How to Programmatically Convert .JPEG Images to Video (.WM..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win32.programmer.mmedia,microsoft.public.windowsmedia,microsoft.public.windowsxp.photos,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

Hello All,

First, I apologize for posting this to so many newsgroups. I just wasn't
sure which group would be the best place.

I know that Windows Movie Maker can be used to select a group of images and
convert it to a Windows Video (.WMV) file.

I was wondering if someone knows how or has a code snippet for performing
this task programmatically?

I wish to programmatically loop through a directory and convert all .jpeg
images into a singular Windows Video (.WMV) file. Although C# would be my
language of choice, any example would be very welcome.

Thanks & Regards,

TC
2 answers Last reply
More about programmatically convert jpeg images video
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win32.programmer.mmedia,microsoft.public.windowsmedia,microsoft.public.windowsxp.photos,microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?)

    "TCook" wrote:

    > I wish to programmatically loop through a directory and
    > convert all .jpeg images into a singular Windows Video
    > (.WMV) file. Although C# would be my language of choice,
    > any example would be very welcome.

    To create a WMV you need to use the WindowsMediaFormat SDK.
    Using the WMF SDK, you can push an uncompressed image at a
    time through the writer object to produce the WMV. Reading
    the images and uncompressing them from JPEG it's up to you.
    Otherwise you could use DirectShow, which wraps the WMF
    writer object. The DirctShow\PushSource sample the latest
    Platform SDK will show you how to read a sequence of BMPs.
    Modifying it to read and decompress JPEGs is still up to
    you.

    Doing this in C# is hard if not close to impossible.

    All of this (reading JPEGs, creating WMVs, using PushSource,
    using C#) has been covered many times in
    microsoft.public.win32.programmer.directx.video (for
    DirectShow) and microsoft.public.windowsmedia.sdk (for the
    WMF SDK).

    --
    // Alessandro Angeli
    // MVP :: DigitalMedia

    Thanks Alessandro.

    "Alessandro Angeli [MVP::DigitalMedia]" <nobody@nowhere.in.the.net> wrote in
    message news:u9xn%2388uFHA.3720@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
    > "TCook" wrote:
    >
    >> I wish to programmatically loop through a directory and
    >> convert all .jpeg images into a singular Windows Video
    >> (.WMV) file. Although C# would be my language of choice,
    >> any example would be very welcome.
    >
    > To create a WMV you need to use the WindowsMediaFormat SDK. Using the WMF
    > SDK, you can push an uncompressed image at a time through the writer
    > object to produce the WMV. Reading the images and uncompressing them from
    > JPEG it's up to you. Otherwise you could use DirectShow, which wraps the
    > WMF writer object. The DirctShow\PushSource sample the latest Platform SDK
    > will show you how to read a sequence of BMPs. Modifying it to read and
    > decompress JPEGs is still up to you.
    >
    > Doing this in C# is hard if not close to impossible.
    >
    > All of this (reading JPEGs, creating WMVs, using PushSource, using C#) has
    > been covered many times in microsoft.public.win32.programmer.directx.video
    > (for DirectShow) and microsoft.public.windowsmedia.sdk (for the WMF SDK).
    >

    > --
    > // Alessandro Angeli
    > // MVP :: DigitalMedia
    > // a dot angeli at psynet dot net