Problems loading Twain Driver for Canon Camera

I recently purchased a Canon G6 digital camera. I loaded the software which
appeared to install correctly. Rebooted the computer and then connected the
camera. This should then have completed the installation of the Twain
driver, but it failed before completion with the words 'Upgrading Device
Driver wizard. An Error Occurred during the Installation. Access Denied'.

This final statement bothers me. What does it mean? Is there a problem with
my machine, or perhaps a conflict with other software? I have not had any
problems of this nature before when loading software.

I have an older Canon G3 camera loaded onto the same machine, but obviously
don't have it connected to my PC at the same time. This camera then fails to
connect using the Canon 'Zoom Browser' software, after the failed
installation of the G6.

I have tried just about every sequence of software installation to overcome
this problem, but without success so far. Getting desperate!

Can anyone help please?

V.G.
4 answers Last reply
More about problems loading twain driver canon camera

    What OS you running??
    XP has the twain drivers for the G6 as native and recognizes the camera
    without having to install the software. I only installed the S/W to get
    to the
    auto stitch and RAW processing.

    I just got the G6 with the lens adapter, x2 zoom lens, 3 filter set and
    an extra 511A battery.

    --
    Ric Seyler

    --------------------------------------
    "Homer no function beer well without."
    - H.J. Simpson

    On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 18:05:01 +0000 (UTC), "VG" wrote:

    >I recently purchased a Canon G6 digital camera. I loaded the software which
    >appeared to install correctly. Rebooted the computer and then connected the
    >camera. This should then have completed the installation of the Twain
    >driver, but it failed before completion with the words 'Upgrading Device
    >Driver wizard. An Error Occurred during the Installation. Access Denied'.
    >
    >This final statement bothers me. What does it mean? Is there a problem with
    >my machine, or perhaps a conflict with other software? I have not had any
    >problems of this nature before when loading software.
    >
    >I have an older Canon G3 camera loaded onto the same machine, but obviously
    >don't have it connected to my PC at the same time. This camera then fails to
    >connect using the Canon 'Zoom Browser' software, after the failed
    >installation of the G6.
    >
    >I have tried just about every sequence of software installation to overcome
    >this problem, but without success so far. Getting desperate!

    You did remove the old driver first? You have tried the latest
    drivers from powershot.com for you G6? You have adminitrative rights
    on your computer (under Windows 2000/XP)? If you use XP you should
    install the WIA driver:

    WIA Driver 6.3.0 for Windows XP and Windows Me,
    TWAIN Driver 6.5.0 for Windows 98 SE/Windows 2000

    Thanks Ric for your comments.

    I am using Win2000.
    I thought I had the problem solved at my latest attempt, and Device Manager
    shows camera as 'Canon Camera' ( no mention of the model number 'G6').
    On connecting the camera, the 'Event' window opens but does not mention the
    Zoom Browser. I can't even locate the camera when I open Zoom Browser
    manually.
    I think I have installed the wrong driver it shows as Version 6.3 (it should
    be 6.5)
    As I stated earlier, my G3 is still working, but access to the Zoom Browser
    is missing - i.e. same as with G6
    Back to square one

    V.G.

    "RicSeyler" <ricseyler@SPAMgulf.net> wrote in message
    > What OS you running??
    > XP has the twain drivers for the G6 as native and recognizes the camera
    > without having to install the software. I only installed the S/W to get
    > to the
    > auto stitch and RAW processing.
    >
    > I just got the G6 with the lens adapter, x2 zoom lens, 3 filter set and
    > an extra 511A battery.
    >
    > VG wrote:
    >
    > >I recently purchased a Canon G6 digital camera. I loaded the software
    which
    > >appeared to install correctly. Rebooted the computer and then connected
    the
    > >camera. This should then have completed the installation of the Twain
    > >driver, but it failed before completion with the words 'Upgrading Device
    > >Driver wizard. An Error Occurred during the Installation. Access Denied'.
    > >

    > >This final statement bothers me. What does it mean? Is there a problem
    with
    > >my machine, or perhaps a conflict with other software? I have not had any
    > >problems of this nature before when loading software.
    > >

    > >I have an older Canon G3 camera loaded onto the same machine, but
    obviously
    > >don't have it connected to my PC at the same time. This camera then fails
    > >connect using the Canon 'Zoom Browser' software, after the failed
    > >installation of the G6.
    > >

    > >I have tried just about every sequence of software installation to
    overcome
    > >this problem, but without success so far. Getting desperate!
    > >

    > >Can anyone help please?
    > >

    > >V.G.
    > >

    > --
    > Ric Seyler
    >
    > --------------------------------------
    > "Homer no function beer well without."
    > - H.J. Simpson

    Are you logged on as administrator?
    To install software in Windows 2000 and Windows XP you must be
    administrator.
    --
    CSM1
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com
    "VG" <vivanonym.gridley@btinternet.com> wrote in message

    > Thanks Ric for your comments.
    >
    > I am using Win2000.
    > I thought I had the problem solved at my latest attempt, and Device
    Manager
    > shows camera as 'Canon Camera' ( no mention of the model number 'G6').
    > On connecting the camera, the 'Event' window opens but does not mention
    the
    > Zoom Browser. I can't even locate the camera when I open Zoom Browser
    > manually.
    > I think I have installed the wrong driver it shows as Version 6.3 (it
    should
    > be 6.5)
    > As I stated earlier, my G3 is still working, but access to the Zoom
    Browser
    > is missing - i.e. same as with G6
    > Back to square one
    >
    > V.G.
    >
    > "RicSeyler" <ricseyler@SPAMgulf.net> wrote in message
    > > What OS you running??
    > > XP has the twain drivers for the G6 as native and recognizes the camera
    > > without having to install the software. I only installed the S/W to get
    > > to the
    > > auto stitch and RAW processing.
    > >
    > > I just got the G6 with the lens adapter, x2 zoom lens, 3 filter set and
    > > an extra 511A battery.
    > >
    > > VG wrote:
    > >
    > > >I recently purchased a Canon G6 digital camera. I loaded the software
    > which
    > > >appeared to install correctly. Rebooted the computer and then connected
    > the
    > > >camera. This should then have completed the installation of the Twain
    > > >driver, but it failed before completion with the words 'Upgrading
    Device
    > > >Driver wizard. An Error Occurred during the Installation. Access
    Denied'.

    > > >This final statement bothers me. What does it mean? Is there a problem
    > with
    > > >my machine, or perhaps a conflict with other software? I have not had
    any
    > > >problems of this nature before when loading software.
    > > >

    > > >I have an older Canon G3 camera loaded onto the same machine, but
    > obviously
    > > >don't have it connected to my PC at the same time. This camera then
    fails
    > > >connect using the Canon 'Zoom Browser' software, after the failed
    > > >installation of the G6.
    > > >

    > > >I have tried just about every sequence of software installation to
    > overcome
    > > >this problem, but without success so far. Getting desperate!
    > > >

    > > >Can anyone help please?
    > > >

    > > >V.G.
    > > >

    > > --
    > > Ric Seyler