"Copying Maps" question

jay

When copying the maps files, is it important to copy the other folders too?
(graphs & soundcache). Some files are almost 20Mb!

Thanks,

Jay

* Jay wrote:
> When copying the maps files, is it important to copy the other folders
> too? (graphs & soundcache). Some files are almost 20Mb!

I would think so, wouldn't you? Are you running a server with these
maps? Or just want the maps for when you play on a server with them to
save downloading?

Are the sound files necessary for the game, or are they some admin mod
type sound files like "doh.wav", "prepare to fight" etc. They aren't
necessary, although they may have been added to the map's .res file to
download by the server's admin on map change?

--
PiG$$
current games : Counter-Strike:Source, Counter-Strike, Far Cry, Doom3

jay

Thanks PiG$$ : )

No, I'm not running a server with them, they're just for saving downloading
time as you said.
Damn, I went to check what sort of names those files had and I can't find
the bloody folder : (
You know what?, don't worry about this.
Thanks a bunch for trying though : )

DPC