Tape capture dark file

When I capture a video tape the file looks a little bit darker. I did a
laser disk capture and the file looked ok.
What can I do to fix this? Using ADVC 100

"jeffblack" wrote ...
> When I capture a video tape the file looks a little bit darker. I did a
> laser disk capture and the file looked ok.
> What can I do to fix this? Using ADVC 100

Assuming you are using equipment intended for NTSC in
the USA. The "set-up" (black level) is 7.5 units where it
is 0 in Japan. Your ADVC-100 has a dip-switch on the
bottom that may be set for "0" instead of "7.5"

Note also that all video looks "darker" on a computer
screen because of the significant difference in the gamma
curve (screen brightness vs. signal level).