I'm looking for advice on a cheap TV tuner card. Right now, I'm looking at
a 3Dvision (like the one here
http://tekgems.com/Products/et-10830-vid-pv951tf.htm ), which I can get,
shipped, at under $40.

The card would only be used to watch TV, not to record or anything else.
I'm going to be moving away to college soon, and think this is my best
option, but I'm still looking around for advice. My current TV is a
30-something inch monster from the eighties, and it is really impractical
to move, much less fit in a dorm room. I have a generic 17-inch CRT on my
computer, and think this will be more than adequate for my purposes. I
don't think I can find a TV under $40 with the features (remote control,
etc) that the card provides.

Does anyone have any advice for me? Problems? Opinions? Ideas?

ravinder

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2004

May be you should also consider the quality of the video output. I use
pinnacle and it gives good quality video. I have not used 3d vision
card, so I can't comment on its quality.

regards,
ravinder.