you have the right to leave

Subject: It's Our Country - real editorial

> [...]
> that our patriotism was offending others. I am not against
> immigration,
> nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life
> by
> coming to England.
>
> However, there are a few things that those who have recently come
> our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand.
>
> This idea of England being a multicultural community has served
> only
> to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As British, we
> have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our
> own
> lifestyle.
>
> This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles,
> trials
> and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.
>
> We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese,
> Japanese,
> Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become
> part
> of our society, Learn the language!
>
> "In God We Trust" is our National Motto. This is not some
> Christian,
> right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because
> Christian
> men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and
> this
> is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it
> on
> the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you
> consider another part of the world as your new home, Because God
> is
> part of
> our culture.
>
> If the Southern Cross offends you, or you don't like " A Fair Go",
> then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this
> planet.
>
> We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, And we
> really don't care how you did things where you came from.
>
> This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow
> you
> every opportunity to enjoy all this.
>
> But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our
> Flag,
> Our Pledge, Our National Motto, or Our Way of Life, I highly
> encourage
> you take advantage of one other great British freedom,
>
> "THE RIGHT TO LEAVE".
>
> If you aren't happy here then f#@* off! We didn't force you to
> come
> here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.
> Pretty easy really, when you think about it.
>
> I figure if we all keep passing this to our friends (and enemies)
> it
> will also, sooner or later get back to the complainers,
> lets all try, please.
>

> No matter how many times you receive it... please forward it

106 answers Last reply
More about leave

    ian lincoln wrote:
    > Subject: It's Our Country - real editorial

    > > "In God We Trust" is our National Motto. This is not some
    > > Christian,
    > > right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because
    > > Christian
    > > men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and
    > > this
    > > is clearly documented.

    If this is a real editorial, someone needs to employ a new sub-editor,
    as the one they've got displays near Guardian-esque incompetence. The
    closest thing we have to a "National Motto" is surely the royal motto,
    which is "Dieu et Mon Droit" ("God and my Right").

    > > If the Southern Cross offends you, or you don't like " A Fair Go",
    > > then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this
    > > planet.
    > >
    > > We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, And we
    > > really don't care how you did things where you came from.

    > > Flag,
    > > Our Pledge, Our National Motto, or Our Way of Life, I highly
    > > encourage
    > > you take advantage of one other great British freedom,

    Taken as a whole, it looks like a clumsily adapted version of a chain
    email with (presumably, given the references) American origins. If
    people are going to forward it, as suggested, a little correction might
    be a good idea before hitting send.

    <john.d.campion@gmail.com> wrote in message

    > ian lincoln wrote:
    >> Subject: It's Our Country - real editorial

    >> > "In God We Trust" is our National Motto. This is not some
    >> > Christian,
    >> > right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because
    >> > Christian
    >> > men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation,
    >> > and
    >> > this
    >> > is clearly documented.
    >
    > If this is a real editorial, someone needs to employ a new sub-editor,
    > as the one they've got displays near Guardian-esque incompetence. The
    > closest thing we have to a "National Motto" is surely the royal motto,
    > which is "Dieu et Mon Droit" ("God and my Right").
    >

    >> > If the Southern Cross offends you, or you don't like " A Fair
    >> > Go",
    >> > then you should seriously consider a move to another part of
    >> > this
    >> > planet.
    >> >
    >> > We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, And
    >> > we
    >> > really don't care how you did things where you came from.

    >> > Flag,
    >> > Our Pledge, Our National Motto, or Our Way of Life, I highly
    >> > encourage
    >> > you take advantage of one other great British freedom,
    >> >
    > Taken as a whole, it looks like a clumsily adapted version of a chain
    > email with (presumably, given the references) American origins. If
    > people are going to forward it, as suggested, a little correction might
    > be a good idea before hitting send.

    Only time I've seen 'In God we Trust' written as a motto of any kind is on
    US currency

    john.d.campion@gmail.com wrote:

    Don't think we don't know who you are Mr. Style ;-)

    > If this is a real editorial, someone needs to employ a new sub-editor,
    > as the one they've got displays near Guardian-esque incompetence. The
    > closest thing we have to a "National Motto" is surely the royal motto,
    > which is "Dieu et Mon Droit" ("God and my Right").

