DBT-120 Bluetooth with SP2

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Have 2 DLink DBT-120 installed on 2 XP+SP2 computers, all found and installed
MS drivers, I am able to use it for transfer files but nothing else.
Question:
1) Can I use bluetooth device share internet connection?
2) Dlink CD has a voice transfer application but SP2 installed the device
including Bluetooth Radio but no application for that, can I download an
application for voice transfering somewhere?

Steve wrote:
> *Have 2 DLink DBT-120 installed on 2 XP+SP2 computers, all found and
> installed
> MS drivers, I am able to use it for transfer files but nothing else.
> Question:
> 1) Can I use bluetooth device share internet connection?
> 2) Dlink CD has a voice transfer application but SP2 installed the
> device
> including Bluetooth Radio but no application for that, can I download
> an
> application for voice transfering somewhere? *

I found this on another site and it worked for me:

searched with Google but didn't find anything. Finally, I found the
problem on the D-Link site at http://tinyurl.com/3sll9 . It turns out
that XP SP2 substitutes Microsoft bluetooth drivers for the D-Link
drivers. So, once you install the DBT-120 software under XP SP2, you
need to replace the Microsoft drivers with D-Link drivers. This process
is documented in "DBT-120 Installation into Windows XP SP2", available
at http://tinyurl.com/5lxdb

--
landay

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Changed SP2 driver into Dlink driver a week ago but having problem with PIN
code pairring, called Dlink so many times but their tech support is a waste
of time.

They are not knowledgable any more as they use to, people speak Indish that
is hard to understand, they don't have a good understanding of bluetooth
technology, i was told to contact Apple because I bought the device from
Officemax.

Officemax = Mac ?? I was even being told for RMA, what a joke? What a support.

anyway, I called their customer complain today. Thanks for the links, I read
them already.