how to improve the dvd/video quality

i captured a party using sony handyman dcr-hc20 camcorder . then used windows
movie maker 2 edit the movie, i burnt the video to a dvd using dvd -ram
burner(windvd/nero). when i play the movie in dvd player the video is
fuzzy/not sharp. however when i play the original digital video using the
camcorder on my tv(a/v connection).the video quality
is veryvery good.

1)how can i improve the dvd/video quality?
2)should i reduce my laptop screen resolution before i make the
movie/capture the movie to my laptop?
Note:captured the video using a firewire cable in dv-avi format. made the
movie in ntsc(higher resolution--720x480)/recomended(1 option). my video card
is ati with 128 memory. my laptop screen resolution is 1440x990.
2 answers Last reply
More about improve video quality

    Do a Google search for Video Enhancements

    "srid" <srid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >i captured a party using sony handyman dcr-hc20 camcorder . then used
    >windows
    > movie maker 2 edit the movie, i burnt the video to a dvd using dvd -ram
    > burner(windvd/nero). when i play the movie in dvd player the video is
    > fuzzy/not sharp. however when i play the original digital video using the
    > camcorder on my tv(a/v connection).the video quality
    > is veryvery good.
    >
    > 1)how can i improve the dvd/video quality?
    > 2)should i reduce my laptop screen resolution before i make the
    > movie/capture the movie to my laptop?
    > Note:captured the video using a firewire cable in dv-avi format. made the
    > movie in ntsc(higher resolution--720x480)/recomended(1 option). my video
    > card
    > is ati with 128 memory. my laptop screen resolution is 1440x990.

    Once you've captured the movie via firewire in DV-AVI format, ensure you
    save it in DV-AVI format. Then use Nero to burn that DV-AVI file to the
    DVD.
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "srid" <srid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >i captured a party using sony handyman dcr-hc20 camcorder . then used
    >windows
    > movie maker 2 edit the movie, i burnt the video to a dvd using dvd -ram
    > burner(windvd/nero). when i play the movie in dvd player the video is
    > fuzzy/not sharp. however when i play the original digital video using the
    > camcorder on my tv(a/v connection).the video quality
    > is veryvery good.
    >
    > 1)how can i improve the dvd/video quality?
    > 2)should i reduce my laptop screen resolution before i make the
    > movie/capture the movie to my laptop?
    > Note:captured the video using a firewire cable in dv-avi format. made the
    > movie in ntsc(higher resolution--720x480)/recomended(1 option). my video
    > card
    > is ati with 128 memory. my laptop screen resolution is 1440x990.

Video Movies DVD Windows XP