Pinnacle not outputting to monitor

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Running Pinnacle 8.12.7, I wanted to do a test run of a project I'm working
on and output it to tv. I assume if you render it for output to tape, that
should work. Yes? No? I plugged the DC-10plus board composite out to the
composite in of a tv.

When I hit the "play" on the view screen in Pinnacle, I get a black screen
that says "AVI Cache inside", both the play and rewind buttons depress, the
scrubber bar doesn't move and I get nothing on my tv screen except colored
bars.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

"James" <muzician21@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Running Pinnacle 8.12.7, I wanted to do a test run of a project I'm working
>on and output it to tv. I assume if you render it for output to tape, that
>should work. Yes? No? I plugged the DC-10plus board composite out to the
>composite in of a tv.
>
>When I hit the "play" on the view screen in Pinnacle, I get a black screen
>that says "AVI Cache inside", both the play and rewind buttons depress, the
>scrubber bar doesn't move and I get nothing on my tv screen except colored
>bars.
>
>Any suggestions?
>
>Thanks

When sending te video to tape it will go to the firewire card.
If you have your camera plugged into the firewire card and have the TV
plugged into the video out of the camera then it might work.

There is also a vga option. Click on the Tape tab, click on Settings
then select vga in the video menu. Don't know if this will work but
it's worth a try.

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Brian" <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote in message
> "James" <muzician21@yahoo.com> wrote:

> >When I hit the "play" on the view screen in Pinnacle, I get a black
screen
> >that says "AVI Cache inside", both the play and rewind buttons depress,
the
> >scrubber bar doesn't move and I get nothing on my tv screen except
colored
> >bars.

> When sending te video to tape it will go to the firewire card.
> If you have your camera plugged into the firewire card and have the TV
> plugged into the video out of the camera then it might work.
>
> There is also a vga option. Click on the Tape tab, click on Settings
> then select vga in the video menu.

Don't have a firewire card. I don't believe there's any vga option that
shows up. If it makes a difference, I'm capturing/outputting strictly in the
analog realm.

TRENDING THREADS