Can't access most forums...

kulmegil

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2005
I can't access forums : Network, Mobile, Games & Software

When I try I get Error: the user account detected by cookie is no longer active. When I "Click to login again" I got some XUL error about cookies from my FireFox.

IE does the same, so it's not browser fault rather.

Please help.

pickxx

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004

When I try I get Error: the user account detected by cookie is no longer active. When I "Click to login again" I got some XUL error about cookies from my FireFox.

Please help.

I've actually requested that you dont have acess to certain forums because of your low sperm count.

kulmegil

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2005
Hmmmm... are You trying to tell me that I must have 10 posts before going into those forums or something like that?

It would be pretty strange because
a) there are people with less then 10 posts
b) why I wouldn't be able to simply browse the forums why logged in if I can browse them when not logged?
c) I didn't found any notice about it - maybe it's cleverly hidden somewhere, but what would be the point in it? (and probably it would be better to simple put appropriate message instead the one I get)

pickxx

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
If you can post here you should be able to post anywhere.....

If you can't, grab the url when you get the error message and post it down here.

Did you know the mirrors on the DLP chip for DLP projection TV's are only 1 micron apart?

kulmegil

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2005
I got an error (screenshot) as soon as I click on Network, Mobile, Games or Software section links on main forum home (root) page.

Cleaning cookies or disabling adblock and such won't help, coz I have the same on "clean" IE from XP SP2 (I also cleaned cookies and cache... no result). Disabling IMON on my NOD32 antyvir didn't helped also. It's something wrong with this accont or my ISP's forced_for_all_http_trafic_proxy (I didn't have any problems with it yet) probably.

Chibiabos

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2006

Please help.

I am having the same problem with about half of the forums on toms.

whmice

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2006
i also have the same problem on network, games, software and moblie.
but my message is different:
Error F1: You have specified an incorrect or inactive username, or an invalid password.

PatrThom

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2006
Gotta say the same thing is happening to me, too. Here's the message I get:
Information

Error: the user account detected by cookie is no longer active.

Click to login again
Here's the link I get directed to:

http://forumz.tomshardware.com/modules.php?name=Your_Account

And here's the message Safari (yes, Safari) gives me.
Safari can’t open the page.
Too many redirects occurred trying to open “http://forumz.tomshardware.com/modules.php?name=Your_Account”. This might occur if you open a page that is redirected to open another page which then is redirected to open the original page.
Ideas? (And don't say 'buy a PC,' cuz I run 4 already and 1 more is on the way)

--Patrick

PaulWJones

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2006
:(

I see pretty much the same thing as everyone else. I can get to Hardware and Communty Forum Categories, but not to Network, etc., when I'm logged in.

I've tried a couple of things:

1. Created a new userid, to make sure it wasn't that my old one (not used in a while) wasn't the problem. Essentially the problem persists there.

2. Went into Opera (which I use less frequently than IE and FireFox, both of which showed the problems), and cleared all private data, cache, and cookies (Tom's had them all over, by the way). Once logged in, still couldn't get to the other Forum categories.

So I thin there is some sort of problem, either with userids, or with the Forumz not propagating userid/password types of things.

Looks like a Bugz to me :?

PaulWJones

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2006
Tried some further experiments, to see what happens:

1. Logged out - when I log out, I am able to go into the Network Forum Category. I can see what's there, scroll around, etc.

2. When I try to post a reply to an entry in the Forum Category Network, I get then the login panel (to be expected), I then login, however, I then get thrown back out, to the base Forums screen, and then clicking back in, cannot see the forum at all.

All of this is from the new userid. Error URL is:

http://forumz.tomshardware.com/network/

which I assume is not much use.

PaulWJones

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2006
OK, one observation, from a quick glance, is that it looks like the majority of people having problems have a low post count. Wonder if that is somehow related.

PaulWJones

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2006
There is definitely another bug in under here.

Under Firefox, For URL:

http://forumz.tomshardware.com/modules.php?name=Your_Account

I get the error message:

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the serve is redirecting the request of this address in a way tha will never complete.

* This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

Try again

____

The previous screen was:

http://forumz.tomshardware.com/network/

Information

Error: the user account detected by cookie is no longer active

Click to lockin again

(which I did). Home -> Network

The URL, when I copy it, for the Click to login again, is:

http://forumz.tomshardware.com/modules.php?name=Your_Account&redirect=index

This is from the brand-new-account, and it is able to get into Forum Category Hardware.

PaulWJones

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2006
Repeated things from my older Forumz account, and essentially the problems are the same (can get to Hardware and Community, but not Network, Mobile, etc.). CE does seem to be working on both.

Intetesting.

PaulWJones

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2006
Got my post count up (legitimately, to 25, out of stranger to newbie), but that seemed to make no difference in which forum categories I could see while logged in. Still can get to Hardware, CE, Community, cannot get to Network, Mobile, Games, and Software. So it isn't post count that's screwing us all up. Most be something in the forum tool/server.

BLKMGK

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2006
EXACT same issue here and a real shame as I'd hoped to add to the DIY NAS discussion with some benchmarks. Glad to see it's not just me - I've tried logging out\in clearing cookies, two different browsers, and it's QUITE odd that it's just certain specific forums too :-(