TRouble getting webcam to woek

can someone help me with a problem I am having with getting my webcam to
work with XP SP2? It will run for about 2 seconds before freezing up. It
even freezes up with the manufacturer's software. since this wasn't an issue
with SP1, I have to assume it an issue with SP2, and thus far not much help
from Microsoft.

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about trouble webcam woek

    MS can't possibly provide solutions to problems encountered with every piece
    of 3rd party hardware connected to a PC. It is up to the manufacturer of the
    hardware to provide solutions, not Microsoft.

    I would search the Manufacturers website for a solution (driver update) and
    if no solution is found there I would try "updating the driver" using "Device
    Manager" inserting the CD that came with "cam" when prompted for the driver
    location.

    Good luck.

    NOTEKY

    "John Riggs" wrote:

    > can someone help me with a problem I am having with getting my webcam to
    > work with XP SP2? It will run for about 2 seconds before freezing up. It
    > even freezes up with the manufacturer's software. since this wasn't an issue
    > with SP1, I have to assume it an issue with SP2, and thus far not much help
    > from Microsoft.
    >

    > Thanks

Video Webcams Microsoft Windows XP