    Perhaps the Daily Star has poached the sub-editor from the Grauniad :-)

    > Taken as a whole, it looks like a clumsily adapted version of a chain
    > email with (presumably, given the references) American origins. If
    > people are going to forward it, as suggested, a little correction might
    > be a good idea before hitting send.

    If people are going to forward it, perhaps they'd like to think a little
    more about what it actually says. It reads to me as a poorly thought
    out xenophobic rant from someone who buys their political views from the
    "Sun Says" column.

    in either case, posts like that are really not appropriate for aghl.
    whether it was the OP's intention or not, it comes across far more as
    troll bait than anything else.

    --
    Ben Cottrell AKA Bench

    On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 09:55:52 GMT, "ian lincoln" <jessops@sux.com>
    wrote:

    >> This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles,
    >> trials
    >> and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.

    odd. the england i live in has been a unified nation under a single
    monarch for a millenium.
    even america & australia have been around for 2 centuries.

    >> We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese,
    >> Japanese,
    >> Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become
    >> part
    >> of our society, Learn the language!
    >>
    >> "In God We Trust" is our National Motto. This is not some
    >> Christian,

    never heard anyone say that - i actually thought it was printed on us
    banknotes.

    >> right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because
    >> Christian
    >> men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and
    >> this
    >> is clearly documented.

    the various factions left after the romans were catholic, as the
    vikings of the time were largely pagan, this served to help unify the
    english people to drive out the vikings.
    a few centuries later henry the letch, driven by the need for a son &
    heir, defied the pope, outlawed catholicism & instituted the church of
    england.
    while protestantism is also christianity, it's a far cry from the
    original catholicism.

    >> It is certainly appropriate to display it
    >> on
    >> the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you
    >> consider another part of the world as your new home, Because God
    >> is
    >> part of
    >> our culture.
    >>
    >> If the Southern Cross offends you, or you don't like " A Fair Go",
    >> then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this
    >> planet.
    >>
    >> We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, And we
    >> really don't care how you did things where you came from.

    i think england is in need of a change - this time to a secular
    society; where religions are tolerated but have absolutely no
    political power whatsoever - and enshrine that in the law.
    look at the statistics - church-going worshippers are a minority. why
    should they have a disproportionate say in the governance of the land?

    >> This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow
    >> you
    >> every opportunity to enjoy all this.
    >>
    >> But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our
    >> Flag,
    >> Our Pledge, Our National Motto, or Our Way of Life, I highly
    >> encourage
    >> you take advantage of one other great British freedom,

    what pledge? afaik, only americans are encouraged/forced to pledge
    allegiance, british are not.
    whoever wrote this is obviously american not british.

    dr ratt

    ----------------------
    trust me.
    i know what i'm doing.
    ----------------------

    "doctor.ratt" <spamsum1else@zen.co.uk> wrote
    > what pledge? afaik, only americans are encouraged/forced to pledge
    > allegiance, british are not.

    Anyone joining the British Forces swears an oath of allegiance to the Crown.
    I had crossed fingers though.
    -(.)(.)-
    David
    Davidfirewater(a)hotmail.com

    "I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion
    and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's."

    - Mark Twain

    In article <IKiMe.7536$0u2.3494@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk>, ian lincoln
    <jessops@sux.com> wrote:

    > Subject: It's Our Country - real editorial

    (rightwing bullshit snipped)

    Your point is?

    ___
    Neil
    aka HighVis

    On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 14:13:19 GMT, "David Firewater" <nospam@home.com>
    wrote:

    >"doctor.ratt" <spamsum1else@zen.co.uk> wrote
    >> what pledge? afaik, only americans are encouraged/forced to pledge
    >> allegiance, british are not.
    >
    >Anyone joining the British Forces swears an oath of allegiance to the Crown.
    >I had crossed fingers though.
    >-(.)(.)-

    i think mps must swear fealty also but not the average subject.

