LM

Distinguished
May 13, 2004

Hello all,
I have a home video; I edited it in MICROSOFT MOVIE MAKER. The problem is
that I cannot convert it to VOB files so I can watch it not only on PC but
also in any kind of DVD players. I tried several tool like Pinnacle, Adobe
Premier, and other tools but none of them support or recognize MICROSOF
TWIDONS MUVIE MAKER.

Any ideas ? please help Thank you.

The MSWMM file does not contain any video or audio. It is simply a file to
tell Windows Movie Maker what files are in your project.

You need to use the Save to my Computer option and save the completed
project as a DV-AVI or WMV file. To get the best resoution, select the
DV-AVI option.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"lm" <lm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello all,
> I have a home video; I edited it in MICROSOFT MOVIE MAKER. The problem is
> that I cannot convert it to VOB files so I can watch it not only on PC but
> also in any kind of DVD players. I tried several tool like Pinnacle, Adobe
> Premier, and other tools but none of them support or recognize MICROSOF
> TWIDONS MUVIE MAKER.
>
> Any ideas ? please help Thank you.

LM

Distinguished
May 13, 2004

Thank you for your quick response. I will let you know the results.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> The MSWMM file does not contain any video or audio. It is simply a file to
> tell Windows Movie Maker what files are in your project.
>
> You need to use the Save to my Computer option and save the completed
> project as a DV-AVI or WMV file. To get the best resoution, select the
> DV-AVI option.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging
>

> "lm" <lm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello all,
> > I have a home video; I edited it in MICROSOFT MOVIE MAKER. The problem is
> > that I cannot convert it to VOB files so I can watch it not only on PC but
> > also in any kind of DVD players. I tried several tool like Pinnacle, Adobe
> > Premier, and other tools but none of them support or recognize MICROSOF
> > TWIDONS MUVIE MAKER.
> >
> > Any ideas ? please help Thank you.

Let's back up, you have a home video in .AVI format on your hard drive (HDD).
You want to edit it and make a DVD you can play in your conventional DVD
player connected to your TV.

1) Forget about Windows Movie Maker, it doesn't have that capability.

2) Use whatever program you have that IS capable of making DVD's and edit
your original .AVI file using that program. It should have an option to save
your finished product in NTSC DVD format (mpeg2). If you render the move in
that format 1st and save it to your HDD, you can make sure it's what you want
before you burn it to DVD. Once you are satisfied with your work, you should
be able to either A) load the "project file" and burn a DVD or load the NTSC
DVD format (mpeg2) file and burn a DVD.

3) Make sure you check your conventional DVD player manual to ensure it is
capable of playing the type of DVD (+/-) you intend to burn and make sure
your burner is capable of burning that type as well. (ie: if your burner will
only burn +, and your player will only play -, then you'll have to either buy
a new burner or a new DVD player).

4) Read the video editing program instructions before you start to ensure
you maximize it's capabilities. (ie: effects, transitions, titles, menus
etc.) The time spent at the front end will ensure you end up with a quality
DVD you can be proud of.

5) You will need patience.

Good luck!

NOTEKY

"lm" wrote:

> Thank you for your quick response. I will let you know the results.
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
> > The MSWMM file does not contain any video or audio. It is simply a file to
> > tell Windows Movie Maker what files are in your project.
> >
> > You need to use the Save to my Computer option and save the completed
> > project as a DV-AVI or WMV file. To get the best resoution, select the
> > DV-AVI option.
> > --
> > Cari (MS-MVP)
> > Printing & Imaging
> >

> > "lm" <lm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hello all,
> > > I have a home video; I edited it in MICROSOFT MOVIE MAKER. The problem is
> > > that I cannot convert it to VOB files so I can watch it not only on PC but
> > > also in any kind of DVD players. I tried several tool like Pinnacle, Adobe
> > > Premier, and other tools but none of them support or recognize MICROSOF
> > > TWIDONS MUVIE MAKER.
> > >
> > > Any ideas ? please help Thank you.

You're one inch from success, don't quit now.

Problem 1) That's video, but it sounds like you've got the patience. There
are only 2 ways to speed up the "rendering" process, 1) capture the video to
your PC using the settings you intend to use for your final movie (which you
can't do if you're using firewire from a camera) or 2) buy a more powerful PC.

Problem 2) I'm not familiar with either MyDVD or NERO, but when you're in
the final steps .... before selecting "burn", you should be able to change
the audio settings. Maybe the default setting for NTSC DVD in NERO is LPCM
audio (for example). Try changing that to MPEG audio at 224 kbps and see if
that works. Just make sure you don't alter the video settings since you've
got that working. To make sure you've got it right before the "burn", check
it and recheck it again. Then hit ''burn".

NOTEKY