Blank DVD-R recognized as CD-R

September 18, 2005 5:49:02 PM

When I insert a blank DVD-R, the drive changes to CD-R and, when i try to add
something, it gives an error messege

how can i fix this?

More about : blank dvd recognized

Anonymous
September 18, 2005 5:49:03 PM

> When I insert a blank DVD-R, the drive changes to CD-R and, when i try to
> add
> something, it gives an error messege
>
> how can i fix this?

First, make sure that the drive you are using is a DVD burner, and not a
DVD-ROM/CD-RW combo.

If the drive is indeed capable of burning DVD discs, then you will need to
install the software that came with the drive. Windows XP does not have the
ability to burn to DVD.

Bobby
Anonymous
September 18, 2005 6:12:24 PM