Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Restart during burn process on DVD_RW

Tags:
  • Video
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
September 17, 2005 10:30:24 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

My specs are as follows:


XP Pro Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
CPU AMD Athlon 2.2 Mhz
Total Physical Memory 256.00 MB DDR RAM

BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG, 8/31/2004
Available Physical Memory 33.59 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 617.26 MB

Sound : Realtek AC97 Audio
Video : NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 4000

Primary IDE Channel

Description : Master: Maxtor 6Y080L0
Type : Disk Drive
DMA : On

Secondary IDE Channel


Attached Devices
Description : Master: _NEC DVD_RW ND-3500AG
Type : CD-Rom Drive
DMA : On
Autorun : On
Description : Slave: LITEON CD-ROM LTN526
Type : CD-Rom Drive
DMA : On
Autorun : On

Installed OS Patches
--------------------
(Q810090) USB Update : Yes
(Q329112) Multi-Border DVD with More Than 4 GB of Data Not Readable
Past Border First : Yes
(Q812415) Problems with Multiple ATA devices : No
(Q322359) Intelide.sys Is Not Used on Computers with ICH4 or ICH5 : No
(Q320174) IMAPI Update - CDs recorded have missing files or errors :
Yes
(Q311542) Devices May not power up properly when resuming from standby
: Yes
(Q327086) Data Added to Removable Media During Hibernation May Be Lost
When You Resume Windows XP : Yes
(Q308374) Ricoh 1394 Controller May Not Work with Windows XP : No
(Q314634) Windows XP Does Not Detect Your New USB Device : Yes
(Q822603) USB 1.1 and USB 2.0 update : No
(Q323507) Your IEEE 1394 or USB CD-ROM or DVD-ROM Drive May Not Be
Recognized in Windows XP : No
(Q815834) 'Code 28' Error Message and a Yellow Exclamation Mark Next to
a USB Device in Device Manager After Your Computer Resumes from
Hibernation : No
(Q316575) Problems When You Swap a CD-ROM During Hibernation in Windows
XP : No
(Q811789) Surprise Removal of 1394 Device Can Cause Bluescreen Error :
No
(Q323322) Cannot Use Sony VAIO PCG-C1MRX Internal Camera with Windows
Messenger After You Apply Q316397 : No
(Q811789) Surprise Removal of 1394 Device Can Cause Bluescreen Error

Version DirectX : DirectX 9.0c

Burning Software Description : Nero Burning ROM
Version : 6, 6, 0, 16
Company : Ahead Software AG
Version Check : Ok

ASPI Information
----------------
System ASPI : ASPI is not installed

Nero ASPI : ASPI is installed and working properly

WNASPI32.DLL : 2.0.1.74 164112 bytes October 26, 2004

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The main problem I am getting has occurred ever since installing the
NEC DVD-RW drive and also changing the case at the same time.

Since then, the PC works fine, but when I try to burn DVD's the
computer is restarting at different points midway thorough the burn,
resulting in many "coasters". I have tried motherboard driver updates,
dvd burner updates, display updates, windows updates, firmware update
on the dvd burner, I even tried changing the program as I was
originally using Ulead Movie Factory. I tried installing a case fan, I
made she the CPU wasnt overclocked, updated my bios, virus scans and
spyware scans, with all threats successfully removed now and I just
dont know what else I can do. Can anyone help me at all??????

Many Thanks,

Darius Clarke.

PS I was reading another thread about running the driver verifier to
see if the driver that is causing the crash is highlighted next time
crash occurs, will update this thread when that happens. :) 

More about : restart burn process dvd

Anonymous
September 17, 2005 10:34:34 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

Oh yes, the motherboard is an ECS Elitegroup 741GX-M board. :) 
Anonymous
September 17, 2005 10:37:13 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

And one last thing (I promise lol) this is a copy of the error as it
appears in Event Viewer:


Event Type: Error
Event Source: System Error
Event Category: (102)
Event ID: 1003
Date: 9/17/2005
Time: 8:49:02 AM
User: N/A
Computer: HOME
Description:
Error code 000000c4, parameter1 00000090, parameter2 ffdff120,
parameter3 00000000, parameter4 00000000.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Data:
0000: 53 79 73 74 65 6d 20 45 System E
0008: 72 72 6f 72 20 20 45 72 rror Er
0010: 72 6f 72 20 63 6f 64 65 ror code
0018: 20 30 30 30 30 30 30 63 000000c
0020: 34 20 20 50 61 72 61 6d 4 Param
0028: 65 74 65 72 73 20 30 30 eters 00
0030: 30 30 30 30 39 30 2c 20 000090,
0038: 66 66 64 66 66 31 32 30 ffdff120
0040: 2c 20 30 30 30 30 30 30 , 000000
0048: 30 30 2c 20 30 30 30 30 00, 0000
0050: 30 30 30 30 0000
Related resources
Anonymous
September 17, 2005 8:21:51 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

