wireless networking usb flash drive

Since downloading service pack 2 I've been trying to work out how to
establish a small home network of 2 pcs & 2 printers.

My plan is to buy a USB flash drive. I am bewildered by the different
specifications. Please can anyone recommend a decent one? I have just come
back from an afternoon staring at the small print on packets in computer
stores!

Thank You.

Mary

Don't know how a usb flash drive relates to a home network, but basic home
network setup can be found here: www.practicallynetworked.com as well as many
other good sites. What you need is a router & network cards to connect your
computers to your broadband Internet Service Provider.

"Carol Mills" wrote:

> Since downloading service pack 2 I've been trying to work out how to
> establish a small home network of 2 pcs & 2 printers.
>
> My plan is to buy a USB flash drive. I am bewildered by the different
> specifications. Please can anyone recommend a decent one? I have just come
> back from an afternoon staring at the small print on packets in computer
> stores!
>
> Thank You.

All flash dives that work with built-in XP driver, should work with the Smart Network Key wizard.
Of course not flash drives are created equal - some are less equal (read: compatible) than others.

--PA

"Carol Mills" <CarolMills@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5A8FEE2-3644-4709-A59A-CEADFDBCA728@microsoft.com...
> Since downloading service pack 2 I've been trying to work out how to
> establish a small home network of 2 pcs & 2 printers.
>
> My plan is to buy a USB flash drive. I am bewildered by the different
> specifications. Please can anyone recommend a decent one? I have just come
> back from an afternoon staring at the small print on packets in computer
> stores!
>
> Thank You.

Andrew

I have a wireless network. I bought a Linksys Network stroage link - nslu2
with plugs into the router and a maxtor one touch usb harddrive w/120gig.
Everything works great except in very small print they tell you the one touch
back up doesn't work when hooked up to a network.