Blank DVD-R recognized as CD-R

When I insert a blank DVD-R, the drive changes to CD-R and, when i try to add
something, it gives an error messege

how can i fix this?
2 answers Last reply
More about blank recognized

    > When I insert a blank DVD-R, the drive changes to CD-R and, when i try to
    > add
    > something, it gives an error messege
    >
    > how can i fix this?

    First, make sure that the drive you are using is a DVD burner, and not a
    DVD-ROM/CD-RW combo.

    If the drive is indeed capable of burning DVD discs, then you will need to
    install the software that came with the drive. Windows XP does not have the
    ability to burn to DVD.

    Bobby

    Install DVD burning software.
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    > When I insert a blank DVD-R, the drive changes to CD-R and, when i try to
    > add
    > something, it gives an error messege
    >
    > how can i fix this?

Video CD-Rom Microsoft DVD Writers Windows XP