I posted a question via reply to an old thread. Thought I'd better put
something fresh out there too! Here's the deal: new laptop (Toshiba),
windowsxp home, etc.. Have tried to hook up to two different LCD projectors,
same result: desktop background shows up, but that's it. No icons like on
laptop monitor and when I open something like PPoint on the laptop nada on
the screen from the projector. Have done what I think should be done via dual
monitors in windows display. Earlier post said go and change config in
graphics card, see help file for how, choose morroring, etc.. Problem: I
ain't savvy enough to know how to do that and, if that's the solution, then I
need a walk through. I've got a bunch of presentations coming up that I need
to give and sure need this laptop to work with the projector. Thanks. Ted

I have no idea either, but it appears you are looking for someone to read
manuals to you. If I were in your shoes I would start by locating manuals for
each piece of equipment; then read them.

You may learn how to flush the toilet here, but if you don't turn the water
on it ain't going to drain!

If you're in the middle of your presentation and something goes awry, I
doubt you'll have time to post a message here for help!

Boy scouts motto "be prepared"!

NOTEKY

"TMcNabb" wrote:

> I posted a question via reply to an old thread. Thought I'd better put
> something fresh out there too! Here's the deal: new laptop (Toshiba),
> windowsxp home, etc.. Have tried to hook up to two different LCD projectors,
> same result: desktop background shows up, but that's it. No icons like on
> laptop monitor and when I open something like PPoint on the laptop nada on
> the screen from the projector. Have done what I think should be done via dual
> monitors in windows display. Earlier post said go and change config in
> graphics card, see help file for how, choose morroring, etc.. Problem: I
> ain't savvy enough to know how to do that and, if that's the solution, then I
> need a walk through. I've got a bunch of presentations coming up that I need
> to give and sure need this laptop to work with the projector. Thanks. Ted

I have found that people in the know can with a few comments pinpoint and
direct in the midst of wha'ts often an overwhelming amount of technical data.
Actually, I made the discovery myself. Typed in my question to Google: How
to adjust graphics card. Got just enough of an answer to free me within the
computer knowledge I already possess. It was a simple matter of knowing where
to look in the "advanced" feature of display settings. That sent me to the
graphics card options and the rest was answered by a previoius thread on this
question I had already researched. It was there I found both the option of
turning on dual screen capability (mirrorring) or expanded screen (second
monitor actually serves as a visual expansion of your main monitor ...you can
drag stuff from one monitor to the next the way you'd drag something from one
side of a monitor screen to another). I just chose the feature I know I'll
need immediately but filed away the other for later presentation
experimentation. Another easy way to "get there" was to go to desktop, right
click on an open space, properties/settings (in display)/advanced and there
you are at the graphics card options and you can find the dual mode stuff in
the midst of all that.

"NOTEKY" wrote:

> I have no idea either, but it appears you are looking for someone to read
> manuals to you. If I were in your shoes I would start by locating manuals for
> each piece of equipment; then read them.
>
> You may learn how to flush the toilet here, but if you don't turn the water
> on it ain't going to drain!
>
> If you're in the middle of your presentation and something goes awry, I
> doubt you'll have time to post a message here for help!
>
> Boy scouts motto "be prepared"!
>
> NOTEKY
>
> "TMcNabb" wrote:
>
> > I posted a question via reply to an old thread. Thought I'd better put
> > something fresh out there too! Here's the deal: new laptop (Toshiba),
> > windowsxp home, etc.. Have tried to hook up to two different LCD projectors,
> > same result: desktop background shows up, but that's it. No icons like on
> > laptop monitor and when I open something like PPoint on the laptop nada on
> > the screen from the projector. Have done what I think should be done via dual
> > monitors in windows display. Earlier post said go and change config in
> > graphics card, see help file for how, choose morroring, etc.. Problem: I
> > ain't savvy enough to know how to do that and, if that's the solution, then I
> > need a walk through. I've got a bunch of presentations coming up that I need
> > to give and sure need this laptop to work with the projector. Thanks. Ted

EXCELLENT!

NOTEKY