Good mid range ultra compact point and shoot

I have a canon s100 elph. I like it alot it takes a good picture and all I
really need is 4 x 6 prints anyway. What I don't like about it is the
battery life and the delay between shots. What is the delay in between
shots exactly called so I can check it when comparing cameras? Is there any
pocket cameras that can take one shot after another quickly. I like the
canon sd300, pentax s5i, panasonic fx7, sony p100. thanks

Some have a burst mode that can store the pics in a temp high speed ram
memory before writing them to memory card, which is slower.

"Dukie" <jzurb@charter.net> wrote in message
> I have a canon s100 elph. I like it alot it takes a good picture and all
> really need is 4 x 6 prints anyway. What I don't like about it is the
> battery life and the delay between shots. What is the delay in between
> shots exactly called so I can check it when comparing cameras? Is there
any
> pocket cameras that can take one shot after another quickly. I like the
> canon sd300, pentax s5i, panasonic fx7, sony p100. thanks

A couple of comments:

1) This thread is from 2005. Do you really think anyone will care what you have posted 4 years later?

2) This comment could go in any thread you have posted in, but honestly, what the heck is with your cut and paste posting. If you have a response about a camera, that doesn't mean it should go in all 30 threads that even remotely relate to that camera or anything similar from the past ten years. You post it once and move on.

3) Your cut and pasted response isn't even relevant to this - a Rebel XSi, while small for a DSLR, is by no measure even CLOSE to an ultracompact point and shoot like the mentioned elph.

Basically, PLEASE stop spamming every thread you find with the identical response. While it is well thought out and useful once, maybe even twice in the correct threads, it is not even close to useful when repeated 30 times in 5 year old threads.