A C4 is a Driver Verifier error
http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php#0xc4
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging



"Darius27M" <darkalias4ever@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1126964233.426673.222220@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> And one last thing (I promise lol) this is a copy of the error as it
> appears in Event Viewer:
>
>
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: System Error
> Event Category: (102)
> Event ID: 1003
> Date: 9/17/2005
> Time: 8:49:02 AM
> User: N/A
> Computer: HOME
> Description:
> Error code 000000c4, parameter1 00000090, parameter2 ffdff120,
> parameter3 00000000, parameter4 00000000.
>
> For more information, see Help and Support Center at
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
> Data:
> 0000: 53 79 73 74 65 6d 20 45 System E
> 0008: 72 72 6f 72 20 20 45 72 rror Er
> 0010: 72 6f 72 20 63 6f 64 65 ror code
> 0018: 20 30 30 30 30 30 30 63 000000c
> 0020: 34 20 20 50 61 72 61 6d 4 Param
> 0028: 65 74 65 72 73 20 30 30 eters 00
> 0030: 30 30 30 30 39 30 2c 20 000090,
> 0038: 66 66 64 66 66 31 32 30 ffdff120
> 0040: 2c 20 30 30 30 30 30 30 , 000000
> 0048: 30 30 2c 20 30 30 30 30 00, 0000
> 0050: 30 30 30 30 0000
>
Anonymous
September 17, 2005 10:08:33 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

I think I may have selected the wrong error code it should have been
this one :

Event Type: Error
Event Source: System Error
Event Category: (102)
Event ID: 1003
Date: 9/16/2005
Time: 9:19:55 PM
User: N/A
Computer: HOME
Description:
Error code 000000fe, parameter1 00000005, parameter2 ff8790e0,
parameter3 10397001, parameter4 ffabc180.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Data:
0000: 53 79 73 74 65 6d 20 45 System E
0008: 72 72 6f 72 20 20 45 72 rror Er
0010: 72 6f 72 20 63 6f 64 65 ror code
0018: 20 30 30 30 30 30 30 66 000000f
0020: 65 20 20 50 61 72 61 6d e Param
0028: 65 74 65 72 73 20 30 30 eters 00
0030: 30 30 30 30 30 35 2c 20 000005,
0038: 66 66 38 37 39 30 65 30 ff8790e0
0040: 2c 20 31 30 33 39 37 30 , 103970
0048: 30 31 2c 20 66 66 61 62 01, ffab
0050: 63 31 38 30 c180

The one error report I posted earlier was after I set the Verifier to
check all non-Microsoft Drivers. Sorry about that Cari :) 
Anonymous
September 18, 2005 1:34:54 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

Is your PC set to standby or hibernate?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging



"Darius27M" <darkalias4ever@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1127005713.116254.173830@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
>I think I may have selected the wrong error code it should have been
> this one :
>
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: System Error
> Event Category: (102)
> Event ID: 1003
> Date: 9/16/2005
> Time: 9:19:55 PM
> User: N/A
> Computer: HOME
> Description:
> Error code 000000fe, parameter1 00000005, parameter2 ff8790e0,
> parameter3 10397001, parameter4 ffabc180.
>
> For more information, see Help and Support Center at
> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
> Data:
> 0000: 53 79 73 74 65 6d 20 45 System E
> 0008: 72 72 6f 72 20 20 45 72 rror Er
> 0010: 72 6f 72 20 63 6f 64 65 ror code
> 0018: 20 30 30 30 30 30 30 66 000000f
> 0020: 65 20 20 50 61 72 61 6d e Param
> 0028: 65 74 65 72 73 20 30 30 eters 00
> 0030: 30 30 30 30 30 35 2c 20 000005,
> 0038: 66 66 38 37 39 30 65 30 ff8790e0
> 0040: 2c 20 31 30 33 39 37 30 , 103970
> 0048: 30 31 2c 20 66 66 61 62 01, ffab
> 0050: 63 31 38 30 c180
>
> The one error report I posted earlier was after I set the Verifier to
> check all non-Microsoft Drivers. Sorry about that Cari :) 
>
Anonymous
September 18, 2005 7:17:08 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

That sounds like a good success rate in anyones eyes, I will try to get
my hands on some of those Memorex CDs !!

