Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.config (More info?)

Is there any groups to discuss the cars? I love them, but I can't
find any groups.

schrodinger

"Carsfan" <carsfan@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Is there any groups to discuss the cars? I love them, but I can't
> find any groups.

He's a troll foldy roll. Counting hits in alt.config for some reason (x
post removed from this reply)

carsfan@gmail.com
carsfan@gmail.com
carsfan@gmail.com

On Wednesday 17 August 2005, Carsfan wrote in alt.config:

> Is there any groups to discuss the cars? I love them, but I can't
> find any groups.

alt.music.thecars

If it isn't available from your provider, ask for it.

PJR :)
--
alt.usenet.kooks award-winners and FAQ:
http://www.insurgent.org/~kook-faq/

[To reply by email, remove "NOSPAM".]

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"PJR" <pjr@NOSPAMkookbusters.org> wrote in message news:slrndg7dfj.6qo.pjr@nntp.petitmorte.net...
> On Wednesday 17 August 2005, Carsfan wrote in alt.config:
>
>> Is there any groups to discuss the cars? I love them, but I can't
>> find any groups.
>
> alt.music.thecars
>
> If it isn't available from your provider, ask for it.

Hey, he's right you know. Thanks!

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Peter [AGHL]" <peter.aghl@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Nick wrote:
>>
>> Hey, was the Morgan Freeman gag deliberate?
>
> Yep :)
>
> It's a damn nice car though
> http://www.morgan-motor.co.uk/splashtwo.html
>
> - Peter

Hehehe, very clever... yeah, quite nice cars, although I've been brought up to look slightly
askance at them as my dad has always been into cars that look that old but also are actually that
old. He has a 1933 Riley Monaco you see...

> >> Is there any groups to discuss the cars? I love them, but I can't
> >> find any groups.

> > He's a troll foldy roll....

> Strange. Wouldn't have thought the topic of his post would generate much
> traffic for him...

Oh dear. Was that pun intentional? ;-)

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"G Hardy" <gareth.hardy1@ntlwrold.com> wrote in message

>> > He's a troll foldy roll....
>
>> Strange. Wouldn't have thought the topic of his post would generate much
>> traffic for him...
>
> Oh dear. Was that pun intentional? ;-)

Ouch! I missed that one... phew.

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.config (More info?)

Message i.d.:<news:uac7g1ls9sl95nbvmqn4oqhm12erop0l73@4ax.com>,
by author Carsfan aka <carsfan@gmail.com> inspired me,
> Is there any groups to discuss the cars? I love them, but I can't
> find any groups.

alt.autos.citroen
--
d:Johan; Certifiable me
http://www.aacity.net

Sponsored Message at http://shorterlink.com/?R95GLQ

shawk

"G Hardy" <gareth.hardy1@ntlwrold.com> wrote in message

>> > He's a troll foldy roll....
>
>> Strange. Wouldn't have thought the topic of his post would generate much
>> traffic for him...
>
> Oh dear. Was that pun intentional? ;-)

LOL, wish I could say it was...

2Rowdy wrote:
> Message i.d.:<news:uac7g1ls9sl95nbvmqn4oqhm12erop0l73@4ax.com>,
> by author Carsfan aka <carsfan@gmail.com> inspired me,
>> Is there any groups to discuss the cars? I love them, but I can't
>> find any groups.
>
> alt.autos.citroen

alt.autos.classic-trucks
--
ah fait loucher un bon oeil

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.config (More info?)

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 18:43:37 +0200, "2Rowdy" <harry131313@gmail.com>
scribbled:

>Message i.d.:<news:uac7g1ls9sl95nbvmqn4oqhm12erop0l73@4ax.com>,
>by author Carsfan aka <carsfan@gmail.com> inspired me,
>> Is there any groups to discuss the cars? I love them, but I can't
>> find any groups.
>
>alt.autos.citroen

Bah, now THIS is a car... you could make five Citroens just from it's
engine block...

http://www.roadgems.com/images/02photos/Jensen-68Toro_L.jpg

--
Want to propose a newsgroup? Browse these links for help:
http://www.faqs.org/usenet/alt/
http://www.gweep.ca/~edmonds/usenet/good-newgroup.html
http://nylon.net/alt/newgroup.htm
For information on moderating a newsgroup:
http://www.swcp.com/~dmckeon/mod-faq.html
http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/faqs/mod-pitfalls.html
http://www.landfield.com/moderators/
Tale discusses control messages:
ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/CONFIG/README
For proposals that belong in the UK hierarchy:
http://www.usenet.org.uk/
To locate a newsgroup control message:
/[group.name].gz]ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/control/[hierarchy]/[group.name].gz
Open with WinZip.
Newsgroup Propagation Search:
http://usenet.klaas.ca/groupsearch/

"Shawk" wrote

> LOL, wish I could say it was...
Just say yes - I usually do that
You know your brain is more clever than your self

Hehe

- Peter

"Nick" wrote

> Hehehe, very clever... yeah, quite nice cars, although I've been brought
> up to look slightly askance at them as my dad has always been into cars
> that look that old but also are actually that old. He has a 1933 Riley
> Monaco you see...
A Woodie? :)

What about a Ford A
http://www.fordaklub.dk/album36.html

I have always been into Morgans as each car is handcrafted individually
according to the customers specs

- Peter

Peter [AGHL] wrote:
> Nick wrote:
>>
>> Eh? What is that car? It says Jensen in there, but... confused.
>
> 1968 Oldsmobile Toronado
>
> Use Google Image Search - and - tada:
> http://www.roadgems.com/02photos-p2.htm

Gotta love that '65 Olds 98!

