Avid Xpress 4.0 Capture problem

I'm trying to capture from a DV camera. Sometimes works fine, and
Composer window and camera both show playback while recording.

More commonly the camera plays back but nothing appears in Composer
window, and after stopping recording, no clip is saved.

I can't find the cause of the different behaviour.

Can anyone help? Thanks.

On 28 Jul 2004 07:00:30 -0700, google@maxihost.com (atticus) wrote:

>I'm trying to capture from a DV camera. Sometimes works fine, and
>Composer window and camera both show playback while recording.
>
>Can anyone help?

First, make sure your using a FireWire card witht eh TI chipset. Non
TI chipsets can sometimes be problematic with Xpress DV.

If you do have a TI chipset firewire card, try moving it to a
different slot

Optimize XP for video editing http://www.videoguys.com/WinXP.html

Gary

The Electronic Mailbox http://www.videoguys.com
The Desk Top Video Editing & Production Experts
800 323-2325 or Free DTV tech advice (516) 759-1615

All DTV purchases include our 30 day customer assurance program
and FREE tech support