Capture Device

I have a Sony Vaio with Click To DVD installed. I am able to use the program
without problems. However, I cant seem to use any other program to capture
analog video. I dont know how to access the capture card software(?). I also
would like to know if I can open the files I have in Click To DVD in any
other program.
Any help or ideas??
6 answers Last reply
More about capture device

    What 'other' programs do you have installed to capture analog video? What
    hardware do you have installed to capture analog hardware?
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "Charlie" <Charlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a Sony Vaio with Click To DVD installed. I am able to use the
    >program
    > without problems. However, I cant seem to use any other program to capture
    > analog video. I dont know how to access the capture card software(?). I
    > also
    > would like to know if I can open the files I have in Click To DVD in any
    > other program.
    > Any help or ideas??

    Try reading youre owners manual or download one from sony...

    "Charlie" wrote:

    > I have a Sony Vaio with Click To DVD installed. I am able to use the program
    > without problems. However, I cant seem to use any other program to capture
    > analog video. I dont know how to access the capture card software(?). I also
    > would like to know if I can open the files I have in Click To DVD in any
    > other program.
    > Any help or ideas??

    I have. The only thing I see under device manager is Legacy Video capture
    device.It is WDM Video for Windows. That is all I know. I am very new to this
    so I really don't have a clue. I dont know how to detect or find out what
    capture devices came installed. I havent installed any. Do I need to purchase
    a separate card reader for each program? The computer has A/V inputs in front
    and rear. Again, it works fine for Click to DVD, but nothing else. Thank You
    for any info you may have.

    "Andrew E." wrote:

    > Try reading youre owners manual or download one from sony...
    >
    > "Charlie" wrote:
    >
    > > I have a Sony Vaio with Click To DVD installed. I am able to use the program
    > > without problems. However, I cant seem to use any other program to capture
    > > analog video. I dont know how to access the capture card software(?). I also
    > > would like to know if I can open the files I have in Click To DVD in any
    > > other program.
    > > Any help or ideas??

    WinDVD Creator v2 (www.intervideo.com) and PowerDirector
    (www.gocyberlink.com) both capture from analog devices.

    There may be not other software installed on your PC for analog capture,
    Sony provided Click to DVD and that's about all they had to provide...I
    believe both the above programs have trial versions so download them to try
    them out and see which you prefer. Or if you're like me, you get both of
    them because you like them both!
    --

    >I have. The only thing I see under device manager is Legacy Video capture
    > device.It is WDM Video for Windows. That is all I know. I am very new to
    > this
    > so I really don't have a clue. I dont know how to detect or find out what
    > capture devices came installed. I havent installed any. Do I need to
    > purchase
    > a separate card reader for each program? The computer has A/V inputs in
    > front
    > and rear. Again, it works fine for Click to DVD, but nothing else. Thank
    > You
    > for any info you may have.
    >
    > "Andrew E." wrote:
    >
    >> Try reading youre owners manual or download one from sony...
    >>
    >> "Charlie" wrote:
    >>
    >> > I have a Sony Vaio with Click To DVD installed. I am able to use the
    >> > program
    >> > without problems. However, I cant seem to use any other program to
    >> > capture
    >> > analog video. I dont know how to access the capture card software(?). I
    >> > also
    >> > would like to know if I can open the files I have in Click To DVD in
    >> > any
    >> > other program.
    >> > Any help or ideas??

    Thanks for your help. I ended up calling Sony and they were able to give me
    other info as well. I dont really like the few options they had, so I will
    probably try your idea as well. Thanks again.

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > WinDVD Creator v2 (www.intervideo.com) and PowerDirector
    > (www.gocyberlink.com) both capture from analog devices.
    >
    > There may be not other software installed on your PC for analog capture,
    > Sony provided Click to DVD and that's about all they had to provide...I
    > believe both the above programs have trial versions so download them to try
    > them out and see which you prefer. Or if you're like me, you get both of
    > them because you like them both!
    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP)
    > Printing & Imaging
    >

    > "Charlie" <Charlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I have. The only thing I see under device manager is Legacy Video capture
    > > device.It is WDM Video for Windows. That is all I know. I am very new to
    > > this
    > > so I really don't have a clue. I dont know how to detect or find out what
    > > capture devices came installed. I havent installed any. Do I need to
    > > purchase
    > > a separate card reader for each program? The computer has A/V inputs in
    > > front
    > > and rear. Again, it works fine for Click to DVD, but nothing else. Thank
    > > You
    > > for any info you may have.
    > >
    > > "Andrew E." wrote:
    > >
    > >> Try reading youre owners manual or download one from sony...

    What's your Click DVD version?
    Start Click DVD software, at select type/Capture Video did you see option:
    i.link OR Analog???

    "Charlie" wrote:

    > I have a Sony Vaio with Click To DVD installed. I am able to use the program
    > without problems. However, I cant seem to use any other program to capture
    > analog video. I dont know how to access the capture card software(?). I also
    > would like to know if I can open the files I have in Click To DVD in any
    > other program.
    > Any help or ideas??

Video DVD Devices Windows XP