Can't play any .AVI file in XP after update

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
August 4, 2004 9:17:04 AM

Has any one here had this problem before? I updated my Windows XP computer
from windows update and now I can't seem to play any avi files on my
computer. I didn't even update to media player 9, because I never use media
player. The computer won't even play clock.avi the is found on the OS, I
also can't play any divx files. None of my other video players will work.

Any one else has this problem?

More about : play avi file update

August 4, 2004 9:37:21 AM

"Meatwad" <hn195@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Has any one here had this problem before? I updated my Windows XP computer
> from windows update and now I can't seem to play any avi files on my
> computer. I didn't even update to media player 9, because I never use
media
> player. The computer won't even play clock.avi the is found on the OS, I
> also can't play any divx files. None of my other video players will work.
>
> Any one else has this problem?

Ok I solved the the problem, thank google.
It's seems that it was a video player called Viplay that I use.
All I had to do was delete a filter in the viplay filters directory called
avisplitter.ax and to re-register quartz.dll

regsvr32.exe c:\windows\system32\quartz.dll

Now everything works again.

I guess it's time to move on to a new media player, one the doesn't F my
system up.
!