Popping in sound after rendering DVD with Pinnacle 8

Doc

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2003

I've been trying a few test files to render a DVD and find that the
resulting DVD has clicking or popping sounds. I've been using a music video
as the test. I even tried capturing the video with no sound, then laying the
sound track in ripped off the CD using Soundforge. Still does it. The
original source avi file sounds perfect but the DVD version has pops and
clicks.

System - IBM PIII 550mhz, Win98SE, have the video going to a dedicated West.
Dig. 7200rpm 60 gig h/d, Audigy 2 sound card, Pinnacle 8 version 8.12.7

Anyone have any insights as to what could be causing this?

Doc

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2003

"Doc" <docsavage20@REMOVEhotmail.com> wrote in message
> I've been trying a few test files to render a DVD and find that the
> resulting DVD has clicking or popping sounds.

As a follow up, it does it no matter what format I convert to - mpeg, real
media, dvd.

Anybody??