    >David
    >Davidfirewater(a)hotmail.com
    >
    >"I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion
    >and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's."
    >
    >- Mark Twain

    ----------------------
    trust me.
    i know what i'm doing.
    ----------------------

    The Daily Mail?

    Damn. That interchanges perfectly with the US! You go Brits!!!
    McG.

    > <john.d.campion@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> ian lincoln wrote:
    >>> Subject: It's Our Country - real editorial

    >> If this is a real editorial, someone needs to employ a new
    >> sub-editor, as the one they've got displays near Guardian-esque
    >> incompetence. The closest thing we have to a "National Motto" is
    >> surely the royal motto, which is "Dieu et Mon Droit" ("God and my
    >> Right").

    >> Taken as a whole, it looks like a clumsily adapted version of a chain
    >> email with (presumably, given the references) American origins. If
    >> people are going to forward it, as suggested, a little correction
    >> might be a good idea before hitting send.
    >>

    > Only time I've seen 'In God we Trust' written as a motto of any kind
    > is on US currency

    It is OUR motto, actually. Was surprised (and pleased) to see it was
    the British motto too. but now find it isn't?
    McG.

    I was strolling through alt.games.half-life one day, when suddenly
    doctor.ratt surprised me by leaping from a nearby hedge.
    As I levelled my service revolver, the unfortunate creature cried out;

    > i think mps must swear fealty also but not the average subject.

    I seem to remember promising loyalty to the monarch as part of the cub
    promise - can't remember where she came in the general scheme of things
    in relation to Akela and the sixer, mind...
    --

    "No is for wimps. No is for pussies. No is to live small and
    embittered, cherishing the opportunities you missed because

    Hum, wonder why I thought it was "E Pluribus Unum"????

    --

    "The Buffalo Theory"

    A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest
    buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest
    and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This
    natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because
    the general speed and health of the whole group keeps
    improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.
    In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as
    fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of
    alcohol, as we know, kill brain cells. But naturally,
    it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first.
    In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the
    weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more
    efficient machine! That's why you always feel smarter
    after a few beers.

    > "Shawk" <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Only time I've seen 'In God we Trust' written as a motto of any kind
    >> is on US currency
    >
    > It is OUR motto, actually. Was surprised (and pleased) to see it was the
    > British motto too. but now find it isn't?
    > McG.

    British as a whole dont have one unless you want to count the motto of the
    British monarchy ('Dieu et mon droit' - or 'God and my (birth) right') which
    has been around since Henry V (1400's). There is however one attached to
    every coat of arms and each regiment etc in the forces has their own. A
    selection below for you....

    http://www.military-quotes.com/mottos/UK.htm

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_state_mottos

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mottos

    I like the Thames Valley Police one - 'Let there be Peace in the Thames
    Valley'. Perhaps that should be updated to 'Let there be Peace, speed traps
    and a 40% rise in hate crimes since the London bombings in the Thames
    Valley'

    "Cannon Fodder" <gonfishn39@mindspring.com> wrote in message
    > Hum, wonder why I thought it was "E Pluribus Unum"????
    >
    > On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 22:38:51 GMT, "McGrandpa"
    > <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >> It is OUR motto, actually. Was surprised (and pleased) to see it
    >> was the British motto too. but now find it isn't?
    >> McG.

    All For One? I thot it was "In God We Trust"!

    >> "Shawk" <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Only time I've seen 'In God we Trust' written as a motto of any kind
    >>> is on US currency
    >>
    >> It is OUR motto, actually. Was surprised (and pleased) to see it
    >> was the British motto too. but now find it isn't?
    >> McG.
    >>

    > British as a whole dont have one unless you want to count the motto
    > of the British monarchy ('Dieu et mon droit' - or 'God and my (birth)
    > right') which has been around since Henry V (1400's). There is
    > however one attached to every coat of arms and each regiment etc in
    > the forces has their own. A selection below for you....
    >
    > http://www.military-quotes.com/mottos/UK.htm
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_state_mottos
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mottos
    >
    > I like the Thames Valley Police one - 'Let there be Peace in the
    > Thames Valley'. Perhaps that should be updated to 'Let there be
    > Peace, speed traps and a 40% rise in hate crimes since the London
    > bombings in the Thames Valley'

    Couldn't agree on just one, huh? You've only had a millenia! ;)
    McG.

