I think someone has posted a similar problem on this. I used to be able to
view movies perfectly, but all of a sudden all I get is sound and no picture.
This applies also to my DVD's using the player, and these are DVD's which
have worked on this machine before. Please help?

If the problem is with DVDs, you need to uninstall and reinstall your DVD
decoding software... probably WinDVD or PowerDVD... whichever came with your
PC.

However if these files are AVI files on your hard drive, then it's nearly
always a problem with codecs. So download and install G-Spot codec
identifier and ask it which codec you need.
http://www.headbands.com/gspot/
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Malyst" <Malyst@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I think someone has posted a similar problem on this. I used to be able to
> view movies perfectly, but all of a sudden all I get is sound and no
> picture.
> This applies also to my DVD's using the player, and these are DVD's which
> have worked on this machine before. Please help?

angie

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2004

Malyst Wrote:
> I think someone has posted a similar problem on this. I used to be able
> view movies perfectly, but all of a sudden all I get is sound and no
> picture.
> This applies also to my DVD's using the player, and these are DVD's
> which
> have worked on this machine before. Please help?

If your using a media player of some sort, i.e Windows you might need
to download codecs. Try
http://www.free-codecs.com/K_Lite_Codec_Pack_download.htm and download
the full version. I had the same problem a while ago and it fixed
everything up.

--
Angie