Downloading multipart movie files from Newsgroups

I would appreciate it if someone would explain the procedure for downloading
multi-part movie files (wmv and the like) from Newsgroups so that I can look
at them in Windows Media Player or some other software. I have download a
test file but when I tried to open it in Windows Media Player I got a
message telling me that the file is missing some information.

I am now assuming that I have to download the whole series of parts (how do
you know which is the first and last?) but I do not have clue how this all
works or what to do with them when I have downloaded them.

I have the usual Outlook Express but no other newsreader

A dummies guide would be much appreciated :)

best regards,

Zurfer

rehan

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2004

This is wrong newsgroup to ask it. You may get better response in Outlook
Express's own group.

However basically you select all the posts in the lists containing different
parts and then select from the main menu: Message -> Combine & Decode. OE
itself sorts out the order.

--
Rehan
MS MVP -- Digital Media