    "Lief" <ask.me.for@it.com> wrote in message
    > "ian lincoln" <jessops@sux.com> wrote in message
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    > Written by an american who is clueless, it seems.
    >
    > 200 years of culture? WTF~

    That'd be the US :) Brits? When did culture start? Thousand years
    ago?
    McG.

    McGrandpa wrote:

    > All For One? I thot it was "In God We Trust"!

    Literally "One from Many", I think.

    It's the motto on the seal of the United States, about which there's
    much interesting info here (symbolism of the devices on the seal etc)
    http://www.greatseal.com/mottoes/unum.html

    -wildy

    "WildStyle24_7" <wildstyle247@gmail.com> wrote in message

    >> i think mps must swear fealty also but not the average subject.
    >>
    > I seem to remember promising loyalty to the monarch as part of the cub
    > promise - can't remember where she came in the general scheme of things
    > in relation to Akela and the sixer, mind...

    And do you still do a good deed every day?

    --
    Paul

    doctor.ratt wrote:
    > i think mps must swear fealty also but not the average subject.

    Yup. It was a source of contention when Sinn Fein got their first
    elected MP - they refused (and I think still do refuse) to pledge
    alligence to the Queen...

    Civilian_Target

    > "Lief" <ask.me.for@it.com> wrote in message
    >> "ian lincoln" <jessops@sux.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> <snip>
    >>
    >> Written by an american who is clueless, it seems.
    >>
    >> 200 years of culture? WTF~
    >
    > That'd be the US :) Brits? When did culture start? Thousand years ago?
    > McG.

    Depends which culture you mean. Man was hunting here in the ice age (kept
    popping back abroad when it got colder though - bit like today). Various
    warring tribes existed from then until around 40AD when Claudius finally
    conquered them and brought a little Roman civilisation here. So - I guess
    you should double your estimate to 2 thousand years. IIRC Colchester was
    the first ever City (around the same time) and it's still there today.

    "Paul Catley" <paul.notreallymyaddress@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > "WildStyle24_7" <wildstyle247@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> i think mps must swear fealty also but not the average subject.
    >>>
    >> I seem to remember promising loyalty to the monarch as part of the cub
    >> promise - can't remember where she came in the general scheme of things
    >> in relation to Akela and the sixer, mind...
    >
    > And do you still do a good deed every day?

    Of course... and I still have my woggle... dib dib

    Our Akela was a woman and my first fantasy. Went all through cubs and into
    the scouts from which I got expelled for breaking a church window with a
    football - from the inside.. the start of my downward slide I guess ;-)

    On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 10:24:35 +0200, Civilian_Target <tadhgp@yahoo.com>
    wrote:

    >Yup. It was a source of contention when Sinn Fein got their first

    surely they'd have had to get an out of work actor to read it anyway.

    dr ratt

    ----------------------
    trust me.
    i know what i'm doing.
    ----------------------

    >> "Lief" <ask.me.for@it.com> wrote in message
    >>> "ian lincoln" <jessops@sux.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> <snip>
    >>>
    >>> Written by an american who is clueless, it seems.
    >>>
    >>> 200 years of culture? WTF~
    >>
    >> That'd be the US :) Brits? When did culture start? Thousand years
    >> ago? McG.
    >
    > Depends which culture you mean. Man was hunting here in the ice age
    > (kept popping back abroad when it got colder though - bit like
    > today). Various warring tribes existed from then until around 40AD
    > when Claudius finally conquered them and brought a little Roman
    > civilisation here. So - I guess you should double your estimate to 2
    > thousand years. IIRC Colchester was the first ever City (around the
    > same time) and it's still there today.

    Helluva lotta history there!
    McG.

    > McGrandpa wrote:
    >

    >> All For One? I thot it was "In God We Trust"!
    >
    > Literally "One from Many", I think.
    >
    > It's the motto on the seal of the United States, about which there's
    > much interesting info here (symbolism of the devices on the seal etc)
    > http://www.greatseal.com/mottoes/unum.html
    >
    > -wildy

    There is a lot of symbolism involved in all of the nations and states
    seals, and that on currency. Most Americans never bother to read about
    any of it. Thanks for the link, took me back to American History days
    in high school :)
    McG.

