Pioneer DVR-105 - Not Recognizing DVDs

Archived from groups: alt.video.dvd.tech,alt.video.dvd,rec.video.desktop,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.video.dvdr (More info?)

Hey guys,

Hoping someone can help me. I've had a Pioneer DVR-105 DVD burner for
six months or so now, and its worked fantastically well up to this
point.

But out of the blue, yesterday, it failed to recognise anything I put
in it. Custom made DVDs, commerical dvds, cds, nothing. Device Manager
and My Computer both have it as being there, but nothing pops up (I
use WinXP Pro) when a disc is inserted, and no disc is found when I
click on the drive.

I've noticed recently, actually, that if I'm burning something (I use
Nero) that I had this problem (temporarily) when I put a blank disc in
and then ask the program to burn before the blank DVD is recognised.
After that, it doesn't recognise anything unless I reboot.

Now it never recognises anything. I've tried uninstalling it, and
letting XP find it again. Still nothing. Tried seeing if there is a
firmware update or driver update, nothing.

The only thing, slightly out of routine I've done, before this
happened, was run a Spyware Blaster program to kill all my spyware. I
can't imagine this has anything to do with it.

Incidentally, my CD burner works just fine. What can I do? I haven't
done anything crazy like "flash" my drive.

Please advise. Hopefully this may be a common problem.

Joel.
4 answers Last reply
More about pioneer recognizing dvds
  1. Archived from groups: alt.video.dvd.tech,alt.video.dvd,rec.video.desktop,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.video.dvdr (More info?)

    CrazyVamp wrote:
    > Hey guys,
    >
    > Hoping someone can help me. I've had a Pioneer DVR-105 DVD burner for
    > six months or so now, and its worked fantastically well up to this
    > point.
    >
    > But out of the blue, yesterday, it failed to recognise anything I put
    > in it. Custom made DVDs, commerical dvds, cds, nothing. Device Manager
    > and My Computer both have it as being there, but nothing pops up (I
    > use WinXP Pro) when a disc is inserted, and no disc is found when I
    > click on the drive.

    Happened with my Optorite DD0203 a week or two ago.
    Sent it back for an RMA replacement.

    Since yours is under a year old, I'd think that you could do the same.

    -WD
  2. Archived from groups: alt.video.dvd.tech,alt.video.dvd,rec.video.desktop,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.video.dvdr (More info?)

    I have just had the same problem with my DVR 106 - I sent it back to
    Pioneer and they sent me back a DVR 107 in exchange - terrific service.

    David

    --
    If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?
  3. Archived from groups: alt.video.dvd.tech,alt.video.dvd,rec.video.desktop,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.video.dvdr (More info?)

    "quietguy" <david1133@REMOVE-TO-REPLYoptusnet.com.au> wrote in message
    > I have just had the same problem with my DVR 106 - I sent it back to
    > Pioneer and they sent me back a DVR 107 in exchange - terrific service.
    >
    > David

    have you got an address or contact number for pioneer returns?
    my 106 has been playing up recently and a 107 as a replacement would be
    great!
  4. Archived from groups: alt.video.dvd.tech,alt.video.dvd,rec.video.desktop,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.video.dvdr (More info?)

    No problem

    Pioneer Australia Head Office
    Pioneer Electronics Australia Pty Ltd 178-184 Boundary Road
    Braeside VIC 3195
    Postal Address
    PO Box 295
    Mordialloc VIC 3195
    Telephone Contacts
    Head Office: +61 3 9586 6300
    Head Office Facsimile: +61 3 9587 1495
    Sales Home Entertainment & Pro DJ Products: 1800 060 852
    Sales Car Entertainment: 1800 060 853
    Sales Commercial Products & Computer Peripherals: 1300 666 383
    Sales Facsimile: 1800 060 862
    Pioneer Australia Service & Spare Parts
    Pioneer Electronics Australia Pty Ltd 2211 Princess HWY
    Mulgrave VIC 3170
    Telephone Contacts
    Spare Parts: 03 9586 6370 or
    Toll Free: 1800 331 763
    Service: 03 9586 6380 or
    Toll Free: 1800 988 268

    --
    If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?

Tuner Cards DVD Video Graphics