I just bought this laptop with windows media center on it. I tried to play
some of my DVDs that I have copied and the programs will not play the DVDs.
The DVDs play fine on a DVD player and on the orginal computer I used to copy
them with. How can I fix this problem? Thanks to anyone that may shed some
light on this issue because I am getting ready to leave for Iraq and I was
hoping to take these DVDs with me.

"Levi" <Levi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just bought this laptop with windows media center on it. I tried to play
> some of my DVDs that I have copied and the programs will not play the
> DVDs.
> The DVDs play fine on a DVD player and on the orginal computer I used to
> copy
> them with. How can I fix this problem? Thanks to anyone that may shed
> some
> light on this issue because I am getting ready to leave for Iraq and I was
> hoping to take these DVDs with me.

Windows XP does not support playback of DVDs. You must install third party
DVd playback software such as WinDVD, etc. If your computer came with a DVD
drive, it should have a DVD playback program already installed.

Bobby