Can't play any .AVI file in XP after update

Has any one here had this problem before? I updated my Windows XP computer
from windows update and now I can't seem to play any avi files on my
computer. I didn't even update to media player 9, because I never use media
player. The computer won't even play clock.avi the is found on the OS, I
also can't play any divx files. None of my other video players will work.

Any one else has this problem?
1 answer Last reply
More about play file update

    "Meatwad" <hn195@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Has any one here had this problem before? I updated my Windows XP computer
    > from windows update and now I can't seem to play any avi files on my
    > computer. I didn't even update to media player 9, because I never use
    media
    > player. The computer won't even play clock.avi the is found on the OS, I
    > also can't play any divx files. None of my other video players will work.
    >
    > Any one else has this problem?

    Ok I solved the the problem, thank google.
    It's seems that it was a video player called Viplay that I use.
    All I had to do was delete a filter in the viplay filters directory called
    avisplitter.ax and to re-register quartz.dll

    regsvr32.exe c:\windows\system32\quartz.dll

    Now everything works again.

    I guess it's time to move on to a new media player, one the doesn't F my
    system up.

Tuner Cards Video AVI Windows XP Graphics