hard drive contact error

I'm totally stuck. I had two drives going. no problems.Then I needed to
format one, so I could re-install win XP. Ok. done it before.Only the drive
to a long time to format. Over an hour and a half and still 0.0% , this was
tried twice same deal. fine. this drive is fried. enter new hard drive.
install ok only, the old drive which had it all shows unformatted. here's the
strange bit. It's a 100gig drive. 46gig used 54gig open. 46 gig locked out
54gig found and working. all the used data states is an unkown file system
and a RAW drive. THE DATA SPACE IS RAW !! IT'S FREAKING DATA !! The question
is how do I get it back? How can I change or reset a fileing type? How do I
tell my system " Hey,there is data here, Look at it," Any help would be
greatly needed. I've got seven month of irreplaceable work on the line.
Please Help !

Mike

Splendid

remove all drives inc your data.
put in a drive you don't mine clearing.
boot from a win98 bootdisc
run fdisk
remove ALL partitions (check with option4 they are ALL gone)
repartiton to one larger ms-dos one.
run format c: /u
install xp.
when your have updated it and in it happy.
put data drive back in as slave.
off you go.
if it don't work
run norton ndd.

mike

"Shadow Knight" <Shadow Knight@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm totally stuck. I had two drives going. no problems.Then I needed to
> format one, so I could re-install win XP. Ok. done it before.Only the
drive
> to a long time to format. Over an hour and a half and still 0.0% , this
was
> tried twice same deal. fine. this drive is fried. enter new hard drive.
> install ok only, the old drive which had it all shows unformatted. here's
the
> strange bit. It's a 100gig drive. 46gig used 54gig open. 46 gig locked
out
> 54gig found and working. all the used data states is an unkown file system
> and a RAW drive. THE DATA SPACE IS RAW !! IT'S FREAKING DATA !! The
question
> is how do I get it back? How can I change or reset a fileing type? How do
> tell my system " Hey,there is data here, Look at it," Any help would be
> greatly needed. I've got seven month of irreplaceable work on the line.
> Please Help !

---