WinTV "Can't Find Filter" Error Message

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

I suddenly started having trouble with my Hauppauge WinTV PCI.

I was getting error messages saying something like "Can't find filter" or
something, then a series of other errors. All internet searching seemed to
indicate a driver problem, but reloading drivers would not fix the problem.

Turned out the WinTV card was shorting out on the neighbouring PCI card.

Might help someone some day.

Cya

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Update: The WinTV card continues to give intermittent problems. I think it's
damaged.

John wrote:
> Update: The WinTV card continues to give intermittent problems. I think it's
> damaged.

You might want to try the alternative non-Hauppauge Windows drivers here:

http://btwincap.sourceforge.net/

But as you say it looks like a hardware problem.

--
Paul

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

"Paul Hill" <paul.hill@[NOSPAM]clara.co.uk> wrote in message
> John wrote:
> > Update: The WinTV card continues to give intermittent problems. I think
it's
> > damaged.
>
> You might want to try the alternative non-Hauppauge Windows drivers here:
>
> http://btwincap.sourceforge.net/
>
> But as you say it looks like a hardware problem.
>
> > "John" <knight_js.nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >
> >>I suddenly started having trouble with my Hauppauge WinTV PCI.
> >>
> >>I was getting error messages saying something like "Can't find filter"
or
> >>something, then a series of other errors. All internet searching seemed
> >>indicate a driver problem, but reloading drivers would not fix the
> >
> > problem.
> >
> >>Turned out the WinTV card was shorting out on the neighbouring PCI card.
> >>
> >>Might help someone some day.
> >>
> >>Cya
>
> --
> Paul

Ok. Thanks Paul

John wrote:
> "Paul Hill" <paul.hill@[NOSPAM]clara.co.uk> wrote in message
>
>>John wrote:
>>
>>>Update: The WinTV card continues to give intermittent problems. I think
>
> it's
>
>>>damaged.
>>
>>You might want to try the alternative non-Hauppauge Windows drivers here:
>>
>>http://btwincap.sourceforge.net/
>>
>>But as you say it looks like a hardware problem.
>>

>>>"John" <knight_js.nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> or

>>>problem.

>>--
>>Paul
>

> Ok. Thanks Paul

Also load the latest direct x. I had some problems with my card and that
fixed them.

GA

--
My address is spoofed, so do not reply directly.

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

"Gordon Abbot" <gabbot@mmo.net> wrote in message
> John wrote:
> > "Paul Hill" <paul.hill@[NOSPAM]clara.co.uk> wrote in message

> > it's

> >>You might want to try the alternative non-Hauppauge Windows drivers
here:

> >>http://btwincap.sourceforge.net/
> >>
> >>But as you say it looks like a hardware problem.

> > or

> >>--
> >>Paul
> >

> > Ok. Thanks Paul
> >

> Also load the latest direct x. I had some problems with my card and that
> fixed them.
>
> GA
>
> --
> My address is spoofed, so do not reply directly.

Thanks Gordon