--
dvus

> "Nick" wrote
>
>> Hehehe, very clever... yeah, quite nice cars, although I've been brought up
>> to look slightly askance at them as my dad has always been into cars that
>> look that old but also are actually that old. He has a 1933 Riley Monaco you
>> see...
> A Woodie? :)

A what? You've lost me there mate...

> What about a Ford A
> http://www.fordaklub.dk/album36.html

Hey, that looks cool - reminds me of the chase in "Brother Where Art Thou?"
(cracking film)

> I have always been into Morgans as each car is handcrafted individually
> according to the customers specs

Well, yes, that does sound rather good! And I'd not say no if I were offered
one... ;o)

> "Shawk" wrote
>>
>> LOL, wish I could say it was...
> Just say yes - I usually do that
> You know your brain is more clever than your self
>
> Hehe

Hey! That's a good one... I'll try to get my brain to remember that for me...

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"-= Hawk =-" <hawk@Spam-Me-Not.cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 18:43:37 +0200, "2Rowdy" <harry131313@gmail.com>
> scribbled:
>
>>Message i.d.:<news:uac7g1ls9sl95nbvmqn4oqhm12erop0l73@4ax.com>,
>>by author Carsfan aka <carsfan@gmail.com> inspired me,
>>> Is there any groups to discuss the cars? I love them, but I can't
>>> find any groups.
>>
>>alt.autos.citroen
>
> Bah, now THIS is a car... you could make five Citroens just from it's
> engine block...
>
> http://www.roadgems.com/images/02photos/Jensen-68Toro_L.jpg

Eh? What is that car? It says Jensen in there, but... confused.

shawk

"Carsfan" <carsfan@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Is there any groups to discuss the cars? I love them, but I can't
> find any groups.

shawk

"Peter [AGHL]" <peter.aghl@gmail.com> wrote in message
> "Shawk" wrote
>>
>> LOL, wish I could say it was...
> Just say yes - I usually do that
> You know your brain is more clever than your self
>
> Hehe
>
> - Peter

Ok... so subconciously it was intentional? Works for me...

-= Hawk =- wrote:
> "2Rowdy"scribbled:
> >by author Carsfan aka <carsfan@gmail.com> inspired me,

> >> Is there any groups to discuss the cars? I love them, but I can't
> >> find any groups.
> >
> >alt.autos.citroen
>
> Bah, now THIS is a car... you could make five Citroens just from it's
> engine block...
>
> http://www.roadgems.com/images/02photos/Jensen-68Toro_L.jpg

A Toronado? What's that, like 400 hp with a frikkin 3 speed automatic?
What a plodder.
Hell, my VW beats that- 550 hp, 18 cylinders made by combining 3
6-cylinder motors, 4 wheel drive, 380km/hr top speed...

http://www.autoreview.ru/novinki/num219/bugatti.htm

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,alt.config (More info?)

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 12:53:38 +0900, tm <tm@tmoero.invalid> scribbled:

>-= Hawk =- wrote:
>> "2Rowdy"scribbled:
>> >by author Carsfan aka <carsfan@gmail.com> inspired me,

>> >alt.autos.citroen
>>
>> Bah, now THIS is a car... you could make five Citroens just from it's
>> engine block...
>>
>> http://www.roadgems.com/images/02photos/Jensen-68Toro_L.jpg
>
>A Toronado? What's that, like 400 hp with a frikkin 3 speed automatic?

And 500 pounds of torque...

>What a plodder.

Never said they were race cars... though they did win the Pike's Peak
hill climb a few times.

>Hell, my VW beats that- 550 hp, 18 cylinders made by combining 3
>6-cylinder motors, 4 wheel drive, 380km/hr top speed...

And your VW wouldn't survive a run in with a sparrow :)

>http://www.autoreview.ru/novinki/num219/bugatti.htm

Sweet, but I'd still take the 68 Toro.

--

-= Hawk =- wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 12:53:38 +0900, tm <tm@tmoero.invalid> scribbled:
>> -= Hawk =- wrote:
>>> "2Rowdy"scribbled:

>>> Bah, now THIS is a car... you could make five Citroens just from
>>> it's engine block...
>>>
>>> http://www.roadgems.com/images/02photos/Jensen-68Toro_L.jpg
>>
>> A Toronado? What's that, like 400 hp with a frikkin 3 speed
>> automatic?
>
> And 500 pounds of torque...
>
>> What a plodder.
>
> Never said they were race cars... though they did win the Pike's Peak
> hill climb a few times.
>
>> Hell, my VW beats that- 550 hp, 18 cylinders made by combining 3
>> 6-cylinder motors, 4 wheel drive, 380km/hr top speed...
>
> And your VW wouldn't survive a run in with a sparrow :)
>
>> http://www.autoreview.ru/novinki/num219/bugatti.htm
>
> Sweet, but I'd still take the 68 Toro.

I especially liked some of the later models that were a little bigger. You
felt like you had something around you when you drove those.

--
dvus