Hi

After capturing, the video halts every 2-3 second. The problem occurs both
when editing, and in the saved video. I´ve tried saving and capturing in
different formats, but with no luck.

Does anybody have a clue?

Are you capturing through USB or firewire? Is this analog or digital video?
Which application are you using to capture? What are the specifications of
your PC?

Unable to answer the question without more information.

Thanks
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Tets" <Tets@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> After capturing, the video halts every 2-3 second. The problem occurs both
> when editing, and in the saved video. I´ve tried saving and capturing in
> different formats, but with no luck.
>
> Does anybody have a clue?

Hi

I´m capturing through firewire, digital video. I´m using WMM. 1,4 GHz
processor, 512 mb ram, 16 mb graphics card (that might be it?), about 3,5
gb left on my hdd......

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Are you capturing through USB or firewire? Is this analog or digital video?
> Which application are you using to capture? What are the specifications of
> your PC?
>
> Unable to answer the question without more information.
>
> Thanks
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging
>

> "Tets" <Tets@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > After capturing, the video halts every 2-3 second. The problem occurs both
> > when editing, and in the saved video. I´ve tried saving and capturing in
> > different formats, but with no luck.
> >
> > Does anybody have a clue?

3.5gb left... OUCH!

You might just about get away with the 1.4Ghz, but you need LOTS of space
for digital editing. It takes up 12gb per hour PLUS a temporary file the
same size as the open file.

And 16mb card.... that's another OUCH these days.

I'd say 64mb minimum.... preferably more, and either PCI-E or AGP x8.