    > "Shawk" <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses> wrote in message
    >> "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> "Lief" <ask.me.for@it.com> wrote in message

    >>> That'd be the US :) Brits? When did culture start? Thousand years
    >>> ago? McG.
    >>
    >> Depends which culture you mean. Man was hunting here in the ice age
    >> (kept popping back abroad when it got colder though - bit like
    >> today). Various warring tribes existed from then until around 40AD
    >> when Claudius finally conquered them and brought a little Roman
    >> civilisation here. So - I guess you should double your estimate to 2
    >> thousand years. IIRC Colchester was the first ever City (around the
    >> same time) and it's still there today.
    >
    > Helluva lotta history there!
    > McG.

    ....keep watching - there's more to come... ;-)

    "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote
    > Simple truth is, this nation is, today, populated primarily by emigrants
    > and their immediate descendants. My maternal great grandfather had a
    > lot of trouble speaking English, but that didn't hinder his CHOICE to do
    > so. Any one of his kids or grandkids that spoke Gaelic around him got a
    > little lecture :)

    Isn't Gaelic the national language of Lesbos?

    -\o/-

    "David Firewater" <nospam@home.com> wrote in message
    > "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote
    >> Simple truth is, this nation is, today, populated primarily by
    >> emigrants and their immediate descendants. My maternal great
    >> grandfather had a lot of trouble speaking English, but that didn't
    >> hinder his CHOICE to do so. Any one of his kids or grandkids that
    >> spoke Gaelic around him got a little lecture :)
    >
    > Isn't Gaelic the national language of Lesbos?
    >
    > -\o/-
    > David
    > davidfirewater(a)hotmail.com

    Scotland :)
    McG.

    "McGrandpa" <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote
    > > Isn't Gaelic the national language of Lesbos?
    >
    > Scotland :)

    No, I meant... Oh, never mind.
    -;)-
    David
    davidfirewater(a)hotmail.com

    Nope, ya know I'm a fisherman and I has a Gofer on the line... Took
    the bait hook, line and sinker... Ain't gonna cut him loose now.... :)

    --

    Cannon Fodder wrote:

    > Beats chewing buckskin for moccasins....

    If it was back then before the "Americans" tore the land apart I might
    choose another livestyle involving less money and more buckskin
    Ok no half-life 2 obviously but I would have Real-Life (tm)

    - Peter

    McGrandpa wrote:
    > "David Firewater" <nospam@home.com> wrote in message
    >>Isn't Gaelic the national language of Lesbos?
    >>
    >>-\o/-
    >>David
    >>davidfirewater(a)hotmail.com
    >

    > Scotland :)

    An leabharann tú?
    (Can you speak it?)

    Civilian_Target

    (Firewater: Hope you're right about it being the national language of
    Lesbos...)

    "Civilian_Target" <tadhgp@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > McGrandpa wrote:
    >> "David Firewater" <nospam@home.com> wrote in message
    >>> Isn't Gaelic the national language of Lesbos?
    >>>
    >>> -\o/-
    >>> David
    >>> davidfirewater(a)hotmail.com
    >>

    >> Scotland :)
    >
    > An leabharann tú?
    > (Can you speak it?)
    >
    > Civilian_Target
    >
    > (Firewater: Hope you're right about it being the national language of
    > Lesbos...)

    No, I picked up a few words of it when I was a little kid. Even my
    aunties have forgotten it I think. it'd be an interesting language to
    learn :)
    McG.

    On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 10:56:27 GMT, "McGrandpa"
    <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:

    >Like, um, my A64 X2 4800+ will be in Wednesday! Yaaaaaaaaay! We din't
    >have this stuff when we were kids! :)

    didn't games come on stone tablets back then?

    dr ratt

    ----------------------
    trust me.
    i know what i'm doing.
    ----------------------

    McGrandpa wrote:
    > No, I picked up a few words of it when I was a little kid. Even my
    > aunties have forgotten it I think. it'd be an interesting language to
    > learn :)
    > McG.

