DVD drive not recognising dvds?

Hi

I have a Packard Bell Laptop (yes I know it's all my own fault!) with a
Matshita uj - 810 cd/dvd writer.

The drive does not recognise dvds anymore - was fine until the other day. It
will read cds and cd roms just ignores dvds.

Have followed the normal routes through help of updating windows and the
like but no joy. I have uninstalled the drive and rebooted - still no joy.....

Please help as I may have to start doing something at work now instead of
watching films all day!!! :(

Thanks for any help

Lachk

1. Open XP's "Help and Support Center"
2. Type DVD in the search box, hit enter.
3. Click on "DVD Troubleshooter".
4. You probably need a new DVD decoder or reinstall the one you had.

DVD Support in Windows XP
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/windowsxp/dvdplay.aspx

DVD Decoders for Windows XP
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/windowsxp/buypacks.aspx

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Lachk" wrote:

| Hi
|
| I have a Packard Bell Laptop (yes I know it's all my own fault!) with a
| Matshita uj - 810 cd/dvd writer.
|
| The drive does not recognise dvds anymore - was fine until the other day. It
| will read cds and cd roms just ignores dvds.
|
| Have followed the normal routes through help of updating windows and the
| like but no joy. I have uninstalled the drive and rebooted - still no joy.....
|
| Please help as I may have to start doing something at work now instead of
| watching films all day!!! :(
|
| Thanks for any help
|
| Lachk

TRENDING THREADS