Does anyone record streaming video?

I have done some recently. I have recorded off cbsnews.com and
sometimes it works on the real website (sometimes it doesnt). I just
cant get it to work on the windowsmedia site, which is also the msn
site. You need the url for the file and I just cant figure it out. I
try right clicking, I try to find properties. I try to use whats in
the web address bar. I try to see whats last in my temp internet
files. Nothing works on this site. Anone else ever try?

On 7/30/2004 10:14:50 AM, natch wrote:

> I have done some recently. I have recorded off cbsnews.com and
> sometimes it works on the real website (sometimes it doesnt). I just
> cant get it to work on the windowsmedia site, which is also the msn
> site. You need the url for the file and I just cant figure it out. I
> try right clicking, I try to find properties. I try to use whats in
> the web address bar. I try to see whats last in my temp internet
> files. Nothing works on this site. Anone else ever try?

Google for a program called URL Snooper.

FlashGet's Site Explorer will also often do the trick, unless it's
Java(script).
--
"250 years in the future, all will be lost unless the fifth element is
found."

Now playing: "King's X - Picture"

Tarkus <karnevil9@beer.com> wrote in message news:<405myq7aemmk$.dlg@tarkus.karnevil9.com>...
> On 7/30/2004 10:14:50 AM, natch wrote:
>
> > I have done some recently. I have recorded off cbsnews.com and
> > sometimes it works on the real website (sometimes it doesnt). I just
> > cant get it to work on the windowsmedia site, which is also the msn
> > site. You need the url for the file and I just cant figure it out. I
> > try right clicking, I try to find properties. I try to use whats in
> > the web address bar. I try to see whats last in my temp internet
> > files. Nothing works on this site. Anone else ever try?
>
> Google for a program called URL Snooper.
>
> FlashGet's Site Explorer will also often do the trick, unless it's
> Java(script).

thanks, I think it is javascript though. I guess javascript pretty
much negates this process? oh well

On 8/2/2004 9:43:50 AM, natch wrote:

> Tarkus <karnevil9@beer.com> wrote in message news:<405myq7aemmk$.dlg@tarkus.karnevil9.com>...
>> On 7/30/2004 10:14:50 AM, natch wrote:
>>
>>> I have done some recently. I have recorded off cbsnews.com and
>>> sometimes it works on the real website (sometimes it doesnt). I just
>>> cant get it to work on the windowsmedia site, which is also the msn
>>> site. You need the url for the file and I just cant figure it out. I
>>> try right clicking, I try to find properties. I try to use whats in
>>> the web address bar. I try to see whats last in my temp internet
>>> files. Nothing works on this site. Anone else ever try?
>>
>> Google for a program called URL Snooper.
>>
>> FlashGet's Site Explorer will also often do the trick, unless it's
>> Java(script).
>
> thanks, I think it is javascript though. I guess javascript pretty
> much negates this process? oh well

I think URL Snooper will still work, though. Been a long time since I've
used it, however.
--
"Don't touch that please. Your primitive intellect wouldn't understand
things with alloys and compositions and things with ... molecular

Now playing: "King Crimson - Starless"