    Interesting, although perhaps not that useful. While Scotish Gaeilc is
    as good as dead, its really just a dialect of Gaeilge, (the Irish
    language) which is still very much alive. But everyone who can speak it
    can also speak English, except maybe on a few remote islands...

    Civilian_Target

    doctor.ratt wrote:
    >>Like, um, my A64 X2 4800+ will be in Wednesday! Yaaaaaaaaay! We din't
    >>have this stuff when we were kids! :)
    >

    > didn't games come on stone tablets back then?

    yeah - but you had to configure you're 2'3" stone-tablet drive, and
    those things weighed a fricking ton!

    Civilian_Target

    "doctor.ratt" <spamsum1else@zen.co.uk> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 10:56:27 GMT, "McGrandpa"
    > <McGrandpaNOT@NOThotmail.com> wrote:
    >

    >> Like, um, my A64 X2 4800+ will be in Wednesday! Yaaaaaaaaay! We
    >> din't have this stuff when we were kids! :)
    >
    > didn't games come on stone tablets back then?
    >
    > dr ratt
    >

    > ----------------------
    > trust me.
    > i know what i'm doing.
    > ----------------------

    We had tablets? Hm. Thot it wuz just stoned! ;)
    McG.

    > doctor.ratt wrote:
    >>> Like, um, my A64 X2 4800+ will be in Wednesday! Yaaaaaaaaay! We
    >>> din't have this stuff when we were kids! :)
    >>

    >> didn't games come on stone tablets back then?
    >
    > yeah - but you had to configure you're 2'3" stone-tablet drive, and
    > those things weighed a fricking ton!
    >
    > Civilian_Target

    You oughtta try a low-level format on one!

    > McGrandpa wrote:
    >> No, I picked up a few words of it when I was a little kid. Even my
    >> aunties have forgotten it I think. it'd be an interesting language
    >> to learn :)
    >> McG.
    >
    > Interesting, although perhaps not that useful. While Scotish Gaeilc is
    > as good as dead, its really just a dialect of Gaeilge, (the Irish
    > language) which is still very much alive. But everyone who can speak
    > it can also speak English, except maybe on a few remote islands...
    >
    > Civilian_Target

    You might hear it in music and spoken in movies, but nobody around here
    speaks any Gaelic at all. By the time I got to school at age 6, I
    discovered there were a few words I didn't need and picked up a few new
    ones :)
    McG.

    I was strolling through alt.games.half-life one day, when suddenly
    Peter [AGHL] surprised me by leaping from a nearby hedge.
    As I levelled my service revolver, the unfortunate creature cried out;

    > I might
    > choose another livestyle involving less money and more buckskin

    "We wanted to blast the world free of history.... picture yourself
    planting radishes and seed potatoes on the fifteenth green of a
    forgotten golf course. You'll hunt elk through the damp canyon forests
    around the ruins of Rockefeller Center, and dig clams next to the
    skeleton of the Space Needle leaning at a forty-five degree angle.
    We'll paint the skyscrapers with huge totem faces and goblin tikis, and
    every evening what's left of mankind will retreat to empty zoos and lock
    itself in cages as protection against the bears and big cats and wolves
    that pace and watch us from outside the cage bars at night."

    --
    Wildy

    "I just want to smash my opponents to pieces, Kick 'em so hard that they
    say 'Please stop, I don't know what I'm doing in the ring coz obviously
    I'm not suitable for this sport'. That kind of thing.

    I want people to reconsider their actions when they get in the ring
    with me, not just get beat, but really reconsider their actions"

    -Dexter Casey

    I was strolling through alt.games.half-life one day, when suddenly
    Paul Catley surprised me by leaping from a nearby hedge.
    As I levelled my service revolver, the unfortunate creature cried out;

    > And do you still do a good deed every day?

    One tries Paul, one tries....

    :)

    I was strolling through alt.games.half-life one day, when suddenly
    Ben Cottrell surprised me by leaping from a nearby hedge.
    As I levelled my service revolver, the unfortunate creature cried out;

    > Don't think we don't know who you are Mr. Style ;-)

    Meh.

