WMM - to burn DVD?

Lilly wrote:
> Can I use Windows Movie Maker to burn a DVD?
>
> - Lilly
> www.jimabbott.info

Sorry but no. WMM can create the finished DV-AVI but you'll need another
program to convert this to the necessary MPEG-2 format files required for a
DVD. Take a look at DVD Lab from www.mediachance.com

Mike

> Can I use Windows Movie Maker to burn a DVD?

No. See
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/moviemaker/learnmore/dvdburn.mspx

Anyways, export the video to DV AVI file on the HD, then burn to DVD
with any program that'll convert the DV AVI file -- here, you've got
lots of choices, from Roxio Easy CD, Ahead Nero, Sonic MyDVD, NeoDVD,
Ulead DVD Workshop, etc. etc.

Usually, if you buy a DVD recorder, one of the above software will come
with it -- eg. Sonic MyDVD or Ahead Nero oftentimes, so you can simply
use that.