how to improve the dvd/video quality

September 26, 2005 8:46:03 AM

i captured a party using sony handyman dcr-hc20 camcorder . then used windows
movie maker 2 edit the movie, i burnt the video to a dvd using dvd -ram
burner(windvd/nero). when i play the movie in dvd player the video is
fuzzy/not sharp. however when i play the original digital video using the
camcorder on my tv(a/v connection).the video quality
is veryvery good.

1)how can i improve the dvd/video quality?
2)should i reduce my laptop screen resolution before i make the
movie/capture the movie to my laptop?
Note:captured the video using a firewire cable in dv-avi format. made the
movie in ntsc(higher resolution--720x480)/recomended(1 option). my video card
is ati with 128 memory. my laptop screen resolution is 1440x990.
September 26, 2005 6:09:48 PM

Do a Google search for Video Enhancements

"srid" <srid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D E3515B5-8EA1-4D19-9E5D-32FF0BE54164@microsoft.com...
>i captured a party using sony handyman dcr-hc20 camcorder . then used
>windows
> movie maker 2 edit the movie, i burnt the video to a dvd using dvd -ram
> burner(windvd/nero). when i play the movie in dvd player the video is
> fuzzy/not sharp. however when i play the original digital video using the
> camcorder on my tv(a/v connection).the video quality
> is veryvery good.
>
> 1)how can i improve the dvd/video quality?
> 2)should i reduce my laptop screen resolution before i make the
> movie/capture the movie to my laptop?
> Note:captured the video using a firewire cable in dv-avi format. made the
> movie in ntsc(higher resolution--720x480)/recomended(1 option). my video
> card
> is ati with 128 memory. my laptop screen resolution is 1440x990.

Anonymous
September 26, 2005 7:30:44 PM

Once you've captured the movie via firewire in DV-AVI format, ensure you
save it in DV-AVI format. Then use Nero to burn that DV-AVI file to the
DVD.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging