Sony DV device not recognised

have just built new computer and purchased XP pro sp2. everything running
very well. Plug in my Sony camcorder which was working fine on my old PC
(windows xp home sp2) using firewire connection and nothing. windows does not
see the camera is there and puts nothing into device manage. Although when I
turn the camera off windows makes the bing bong noise as if a piece of
hardware has been disconnected. I've tried both the iEEE1394 connection off
of my new motherboard and from a PCI card that was previously working in my
old PC. Device manager shows no conflicts and shows both the card or
motherboard connection as working fine. Any ideas? I'm beginning to lose the
plot. Have seen plenty of people with similar problems on various forums but
not identical most seem to suggest rolling back to SP1 drivers but firstly I
don't have them and secondly Im sure the camera was working under SP2 on
windows home edition on the old PC. Have aslo disabled windows firewall on
the firewire connection. I would like to rule out the card and motherboard
but have no other firewire devices to check

"I would like to rule out the card and motherboard
but have no other firewire devices to check."
SJM999,
Try the camera on another firewire equipt computer that's running SP2.
As for rolling back the Firewire drivers to SP1, you can get those
files from a friends copy of XP SP1.
Best,
Treeman

--