Need help with analog to digital capture

Danny

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I am copying video to my computer using the pass thru device on my Cannon
zr40.
THe analog device is the Sony CCD - TRV815 - NTSC - it is a Hi8 camera.

IT captures the video but I do not hear any sound. I am using pinnacle 8
studio on windows xp. When I create an avi, I do not hear any sound, and
also no sound in the pinnacle 8 software.

I am also using an s-video cable from the Sony to Cannon, then firewire from
Cannon to PC.

I assume I need another cable to capture the sound? all the audio items are
checked indicating there is a sound stream.

Thanks for your help

Danny

In news:Danny <dannywork5@hotmail.com> typed:
> I am copying video to my computer using the pass thru device on my
> Cannon zr40.
> THe analog device is the Sony CCD - TRV815 - NTSC - it is a Hi8
> camera.
>
> IT captures the video but I do not hear any sound. I am using
> pinnacle 8 studio on windows xp. When I create an avi, I do not hear
> any sound, and also no sound in the pinnacle 8 software.
>
> I am also using an s-video cable from the Sony to Cannon, then
> firewire from Cannon to PC.
>
> I assume I need another cable to capture the sound? all the audio
> items are checked indicating there is a sound stream.
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> Danny

S-video cable is for video only. No sound input to the ZR40, no sound on
PC.

--
www.odysea.ca

Latest posts