On a downer, I had a perfect night of burning last night, and burned 5
movies, 3 music video mixes and today now I still had a few coasters
despite only using the purple and white covered hp DVD+R. It is
occuring spradically at different points of the burn, sometimes during
the transcode and conversion section and sometimes midway through the
burn itself. I also have emailed NEC and I still have had no reply. I
found another thread similiar to my problem and he hasnt resolved it
yet either:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.video.dvd.tech/brows...

See what you make of it Cari :) 

Thanks a million,
Darius.
Anonymous
September 20, 2005 1:57:27 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

There are several NEC drives on that posting aren't there... that might be
an interesting fact to keep in mind. I've only ever had Pioneer drives (no
idea why I went for the first one, probably just because it was
cheap!)....A06, A08, A09.... as I upgrade my desktop they are moved to other
PCs down the line... and they're all still working fine. I do have to
confess tonight I burned a DVD that didn't quite do what I wanted.... 3
MPEG2 files... and I had them in the correct order, but when I'd burned
them, #3 became #1, #1 became #2 and #2 became #3.

So one Memorex DVD in the trash bin!!! I left it encoding one more time...
I should really go back and see what it's doing!
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging



"Darius27M" <darkalias4ever@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1127081828.433938.122940@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> That sounds like a good success rate in anyones eyes, I will try to get
> my hands on some of those Memorex CDs !!
>
> On a downer, I had a perfect night of burning last night, and burned 5
> movies, 3 music video mixes and today now I still had a few coasters
> despite only using the purple and white covered hp DVD+R. It is
> occuring spradically at different points of the burn, sometimes during
> the transcode and conversion section and sometimes midway through the
> burn itself. I also have emailed NEC and I still have had no reply. I
> found another thread similiar to my problem and he hasnt resolved it
> yet either:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/alt.video.dvd.tech/brows...
>
> See what you make of it Cari :) 
>
> Thanks a million,
> Darius.
>
Anonymous
September 22, 2005 12:00:23 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

Its true maybe the problem might be the NEC drive itself, but now my
problems have taken a turn for the worse. My computer is actually
rebooting whilst doing normal tasks, such as surfing the net, saving
editing media, and so on. I tried deleting a lot of the background
programs to free up memory, and set the page file size to automatic.
Yet I would be simply browsing a web page and reading an article and
then blank screen and reboot. I am at a complete loss as to y this is
happening, and I now feel maybe the problem is not the drive, but some
kind of conflict in the system itself.



Cari (MS-MVP) wrote:
> There are several NEC drives on that posting aren't there... that might be
> an interesting fact to keep in mind. I've only ever had Pioneer drives (no
> idea why I went for the first one, probably just because it was
> cheap!)....A06, A08, A09.... as I upgrade my desktop they are moved to other
> PCs down the line... and they're all still working fine. I do have to
> confess tonight I burned a DVD that didn't quite do what I wanted.... 3
> MPEG2 files... and I had them in the correct order, but when I'd burned
> them, #3 became #1, #1 became #2 and #2 became #3.
>
> So one Memorex DVD in the trash bin!!! I left it encoding one more time...
> I should really go back and see what it's doing!
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging
>
>
>
> "Darius27M" <darkalias4ever@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:1127081828.433938.122940@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> > That sounds like a good success rate in anyones eyes, I will try to get
> > my hands on some of those Memorex CDs !!
> >
> > On a downer, I had a perfect night of burning last night, and burned 5
> > movies, 3 music video mixes and today now I still had a few coasters
> > despite only using the purple and white covered hp DVD+R. It is
> > occuring spradically at different points of the burn, sometimes during
> > the transcode and conversion section and sometimes midway through the
> > burn itself. I also have emailed NEC and I still have had no reply. I
> > found another thread similiar to my problem and he hasnt resolved it
> > yet either:
> >
> > http://groups.google.com/group/alt.video.dvd.tech/brows...
> >
> > See what you make of it Cari :) 
> >
> > Thanks a million,
> > Darius.
> >
!