Something happened so I could not import or open files with pinnacle. I
downloaded trex & tried to convert a file & now I can open .avi files with
WMM. I was under the impression WMM did not do .avi. I can even import now
into WMM but Pinnacle still does not work so I still cannot burn to DVD. Any
info on WMM & .avi. Thanks

AVI files will happily work in WMM IF (and only if) you have the correct
codecs installed.

I'd uninstall and reinstall Pinnacle and see if that improves the
situation..
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging