don't display background with remote desktop

Pablo

So... what part of 'don't display background' am I misunderstanding. I have
my xp pro system set up. I log in with Remote Desktop Connection and in the
'experience' tab, I've DESELECTED display background. Yet, on ONE account
on my xp box, it still shows the background. On the other account, it
blocks the background. Both accounts are admin priv. level. What's going
on?

Paul

--
Paul C. Oss
Manager Programming/Technology

message.

You can disable the desktop
wallpaper for all clients using a Group Policy. On the host, run 'gpedit.msc' from the command line
and look at "Local Computer Policy -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Terminal
Services" for the policy to "Enforce Removal of Remote Desktop Wallpaper"....

Pablo

Hmm, I don't have that option under mine. Under Terminal Services I've got
a folder called sessions which doesn't contain that option, and 'Start
program connection' and remote control settings'. Again, I'm using XP pro
as my server, not terminal services native.

Paul

"Sooner Al" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> You can disable the desktop
> wallpaper for all clients using a Group Policy. On the host, run
'gpedit.msc' from the command line
> and look at "Local Computer Policy -> Administrative Templates -> Windows
Components -> Terminal
> Services" for the policy to "Enforce Removal of Remote Desktop
Wallpaper"....

Are you running gpedit on the XP Pro PC you trying to connect to as an Administrator? This has to be executed on the XP Pro PC your trying to connect to, not the PC your connecting from...

----- Pablo wrote: -----

Hmm, I don't have that option under mine. Under Terminal Services I've got
a folder called sessions which doesn't contain that option, and 'Start
program connection' and remote control settings'. Again, I'm using XP pro
as my server, not terminal services native.

Paul

"Sooner Al" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> You can disable the desktop
> wallpaper for all clients using a Group Policy. On the host, run
'gpedit.msc' from the command line
> and look at "Local Computer Policy -> Administrative Templates -> Windows
Components -> Terminal
> Services" for the policy to "Enforce Removal of Remote Desktop
Wallpaper"....

Pablo

Yeah, I am. However, my apologies, I jumped to User config, not Computer
configuration. I found what you're talking about. Question, though. Why
should I have to do this when the client piece very clearly has the option
to not bring over desktop background. Is this just something for looks?

> Are you running gpedit on the XP Pro PC you trying to connect to as an
Administrator? This has to be executed on the XP Pro PC your trying to
connect to, not the PC your connecting from...

> ----- Pablo wrote: -----
>
> Hmm, I don't have that option under mine. Under Terminal Services
I've got
> a folder called sessions which doesn't contain that option, and
'Start
> program connection' and remote control settings'. Again, I'm using
XP pro
> as my server, not terminal services native.
>
> Paul
>
> "Sooner Al" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > You can disable the desktop
> > wallpaper for all clients using a Group Policy. On the host, run
> 'gpedit.msc' from the command line
> > and look at "Local Computer Policy -> Administrative Templates ->
Windows
> Components -> Terminal
> > Services" for the policy to "Enforce Removal of Remote Desktop
> Wallpaper"....

I can't answer your question since. I set my desktops up to not render wallpaper as soon as I get them. Unfortunetly I am not in a position currently to test this out... Perhaps one of the other MVPs or someone from MS will provide additional help for you...

Good luck...

Pablo

Thanks for the tip though. You pointed me out to an interesting section
that looks good for fine tuning the term services connectivity in XP. All
appreciated. Anyway, I've noticed several inconsistent behaviors with the
remote desktop client app, this was only one.

Paul