  • DVD Writers
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 5, 2004 5:11:41 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

I bought my dvd-r about 18 months ago from Best Buy and I purchased
the 3 year service plan on it. I need to figure out a way to make it
not work any longer so I can upgrade my dvd-r. Can you think of any
small way to make the burner no longer work correctly without it
obviously looking like someone tampered with it?

More about : break dvd burner

Anonymous
August 5, 2004 7:19:34 PM

"David Mills" <davidmillsjd@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I bought my dvd-r about 18 months ago from Best Buy and I purchased
> the 3 year service plan on it. I need to figure out a way to make it
> not work any longer so I can upgrade my dvd-r. Can you think of any
> small way to make the burner no longer work correctly without it
> obviously looking like someone tampered with it?

PLONK1
Anonymous
August 5, 2004 7:47:45 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

"David Mills" <davidmillsjd@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I bought my dvd-r about 18 months ago from Best Buy and I purchased
> the 3 year service plan on it. I need to figure out a way to make it
> not work any longer so I can upgrade my dvd-r. Can you think of any
> small way to make the burner no longer work correctly without it
> obviously looking like someone tampered with it?

Let me guess, you are a liberal, right?

LOL;
Ken
Anonymous
August 5, 2004 7:56:58 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

Set your computer on fire.....that should do it.

rqo

"David Mills" <davidmillsjd@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I bought my dvd-r about 18 months ago from Best Buy and I purchased
> the 3 year service plan on it. I need to figure out a way to make it
> not work any longer so I can upgrade my dvd-r. Can you think of any
> small way to make the burner no longer work correctly without it
> obviously looking like someone tampered with it?
Anonymous
August 5, 2004 8:53:43 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 15:47:45 -0500, "Ken Maltby"
<kmaltby@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>"David Mills" <davidmillsjd@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> I bought my dvd-r about 18 months ago from Best Buy and I purchased
>> the 3 year service plan on it. I need to figure out a way to make it
>> not work any longer so I can upgrade my dvd-r. Can you think of any
>> small way to make the burner no longer work correctly without it
>> obviously looking like someone tampered with it?
>
> Let me guess, you are a liberal, right?
>
>LOL;
> Ken

Don't go there. Stupidity does not have a political, religious,
racial or whatever affiliation. It's an equal opportunity affliction.

MCheu
Anonymous
August 5, 2004 8:53:44 PM

"MCheu" <mpcheu@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 15:47:45 -0500, "Ken Maltby"
> <kmaltby@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>

> >"David Mills" <davidmillsjd@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >> I bought my dvd-r about 18 months ago from Best Buy and I purchased
> >> the 3 year service plan on it. I need to figure out a way to make it
> >> not work any longer so I can upgrade my dvd-r. Can you think of any
> >> small way to make the burner no longer work correctly without it
> >> obviously looking like someone tampered with it?
> >
> > Let me guess, you are a liberal, right?
> >
> >LOL;
> > Ken
>
> Don't go there. Stupidity does not have a political, religious,
> racial or whatever affiliation. It's an equal opportunity affliction.

> MCheu

True, but a philosophy that believes that "Big Business" is
inherently evil, and which has a moral/ethical compass that
says "If it feels good do it", and "The ends justify the means",
is likely to produce those who have no problem defrauding
Best Buy. (Or any other display of the lack of any personal
integrity.)

Luck;
Ken
Anonymous
August 5, 2004 10:52:23 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

Try shoving it sideways

"David Mills" <davidmillsjd@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I bought my dvd-r about 18 months ago from Best Buy and I purchased
> the 3 year service plan on it. I need to figure out a way to make it
> not work any longer so I can upgrade my dvd-r. Can you think of any
> small way to make the burner no longer work correctly without it
> obviously looking like someone tampered with it?
Anonymous
August 6, 2004 12:17:57 AM

On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 13:11:41 -0700, David Mills wrote:

> I bought my dvd-r about 18 months ago from Best Buy and I purchased
> the 3 year service plan on it. I need to figure out a way to make it
> not work any longer so I can upgrade my dvd-r. Can you think of any
> small way to make the burner no longer work correctly without it
> obviously looking like someone tampered with it?

Did you bother checking to see if a firmware upgrade is available for the
drive? That could solve your problem without having to resort to slime bag
behaviour.

August 6, 2004 12:36:54 AM

David Mills wrote:
> I bought my dvd-r about 18 months ago from Best Buy and I purchased
> the 3 year service plan on it. I need to figure out a way to make it
> not work any longer so I can upgrade my dvd-r. Can you think of any
> small way to make the burner no longer work correctly without it
> obviously looking like someone tampered with it?
You can probably buy a new one for not much more than you paid for the 3
year plan.
Anonymous
August 6, 2004 2:06:54 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

"David Mills" <davidmillsjd@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> I bought my dvd-r about 18 months ago from Best Buy and I purchased
> the 3 year service plan on it. I need to figure out a way to make it
> not work any longer so I can upgrade my dvd-r. Can you think of any
> small way to make the burner no longer work correctly without it
> obviously looking like someone tampered with it?

Put it in the microwave oven for 10 minutes on "medium" power - this will
kill the drive but avoid actually setting it on fire.
Anonymous
August 6, 2004 2:06:55 AM

"Adrian Boliston" <adrian@boliston.co.uk> wrote in message
> "David Mills" <davidmillsjd@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
> > I bought my dvd-r about 18 months ago from Best Buy and I purchased
> > the 3 year service plan on it. I need to figure out a way to make it
> > not work any longer so I can upgrade my dvd-r. Can you think of any
> > small way to make the burner no longer work correctly without it
> > obviously looking like someone tampered with it?
>
> Put it in the microwave oven for 10 minutes on "medium" power - this will
> kill the drive but avoid actually setting it on fire.

PLONK

Steve King
Anonymous
August 6, 2004 2:46:44 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

"Ken Maltby" <kmaltby@sbcglobal.net> wrote in

> "MCheu" <mpcheu@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 15:47:45 -0500, "Ken Maltby"
>> <kmaltby@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>>

>> >"David Mills" <davidmillsjd@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > Let me guess, you are a liberal, right?
>> >
>> >LOL;
>> > Ken
>>
>> Don't go there. Stupidity does not have a political, religious,
>> racial or whatever affiliation. It's an equal opportunity
>> affliction.

>> MCheu
>

> True, but a philosophy that believes that "Big Business" is
> inherently evil, and which has a moral/ethical compass that
> says "If it feels good do it", and "The ends justify the means",
> is likely to produce those who have no problem defrauding
> Best Buy. (Or any other display of the lack of any personal
> integrity.)
>
> Luck;
> Ken

Like, say, Enron's executives?

--
Gene E. Bloch (Gino) phone 650.966.8481
Call me letters find me at domain blochg whose dot is com

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

> > Let me guess, you are a liberal, right?
> >
> >LOL;
> > Ken
>
> Don't go there. Stupidity does not have a political, religious,
> racial or whatever affiliation. It's an equal opportunity affliction.

.... As was evident by President Dumbass trying to eat raw corn yesterday in
Iowa...
http://uk.fc.yahoo.com/040804/46/ezlmw.html
Anonymous
August 6, 2004 4:32:19 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

I like the way it says "President Bush, right, ..." Ha, how dumb do
Yahoo think we are?

On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 23:11:52 +0000 (UTC), "Allan" <fghj@tyui.tyu>
wrote:

>> > Let me guess, you are a liberal, right?
>> >
>> >LOL;
>> > Ken
>>
>> Don't go there. Stupidity does not have a political, religious,
>> racial or whatever affiliation. It's an equal opportunity affliction.
>
>... As was evident by President Dumbass trying to eat raw corn yesterday in
>Iowa...
>http://uk.fc.yahoo.com/040804/46/ezlmw.html

Anonymous
August 6, 2004 4:59:16 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

"David Mills" <davidmillsjd@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I bought my dvd-r about 18 months ago from Best Buy and I purchased
> the 3 year service plan on it. I need to figure out a way to make it
> not work any longer so I can upgrade my dvd-r. Can you think of any
> small way to make the burner no longer work correctly without it
> obviously looking like someone tampered with it?

Hello DM, Try taking hold of it and then slam it on a flat surface, until
the laser beams are out of alignment...!

That should do the trick... Best Buy may or may not test it...! But if they
do, it will not be able to read anything...!

Starz_Kid...
Anonymous
August 6, 2004 4:59:17 AM

"Starz_Kid" <Starz_Kid@inter.net> wrote in message
> "David Mills" <davidmillsjd@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > I bought my dvd-r about 18 months ago from Best Buy and I purchased
> > the 3 year service plan on it. I need to figure out a way to make it
> > not work any longer so I can upgrade my dvd-r. Can you think of any
> > small way to make the burner no longer work correctly without it
> > obviously looking like someone tampered with it?
>
> Hello DM, Try taking hold of it and then slam it on a flat surface, until
> the laser beams are out of alignment...!
>
> That should do the trick... Best Buy may or may not test it...! But if
they
> do, it will not be able to read anything...!
>
> Starz_Kid...

Where do these creeps come from? Some crook wants to scam somebody, and the
slime just oozes out. I'm talking about you, Starz Kid. PLONK (I've got
to check to see if there is a limit to how many jerks I can put in my kill
file.)

Steve King
Anonymous
August 6, 2004 5:20:53 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

> I like the way it says "President Bush, right, ..." Ha, how dumb do
> Yahoo think we are?

It was actually a mistake. It should say "extreme religious right".
August 6, 2004 7:27:07 AM

In article <he75h0d9b38f7h3mu6coadls9of6ro2j1o@4ax.com>, MCheu <mpcheu@yahoo.com> wrote:
>On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 15:47:45 -0500, "Ken Maltby"
><kmaltby@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>

>>"David Mills" <davidmillsjd@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> I bought my dvd-r about 18 months ago from Best Buy and I purchased
>>> the 3 year service plan on it. I need to figure out a way to make it
>>> not work any longer so I can upgrade my dvd-r. Can you think of any
>>> small way to make the burner no longer work correctly without it
>>> obviously looking like someone tampered with it?
>>
>> Let me guess, you are a liberal, right?
>>
>>LOL;
>> Ken
>
>Don't go there. Stupidity does not have a political, religious,
>racial or whatever affiliation. It's an equal opportunity affliction.

>MCheu
No, but a liberal is more likely to find every which way to screw the
establishment !!!
August 6, 2004 7:27:54 AM

In article <Xns953CA082C4F7AAstrolabe@204.127.204.17>, "Gene E. Bloch" <hamburger@NOT_SPAM.invalid> wrote:
>"Ken Maltby" <kmaltby@sbcglobal.net> wrote in
>

>> "MCheu" <mpcheu@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>> Don't go there. Stupidity does not have a political, religious,
>>> racial or whatever affiliation. It's an equal opportunity
>>> affliction.

>>> MCheu
>>

>> True, but a philosophy that believes that "Big Business" is
>> inherently evil, and which has a moral/ethical compass that
>> says "If it feels good do it", and "The ends justify the means",
>> is likely to produce those who have no problem defrauding
>> Best Buy. (Or any other display of the lack of any personal
>> integrity.)
>>
>> Luck;
>> Ken
>>

>Like, say, Enron's executives?

Um, crime done on CLINTONS watch!!!!
August 6, 2004 7:30:32 AM

In article <ceuero$43p$1@sparta.btinternet.com>, "Allan" <fghj@tyui.tyu> wrote:
>> > Let me guess, you are a liberal, right?
>> >
>> >LOL;
>> > Ken
>>
>> Don't go there. Stupidity does not have a political, religious,
>> racial or whatever affiliation. It's an equal opportunity affliction.
>
>.... As was evident by President Dumbass trying to eat raw corn yesterday in
>Iowa...
>http://uk.fc.yahoo.com/040804/46/ezlmw.html

You obviously have been a big city boy all your life. Corn can be eaten
straight from the garden. Its not raw like meat. Then again if its not tofu,
or bean sprouts or other weird ass naturally grown product, you would have no
idea what i am talking about now would you?
Anonymous
August 6, 2004 7:30:33 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 03:30:32 GMT, glenzabr@nospamallowed.xmission.com
(GMAN) wrote:

>>> Don't go there. Stupidity does not have a political, religious,
>>> racial or whatever affiliation. It's an equal opportunity affliction.
>>
>>.... As was evident by President Dumbass trying to eat raw corn yesterday in
>>Iowa...
>>http://uk.fc.yahoo.com/040804/46/ezlmw.html
>>

>You obviously have been a big city boy all your life. Corn can be eaten
>straight from the garden. Its not raw like meat. Then again if its not tofu,
>or bean sprouts or other weird ass naturally grown product, you would have no
>idea what i am talking about now would you?

Sounds like we got ourselves a real cornservative here. Well, you know
Junior may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, may have
destroyed countless jobs, may be allied with the worst in American
business (remember Kenny boy? Enron was one of the very largest
contributors) sent our troops into a needless and counterproductive
war, but, by golly, at least he didn't get a bj in the oval office.
August 6, 2004 7:32:02 AM

In article <OP6dnVKfYrk-T4_cRVn-rA@adelphia.com>, BF <bfor@adelphia.net> wrote:
>David Mills wrote:
>> I bought my dvd-r about 18 months ago from Best Buy and I purchased
>> the 3 year service plan on it. I need to figure out a way to make it
>> not work any longer so I can upgrade my dvd-r. Can you think of any
>> small way to make the burner no longer work correctly without it
>> obviously looking like someone tampered with it?
>You can probably buy a new one for not much more than you paid for the 3
>year plan.
LMAO, so true!!!
August 6, 2004 7:39:25 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

so that was supposed to be the joke. I couldn't figure out what was so
amusing about that picture.

"GMAN" <glenzabr@nospamallowed.xmission.com> wrote in message

> >> Don't go there. Stupidity does not have a political, religious,
> >> racial or whatever affiliation. It's an equal opportunity affliction.
> >
> >.... As was evident by President Dumbass trying to eat raw corn yesterday
in
> >Iowa...
> >http://uk.fc.yahoo.com/040804/46/ezlmw.html
> >

> You obviously have been a big city boy all your life. Corn can be eaten
> straight from the garden. Its not raw like meat. Then again if its not
tofu,
> or bean sprouts or other weird ass naturally grown product, you would have
no
> idea what i am talking about now would you?
Anonymous
August 6, 2004 8:38:58 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

> I bought my dvd-r about 18 months ago from Best Buy and I purchased
> the 3 year service plan on it. I need to figure out a way to make it
> not work any longer so I can upgrade my dvd-r. Can you think of any
> small way to make the burner no longer work correctly without it
> obviously looking like someone tampered with it?

You bought a 3 year service plan on a DVD burner? Do you eat your corn raw
too?
Anonymous
August 6, 2004 8:45:28 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

> >> Don't go there. Stupidity does not have a political, religious,
> >> racial or whatever affiliation. It's an equal opportunity affliction.
> >
> >.... As was evident by President Dumbass trying to eat raw corn yesterday
in
> >Iowa...
> >http://uk.fc.yahoo.com/040804/46/ezlmw.html
> >

> You obviously have been a big city boy all your life. Corn can be eaten
> straight from the garden. Its not raw like meat. Then again if its not
tofu,
> or bean sprouts or other weird ass naturally grown product, you would have
no
> idea what i am talking about now would you?

Too much cotton gin? When you sober up, you might get it.
Anonymous
August 6, 2004 2:06:51 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

"David Mills" <davidmillsjd@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I bought my dvd-r about 18 months ago from Best Buy and I purchased
> the 3 year service plan on it. I need to figure out a way to make it
> not work any longer so I can upgrade my dvd-r. Can you think of any
> small way to make the burner no longer work correctly without it
> obviously looking like someone tampered with it?

Connect it up to a 240VAC wall outlet...........
Anonymous
August 6, 2004 2:06:52 PM

Axel VK wrote:
> "David Mills" <davidmillsjd@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> I bought my dvd-r about 18 months ago from Best Buy and I purchased
>> the 3 year service plan on it. I need to figure out a way to make it
>> not work any longer so I can upgrade my dvd-r. Can you think of any
>> small way to make the burner no longer work correctly without it
>> obviously looking like someone tampered with it?
>
> Connect it up to a 240VAC wall outlet...........

Better yet, connect yourself up that wall outlet. Then you won't have to
worry about it anymore, and probably do the world a favor.
August 6, 2004 2:06:52 PM

"Axel VK" <sparqs@pigpond.com> wrote in message

> "David Mills" <davidmillsjd@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > I bought my dvd-r about 18 months ago from Best Buy and I purchased
> > the 3 year service plan on it. I need to figure out a way to make it
> > not work any longer so I can upgrade my dvd-r. Can you think of any
> > small way to make the burner no longer work correctly without it
> > obviously looking like someone tampered with it?
>
> Connect it up to a 240VAC wall outlet...........

Karate chop.
Anonymous
August 6, 2004 4:18:19 PM

"Steve King" <steve@REMOVETHISSPAMBLOCKsteveking.net> wrote in message

> Where do these creeps come from? Some crook wants to scam somebody, and the
> slime just oozes out. I'm talking about you, Starz Kid. PLONK (I've got
> to check to see if there is a limit to how many jerks I can put in my kill
> file.)

So you basically killfile anyone who has a vague sense of humour?
August 6, 2004 6:51:06 PM

"Gene E. Bloch" <hamburger@NOT_SPAM.invalid> wrote in message
> "Ken Maltby" <kmaltby@sbcglobal.net> wrote in
>

> > "MCheu" <mpcheu@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> >> Don't go there. Stupidity does not have a political, religious,
> >> racial or whatever affiliation. It's an equal opportunity
> >> affliction.
> >>
> >> ---------------------------------------------
> >>
> >> MCheu
> >

> > True, but a philosophy that believes that "Big Business" is
> > inherently evil, and which has a moral/ethical compass that
> > says "If it feels good do it", and "The ends justify the means",
> > is likely to produce those who have no problem defrauding
> > Best Buy. (Or any other display of the lack of any personal
> > integrity.)
> >
> > Luck;
> > Ken
> >

> Like, say, Enron's executives?
>
> --
> Gene E. Bloch (Gino) phone 650.966.8481
> Call me letters find me at domain blochg whose dot is com

Great Reply!
I don't think they were liberal, LOL
And how many millions of people would have to defraud best buy to equal
corporate greed,
fraud done to corporations by their own executives?

AnthonyR

August 6, 2004 6:56:39 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

"GMAN" <glenzabr@nospamallowed.xmission.com> wrote in message

> >> Don't go there. Stupidity does not have a political, religious,
> >> racial or whatever affiliation. It's an equal opportunity affliction.
> >
> >.... As was evident by President Dumbass trying to eat raw corn yesterday
in
> >Iowa...
> >http://uk.fc.yahoo.com/040804/46/ezlmw.html
> >

> You obviously have been a big city boy all your life. Corn can be eaten
> straight from the garden. Its not raw like meat. Then again if its not
tofu,
> or bean sprouts or other weird ass naturally grown product, you would have
no
> idea what i am talking about now would you?

I find your comment very contradictory, one the one hand you insult any city
dweller by saying
we don't know how to eat "corn", lol, which has been around since the
beginning of time and is everywhere.
Like as if only country boys know what corn is and how to eat it, then you
say the city guys
only know how to eat tofu, bean sprouts and other organically grown
products.

Well, last I checked, soy and bean sprouts are grown on farms, LOL
But maybe not all farmers are willing to learn about these new fangled
inventions?
August 6, 2004 7:00:08 PM

> No, but a liberal is more likely to find every which way to screw the
> establishment !!!

I don't agree. A liberal would more likely help save the planet than any
other political affiliation,
how is that screwing the establishment?

I think you got your facts upside down.
August 6, 2004 7:03:20 PM

"BF" <bfor@adelphia.net> wrote in message
news:o P6dnVKfYrk-T4_cRVn-rA@adelphia.com...
> David Mills wrote:
> > I bought my dvd-r about 18 months ago from Best Buy and I purchased
> > the 3 year service plan on it. I need to figure out a way to make it
> > not work any longer so I can upgrade my dvd-r. Can you think of any
> > small way to make the burner no longer work correctly without it
> > obviously looking like someone tampered with it?
> You can probably buy a new one for not much more than you paid for the 3
> year plan.

LOL, I was just going to type that!!!!!

It's so true, I never buy those damm plans, infact I wish more people broke
there stuff just so the plan would become
impractical enough so they would stop offering it and wasting all our time
trying to sell them to us.
August 7, 2004 1:21:43 AM

Gene E. Bloch wrote:

> "Ken Maltby" <kmaltby@sbcglobal.net> wrote in
>

>>"MCheu" <mpcheu@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>>Don't go there. Stupidity does not have a political, religious,
>>>racial or whatever affiliation. It's an equal opportunity
>>>affliction.
>>>
>>>---------------------------------------------
>>>
>>>MCheu
>>
>> True, but a philosophy that believes that "Big Business" is
>>inherently evil, and which has a moral/ethical compass that
>>says "If it feels good do it", and "The ends justify the means",
>>is likely to produce those who have no problem defrauding
>>Best Buy. (Or any other display of the lack of any personal
>>integrity.)
>>
>>Luck;
>> Ken
>
> Like, say, Enron's executives?

And Dickie Cheney who "felt better" after telling Senator Leahy to go
f*** himself on the floor of the Senate.

The easiest way to figure out what the Repugs are doing behind the
curtain is to watch what they accuse the Democrats of, see above. I rest
my case.
August 7, 2004 1:25:40 AM

GMAN wrote:

>>>Don't go there. Stupidity does not have a political, religious,
>>>racial or whatever affiliation. It's an equal opportunity affliction.
>>
>>.... As was evident by President Dumbass trying to eat raw corn yesterday in
>>Iowa...
>>http://uk.fc.yahoo.com/040804/46/ezlmw.html
>
> You obviously have been a big city boy all your life. Corn can be eaten
> straight from the garden. Its not raw like meat. Then again if its not tofu,
> or bean sprouts or other weird ass naturally grown product,

Corn is grown unnaturally? You rightards don't usually admit such things
in public.
August 7, 2004 1:28:30 AM

GMAN wrote:

> In article <he75h0d9b38f7h3mu6coadls9of6ro2j1o@4ax.com>, MCheu <mpcheu@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 15:47:45 -0500, "Ken Maltby"
>><kmaltby@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>>

>>>"David Mills" <davidmillsjd@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>> Let me guess, you are a liberal, right?
>>>
>>>LOL;
>>> Ken
>>
>>Don't go there. Stupidity does not have a political, religious,
>>racial or whatever affiliation. It's an equal opportunity affliction.
>>
>>---------------------------------------------
>>
>>MCheu
>
> No, but a liberal is more likely to find every which way to screw the
> establishment !!!

Jesus, man, what could any liberal do, or the antiChrist even, to ruin
the US that the Boy King hasn't already done?

At least the economy is turning around as he promised, this morning's
jobs report demonstrates that very clearly.
August 7, 2004 1:29:35 AM

Tony wrote:

> "Axel VK" <sparqs@pigpond.com> wrote in message
>
>>"David Mills" <davidmillsjd@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>I bought my dvd-r about 18 months ago from Best Buy and I purchased
>>>the 3 year service plan on it. I need to figure out a way to make it
>>>not work any longer so I can upgrade my dvd-r. Can you think of any
>>>small way to make the burner no longer work correctly without it
>>>obviously looking like someone tampered with it?
>>
>>Connect it up to a 240VAC wall outlet...........
>
> Karate chop.

LOL - very creative solution!
August 7, 2004 1:31:02 AM

David Mills wrote:

> I bought my dvd-r about 18 months ago from Best Buy and I purchased
> the 3 year service plan on it. I need to figure out a way to make it
> not work any longer so I can upgrade my dvd-r. Can you think of any
> small way to make the burner no longer work correctly without it
> obviously looking like someone tampered with it?

You're obviously some cheap assed Republicon who expects the rest of us
to bail you from one bad decision after another. Have you considered
running for president?
August 7, 2004 1:32:14 AM

Allan wrote:

>>I bought my dvd-r about 18 months ago from Best Buy and I purchased
>>the 3 year service plan on it. I need to figure out a way to make it
>>not work any longer so I can upgrade my dvd-r. Can you think of any
>>small way to make the burner no longer work correctly without it
>>obviously looking like someone tampered with it?
>

> You bought a 3 year service plan on a DVD burner? Do you eat your corn raw
> too?

LOL!

Anyone else remember the raw corn in "Wargames"?
Anonymous
August 7, 2004 2:53:59 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

> >>I bought my dvd-r about 18 months ago from Best Buy and I purchased
> >>the 3 year service plan on it. I need to figure out a way to make it
> >>not work any longer so I can upgrade my dvd-r. Can you think of any
> >>small way to make the burner no longer work correctly without it
> >>obviously looking like someone tampered with it?
> >

> > You bought a 3 year service plan on a DVD burner? Do you eat your corn
raw
> > too?
>
> LOL!
>
> Anyone else remember the raw corn in "Wargames"?

No, tell me more.
Anonymous
August 7, 2004 3:43:17 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

glenzabr@nospamallowed.xmission.com (GMAN) wrote in

> In article <Xns953CA082C4F7AAstrolabe@204.127.204.17>, "Gene E.
> Bloch" <hamburger@NOT_SPAM.invalid> wrote:
>>"Ken Maltby" <kmaltby@sbcglobal.net> wrote in
>>

>>> "MCheu" <mpcheu@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>> True, but a philosophy that believes that "Big Business" is
>>> inherently evil, and which has a moral/ethical compass that
>>> says "If it feels good do it", and "The ends justify the means",
>>> is likely to produce those who have no problem defrauding
>>> Best Buy. (Or any other display of the lack of any personal
>>> integrity.)
>>>
>>> Luck;
>>> Ken
>>>

>>Like, say, Enron's executives?
>>
> Um, crime done on CLINTONS watch!!!!

And the relevance of that is???

--
Gene E. Bloch (Gino) phone 650.966.8481
Call me letters find me at domain blochg whose dot is com
Anonymous
August 7, 2004 3:49:46 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

mercutio <merc@evinrude.org> wrote in
news:p an.2004.08.06.01.17.54.414180@evinrude.org:

> On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 13:11:41 -0700, David Mills wrote:
>
>> I bought my dvd-r about 18 months ago from Best Buy and I
>> purchased the 3 year service plan on it. I need to figure out a
>> way to make it not work any longer so I can upgrade my dvd-r.
>> Can you think of any small way to make the burner no longer work
>> correctly without it obviously looking like someone tampered with
>> it?
>
> Did you bother checking to see if a firmware upgrade is available
> for the drive? That could solve your problem without having to
> resort to slime bag behaviour.

Actually, trying to install a firmware UG might just do the trick for
the OP!

Maybe we shouldn't encourage him...

Gene E. Bloch (Gino) phone 650.966.8481
Call me letters find me at domain blochg whose dot is com
August 7, 2004 5:56:19 AM

Allan wrote:

>>>You bought a 3 year service plan on a DVD burner? Do you eat your corn
>
> raw
>
>>>too?
>>
>>LOL!
>>
>>Anyone else remember the raw corn in "Wargames"?
>
> No, tell me more.

David's family ate raw corn one night in "Wargames". The father didn't
like it.
Anonymous
August 7, 2004 6:25:32 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

> >>Anyone else remember the raw corn in "Wargames"?
> >
> > No, tell me more.
>
> David's family ate raw corn one night in "Wargames". The father didn't
> like it.

Damn city-folk dunno wot's good eatin' :-)
Anonymous
August 7, 2004 10:58:53 AM

davidmillsjd@yahoo.com (David Mills) wrote in message news:<8bde24b0.0408051211.4795be63@posting.google.com>...
> I bought my dvd-r about 18 months ago from Best Buy and I purchased
> the 3 year service plan on it. I need to figure out a way to make it
> not work any longer so I can upgrade my dvd-r. Can you think of any
> small way to make the burner no longer work correctly without it
> obviously looking like someone tampered with it?

Go to the DVD-R manufacturer's site and download their firmware
upgrade. While the upgrade is in prograss, pull the power plug to
your computer. That should do it. Sometimes putting a sanding disk
into the DVD burner can do sufficient damage. That would work unless
they actually open it up and check it.
Anonymous
August 7, 2004 2:25:54 PM

Sparky wrote:

> David Mills wrote:
>
>> I bought my dvd-r about 18 months ago from Best Buy and I purchased
>> the 3 year service plan on it. I need to figure out a way to make it
>> not work any longer so I can upgrade my dvd-r. Can you think of any
>> small way to make the burner no longer work correctly without it
>> obviously looking like someone tampered with it?
>

> You're obviously some cheap assed Republicon who expects the rest of us
> to bail you from one bad decision after another. Have you considered
> running for president?

No, he is a dumb ass Democrat that is not capable of processing
information to come to a conclusion that the three year plan will cost
almost as much as a new burner. Just like Democrats he has to be told
what is best for him because he is not capable of doing it on his own.
Sorry to bring politics into.
August 7, 2004 7:37:00 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

Ken Maltby <kmaltby@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
: "David Mills" <davidmillsjd@yahoo.com> wrote in message
: news:8bde24b0.0408051211.4795be63@posting.google.com...
:: I bought my dvd-r about 18 months ago from Best Buy and I
purchased
:: the 3 year service plan on it. I need to figure out a way to
make it
:: not work any longer so I can upgrade my dvd-r. Can you think of
any
:: small way to make the burner no longer work correctly without it
:: obviously looking like someone tampered with it?
:
: Let me guess, you are a liberal, right?

Idiot. He obviously studied the Rumsfield-Cheney-Bush "how to screw
thy neighbor" course as all good god-loving, little conservatives
do.
Anonymous
August 7, 2004 7:37:01 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

"Why not go to war just for oil? We need oil.
What do Hollywood celebrities imagine fuels their private jets?
How do they think their cocaine is delivered to them?"

An opinion by Ann Coulter

"jack" <jack@ibm.com> wrote in message news:2nk48gF1mu5kU1@uni-berlin.de...
> Ken Maltby <kmaltby@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> : "David Mills" <davidmillsjd@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> : news:8bde24b0.0408051211.4795be63@posting.google.com...
> :: I bought my dvd-r about 18 months ago from Best Buy and I
> purchased
> :: the 3 year service plan on it. I need to figure out a way to
> make it
> :: not work any longer so I can upgrade my dvd-r. Can you think of
> any
> :: small way to make the burner no longer work correctly without it
> :: obviously looking like someone tampered with it?
> :
> : Let me guess, you are a liberal, right?
>
> Idiot. He obviously studied the Rumsfield-Cheney-Bush "how to screw
> thy neighbor" course as all good god-loving, little conservatives
> do.

August 7, 2004 8:45:16 PM

"Sparky" <nemo@moon.sun.edu> wrote in message
news:o HSQc.26221$zc4.9370471@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net...
> GMAN wrote:
>

> > You obviously have been a big city boy all your life. Corn can be eaten
> > straight from the garden. Its not raw like meat. Then again if its not
tofu,
> > or bean sprouts or other weird ass naturally grown product,
>
> Corn is grown unnaturally? You rightards don't usually admit such things
> in public.

It's unnatural. Genetically mutated by humans. Over a period of thousands
of years, Native Americans purposefully transformed maize through special
cultivation techniques. It was developed from a wild grass Teosinte
originally growing in Central America and southern Mexico 7,000 years ago.
By systematically collecting and cultivating those plants best suited for
human consumption, Native Americans encouraged the formation of ears or cobs
on early maize (which we call corn).
August 7, 2004 8:48:30 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

"David Mills" <davidmillsjd@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I bought my dvd-r about 18 months ago from Best Buy and I purchased
> the 3 year service plan on it. I need to figure out a way to make it
> not work any longer so I can upgrade my dvd-r. Can you think of any
> small way to make the burner no longer work correctly without it
> obviously looking like someone tampered with it?

Play DVD's in it while you're in the bathtub till it quits working. Then
hang it out till it thoroughly dries out.

Rich
      • 1 / 2
      • 2
      • Newest