3ccd cameras

are they a lot better, I see Panasonic have a few models out with a leica
lens.
thanks
Rob.

"Your-Nice" <Your-Nice@ntlworld.com> a écrit dans le message news:
r_TPc.1232$qU2.799@newsfe5-gui.ntli.net...
> are they a lot better, I see Panasonic have a few models out with a leica
> lens.
> thanks
> Rob.
>
> Yes they are better. Just tested the Panasonic NV-GS200 great ! (almost
as good as the old Sony 900 Or Pana MX300), and cheap ! IMHO a best buy
actually

might have to treat myself then, thanks

"Jacques Ciana" <jciana@pasdespambluewin.ch> wrote in message

> "Your-Nice" <Your-Nice@ntlworld.com> a écrit dans le message news:
> r_TPc.1232$qU2.799@newsfe5-gui.ntli.net...
> > are they a lot better, I see Panasonic have a few models out with a
leica
> > lens.
> > thanks
> > Rob.
> >
> > Yes they are better. Just tested the Panasonic NV-GS200 great ! (almost
> as good as the old Sony 900 Or Pana MX300), and cheap ! IMHO a best buy
> actually

Don't kid yourself, the GS200 is nowhere near a TRV900 in quality.

Note that the Panasonic DV953 (a 3-CCD model up from the GS200) was rated
mid-pack by Consumer Reports in 11/03 with a lot of 1-CCD cameras, including
Panasonic models above it, including a $500 list Sony Digital8 camera..

Not to say it is a bad camera, just unexceptional at its price.

- GRL

"Jacques Ciana" <jciana@pasdespambluewin.ch> wrote in message

> "Your-Nice" <Your-Nice@ntlworld.com> a écrit dans le message news:
> r_TPc.1232$qU2.799@newsfe5-gui.ntli.net...
> > are they a lot better, I see Panasonic have a few models out with a
leica
> > lens.
> > thanks
> > Rob.
> >
> > Yes they are better. Just tested the Panasonic NV-GS200 great ! (almost
> as good as the old Sony 900 Or Pana MX300), and cheap ! IMHO a best buy
> actually

Hi

Check out my reviews of 3 CCD cameras here:
http://www.desktop-video-guide.com/top-10-digital-camcorders-under600-review.html

Best Regards
Gary Hendricks
www.desktop-video-guide.com

"Gary Hendricks" <gary_hendricks@digital-music-guide.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Check out my reviews of 3 CCD cameras here:

http://www.desktop-video-guide.com/top-10-digital-camcorders-under600-review.html

> Best Regards
> Gary Hendricks
> www.desktop-video-guide.com

How can you recommend the TRV-950 without mentioning it's abysmal low light
performance? I also don't understand how a 4.2-84mm zoom results in "better
quality video" on the GL2. I think it's great that you've gathered together
most of the 3-CCD models on the market on one page, but I think your
1-paragraph reviews are not quite on the mark.