Please Help

September 16, 2005 2:10:57 PM

Oh im a bit stumped at the moment, I Had a system running XP Home
Edition that worked perfectly fine until 3 weeks ago when it suddenly
stopped working, so much so that i was even unable to install windows
again because it froze at the same point everytime. So assuming that a
piece of hardware had failed or sumfink i decided to take all my
hardware out and strat from scratch, i removed my dvd drive, floppy
drive, 1 stick of ram, sound card, network card, internal modem and my
wireless network card to see if it was them causing a problem but still
couldnt get windows to load or reinstall.
This has been eating away at me for too long now and the only options
that are left are, dodgy processor, motherboard fault, bios fault or
battery fault?? Any ideas and i would really appreciate them, thanks

--
simonbrock

More about : question

Anonymous
September 16, 2005 2:50:31 PM

Do you remember at what point it failed? Any % value?

Things a PC NEEDS to be able to POST....

Motherboard, CPU (heatsink and fan please!!!), graphics card, monitor and
RAM - oh and strangely enough, a PSU (power supply unit)

Does it POST?

--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging