Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

D1 file size with NeroVision

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
Anonymous
July 27, 2004 4:32:58 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

I used TMPGenc to encode some 45 min files into what I thought was
D1 and the files were about 650 MB each (Ulead and Nero couldn't
handle the avi files). With Ulead movie factory 2 "don't re-encode"
mode, audio slides out of sync. Re-encoding makes them about 1.1 GB
each and still out of synch.

With Nerovision express re-encoding into D1 they were about 1.1 GB
each but the audio worked properly at least. This leaves me with a
max of about 3.1 hours per DVD. Can anyone get more than that in D1
mode?

More about : file size nerovision

Anonymous
July 27, 2004 4:33:30 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

"Nerds Rule" <Nerds_Rule@nowhere.com> wrote in message
news:s88bg09ms4utgica80s5ki2eni96h0q78k@4ax.com...
>
> I used TMPGenc to encode some 45 min files into what I thought was
> D1 and the files were about 650 MB each (Ulead and Nero couldn't
> handle the avi files). With Ulead movie factory 2 "don't re-encode"
> mode, audio slides out of sync. Re-encoding makes them about 1.1 GB
> each and still out of synch.
>
> With Nerovision express re-encoding into D1 they were about 1.1 GB
> each but the audio worked properly at least. This leaves me with a
> max of about 3.1 hours per DVD. Can anyone get more than that in D1
> mode?
>

Nerds can say "Bit Rate", can you say "Bit Rate" ?
/Ken
Anonymous
July 27, 2004 3:08:13 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 00:33:30 -0500, "Ken Maltby"
<kmaltby@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>
>"Nerds Rule" <Nerds_Rule@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>news:s88bg09ms4utgica80s5ki2eni96h0q78k@4ax.com...
>>
>> I used TMPGenc to encode some 45 min files into what I thought was
>> D1 and the files were about 650 MB each (Ulead and Nero couldn't
>> handle the avi files). With Ulead movie factory 2 "don't re-encode"
>> mode, audio slides out of sync. Re-encoding makes them about 1.1 GB
>> each and still out of synch.
>>
>> With Nerovision express re-encoding into D1 they were about 1.1 GB
>> each but the audio worked properly at least. This leaves me with a
>> max of about 3.1 hours per DVD. Can anyone get more than that in D1
>> mode?
>>
>
> Nerds can say "Bit Rate", can you say "Bit Rate" ?
>/Ken
>

It seems like no matter what bitrate I encode at, NeroVision "pads"
it to a larger size. Ulead lets me make smaller files with a lower
bitrate, but the audio is out of sync in the VOB files even though it
isnt in the half-d1 mpeg2 files. If anyone has actually made half-D1
files and fit more than 3 hours on a DVD with audio in sync, what was
the tool chain (encoder?, VOB file creator?)
Anonymous
July 27, 2004 3:08:14 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

"Nerds Rule" <Nerds_Rule@nowhere.com> wrote in message
news:vfdcg0dvj88h8mcrns7sc8g1fhnufk7c3i@4ax.com...
> On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 00:33:30 -0500, "Ken Maltby"
> <kmaltby@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> >
> >"Nerds Rule" <Nerds_Rule@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> >news:s88bg09ms4utgica80s5ki2eni96h0q78k@4ax.com...
> >>
> >> I used TMPGenc to encode some 45 min files into what I thought was
> >> D1 and the files were about 650 MB each (Ulead and Nero couldn't
> >> handle the avi files). With Ulead movie factory 2 "don't re-encode"
> >> mode, audio slides out of sync. Re-encoding makes them about 1.1 GB
> >> each and still out of synch.
> >>
> >> With Nerovision express re-encoding into D1 they were about 1.1 GB
> >> each but the audio worked properly at least. This leaves me with a
> >> max of about 3.1 hours per DVD. Can anyone get more than that in D1
> >> mode?
> >>
> >
> > Nerds can say "Bit Rate", can you say "Bit Rate" ?
> >/Ken
> >
>
> It seems like no matter what bitrate I encode at, NeroVision "pads"
> it to a larger size. Ulead lets me make smaller files with a lower
> bitrate, but the audio is out of sync in the VOB files even though it
> isnt in the half-d1 mpeg2 files. If anyone has actually made half-D1
> files and fit more than 3 hours on a DVD with audio in sync, what was
> the tool chain (encoder?, VOB file creator?)
>
>

I routinely fit 6 one hour (actually ~42min) TV episodes on a DVD+R.

Encoder = Broadcom BCM7040 ( on my Adaptec AVC-2000 PCI
real-time MPEG capture card using V-One Multimedia's (Snazzi* )
Movie Mill version 2.0.260 capture program) 352x480 VBR |
Bit Rate 6M, Peak Bit rate 8M (~2M average) | GOP 15, I/P 3 (IBBP)
| audio sampled at 48k | MPEG Layer2 bit rate 192

Author SW = TMPGEnc DVD Author 1.6

DVD Burner = TMPGEnc DVD Author 1.6 or Nero 6.3.1.15

I have Nero 6 Ultra, don't use Nero vision. Download the free
30 day trial of TMPGEnc DVD Author or DVDLab ( they use
different work procedures you may find that you like one way
of doing things better than the other.)

You should be able to duplicate or improve on the compression
of my hardware encoder, while maintaining the same high quality,
with a good software encoder on a fast system. It just might not
be at real-time (while making the capture).

Luck;
Ken
!