Pioneer DVR-A07 DVD Reading problem

Hi,
I have just installed a dvr-a07 dvd drive in a new pc. I am having no
problem creating dvd's however I am having trouble reading several
dvd-r's that I made as a backup of files with the dvr-105. Now when I
put these data dvd disks in the new a07 it doesn't recognize them at
all. As if there is no disk in drive. Now when I place these dvd-r
into my 105 it reads and recognizes them perfectly. It can also be
read on an old Toshiba dvd rom drive.
Is there anyone who has had this problem and/or is there a way to
maybe solve this?
Since I have alot of data on these disks (which are dvd-r 4x
non-descript brand) by the way and it would be easier to transfer data
that way.
Thanks in Advance to all and anyone who can maybe help me on this.

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

Smooth G <SmoothG@infoworks.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>I have just installed a dvr-a07 dvd drive in a new pc. I am having no
>problem creating dvd's however I am having trouble reading several
>dvd-r's that I made as a backup of files with the dvr-105. Now when I
>put these data dvd disks in the new a07 it doesn't recognize them at
>all. As if there is no disk in drive. Now when I place these dvd-r
>into my 105 it reads and recognizes them perfectly. It can also be
>read on an old Toshiba dvd rom drive.
>Is there anyone who has had this problem and/or is there a way to
>maybe solve this?
>Since I have alot of data on these disks (which are dvd-r 4x
>non-descript brand) by the way and it would be easier to transfer data
>that way.
>Thanks in Advance to all and anyone who can maybe help me on this.

You could install both drives on your computer and if you don't plan
on keeping your older drive then copy files from the older disk using
the dvr-105 to a blank disk on the drv-a07.
If you know someone you has got a DVD reader prehaps you could try the
old disk in his DVD reader. If it can't read the old disks then maybe
there was a problewm with the dvr-105 drive.

Regards Brian

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 15:04:58 +1200, Brian <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote:

>Smooth G <SmoothG@infoworks.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>I have just installed a dvr-a07 dvd drive in a new pc. I am having no
>>problem creating dvd's however I am having trouble reading several
>>dvd-r's that I made as a backup of files with the dvr-105. Now when I
>>put these data dvd disks in the new a07 it doesn't recognize them at
>>all. As if there is no disk in drive. Now when I place these dvd-r
>>into my 105 it reads and recognizes them perfectly. It can also be
>>read on an old Toshiba dvd rom drive.
>>Is there anyone who has had this problem and/or is there a way to
>>maybe solve this?
>>Since I have alot of data on these disks (which are dvd-r 4x
>>non-descript brand) by the way and it would be easier to transfer data
>>that way.
>>Thanks in Advance to all and anyone who can maybe help me on this.
>
>You could install both drives on your computer and if you don't plan
>on keeping your older drive then copy files from the older disk using
>the dvr-105 to a blank disk on the drv-a07.
>If you know someone you has got a DVD reader prehaps you could try the
>old disk in his DVD reader. If it can't read the old disks then maybe
>there was a problewm with the dvr-105 drive.
>
>Regards Brian

Thanks Brian,
However on the new pc it is a small form factor and has only 1 space
for 1 dvd drive. The new a07 is in 1 pc and in the older pc there are
2 drives a 105 and a toshiba dvd rom drive. The disk can be read on
both of those as it is only backup data but data I need. So I was
hoping there was some way to allow the new pioneer a07 to read these
disks. I think it is very strange that they work on older drives but
not on the newer one?