    That's what happens when you go straight from important work stuff to,
    well, here.

    Anyways, I still say that Bold is Ramon.

    --
    "we must stop the laughter or we will surely die from the fun!!"
    -Ramon De Santos, in AGHL

    WildStyle24_7 wrote:
    > I was strolling through alt.games.half-life one day, when suddenly
    > Ben Cottrell surprised me by leaping from a nearby hedge.
    > As I levelled my service revolver, the unfortunate creature cried out;
    >

    >>Don't think we don't know who you are Mr. Style ;-)
    >>

    > Meh.
    >
    > That's what happens when you go straight from important work stuff to,
    > well, here.
    >
    > Anyways, I still say that Bold is Ramon.

    Well, we haven't seen either of them for a long time.

    Thad

    Neil Jones wrote:
    > In article <MPG.1d6f1bda9b7067d098aa9a@news.individual.net>,
    > WildStyle24_7 <wildstyle247@gmail.com> wrote:
    >
    > > "We wanted to blast the world free of history....
    >
    > Yay.. Fight Club!

    >From the book mind, that's highbrow...

    > Now all we need are some Matrix quotes, and you're
    > well and truly back!

    /shudder

    Don't make me post the rant again....

    -
    Wildy

    t h a d wrote:
    > WildStyle24_7 wrote:

    > > Anyways, I still say that Bold is Ramon.
    > >

    > Well, we haven't seen either of them for a long time.

    Well, exactly!

    /raises eyebrow significantly

    --
    Wildy

    WildStyle24_7 wrote:
    > t h a d wrote:
    >
    >>WildStyle24_7 wrote:
    >

    >>>Anyways, I still say that Bold is Ramon.
    >>>

    >>Well, we haven't seen either of them for a long time.
    >>

    > Well, exactly!
    >
    > /raises eyebrow significantly

    How do you raise one eyebrow like that?
    I always wanted to do that but whenever I try they both go up and I look
    like I'm *special*.
    I mean, even more *special* than I really am....

    --
    Thad

    WildStyle24_7 wrote:
    > Neil Jones wrote:
    >
    >>In article <MPG.1d6f1bda9b7067d098aa9a@news.individual.net>,
    >>WildStyle24_7 <wildstyle247@gmail.com> wrote:
    >>

    >>>"We wanted to blast the world free of history....
    >>
    >>Yay.. Fight Club!
    >

    >>From the book mind, that's highbrow...
    >

    >>Now all we need are some Matrix quotes, and you're
    >>well and truly back!
    >>

    > /shudder
    >
    > Don't make me post the rant again....

    IIRC, I posted for you last time.
    You were busy with 'portant stuff and couldn't be bothered....
    :-)

    Thad

    In article <MPG.1d6f1bda9b7067d098aa9a@news.individual.net>,
    WildStyle24_7 <wildstyle247@gmail.com> wrote:

    > "We wanted to blast the world free of history....

    Yay.. Fight Club! Now all we need are some Matrix quotes, and you're
    well and truly back!

    ___
    Neil
    aka HighVis

    In article <p0r7g1h65avflsq2enja5joeupd8k8qabu@4ax.com>, Cannon Fodder
    <gonfishn39@mindspring.com> wrote:

    > Nope, ya know I'm a fisherman and I has a Gofer on the line... Took
    > the bait hook, line and sinker...

    If it's just trolling, it's getting pretty unpleasant, Jack. I think
    the line "Next you'll be putting the Indians in line with the blacks
    whining for reparations..." goes way beyond friendly banter.

    I know, high horse, etc etc, but I'm with Thad on this one.

    ___
    Neil
    aka HighVis

    Neil Jones wrote:

    > If it's just trolling, it's getting pretty unpleasant, Jack. I think
    > the line "Next you'll be putting the Indians in line with the blacks
    > whining for reparations..." goes way beyond friendly banter.
    >
    > I know, high horse, etc etc, but I'm with Thad on this one.

    Good.
    Now let's discuss something trivial!

    Thad

Video Games