Best way to break a dvd burner?

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

I bought my dvd-r about 18 months ago from Best Buy and I purchased
the 3 year service plan on it. I need to figure out a way to make it
not work any longer so I can upgrade my dvd-r. Can you think of any
small way to make the burner no longer work correctly without it
obviously looking like someone tampered with it?
75 answers Last reply
More about best break burner
  1. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    "David Mills" <davidmillsjd@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I bought my dvd-r about 18 months ago from Best Buy and I purchased
    > the 3 year service plan on it. I need to figure out a way to make it
    > not work any longer so I can upgrade my dvd-r. Can you think of any
    > small way to make the burner no longer work correctly without it
    > obviously looking like someone tampered with it?

    PLONK1
  2. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    "David Mills" <davidmillsjd@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I bought my dvd-r about 18 months ago from Best Buy and I purchased
    > the 3 year service plan on it. I need to figure out a way to make it
    > not work any longer so I can upgrade my dvd-r. Can you think of any
    > small way to make the burner no longer work correctly without it
    > obviously looking like someone tampered with it?

    Let me guess, you are a liberal, right?

    LOL;
    Ken
  3. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    Set your computer on fire.....that should do it.

    rqo

    "David Mills" <davidmillsjd@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I bought my dvd-r about 18 months ago from Best Buy and I purchased
    > the 3 year service plan on it. I need to figure out a way to make it
    > not work any longer so I can upgrade my dvd-r. Can you think of any
    > small way to make the burner no longer work correctly without it
    > obviously looking like someone tampered with it?
  4. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 15:47:45 -0500, "Ken Maltby"
    <kmaltby@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

    >"David Mills" <davidmillsjd@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> I bought my dvd-r about 18 months ago from Best Buy and I purchased
    >> the 3 year service plan on it. I need to figure out a way to make it
    >> not work any longer so I can upgrade my dvd-r. Can you think of any
    >> small way to make the burner no longer work correctly without it
    >> obviously looking like someone tampered with it?
    >
    > Let me guess, you are a liberal, right?
    >
    >LOL;
    > Ken

    Don't go there. Stupidity does not have a political, religious,
    racial or whatever affiliation. It's an equal opportunity affliction.

    MCheu
  5. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    "MCheu" <mpcheu@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 15:47:45 -0500, "Ken Maltby"
    > <kmaltby@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
    >

    > >"David Mills" <davidmillsjd@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > >> I bought my dvd-r about 18 months ago from Best Buy and I purchased
    > >> the 3 year service plan on it. I need to figure out a way to make it
    > >> not work any longer so I can upgrade my dvd-r. Can you think of any
    > >> small way to make the burner no longer work correctly without it
    > >> obviously looking like someone tampered with it?
    > >
    > > Let me guess, you are a liberal, right?
    > >
    > >LOL;
    > > Ken
    >
    > Don't go there. Stupidity does not have a political, religious,
    > racial or whatever affiliation. It's an equal opportunity affliction.

    > MCheu

    True, but a philosophy that believes that "Big Business" is
    inherently evil, and which has a moral/ethical compass that
    says "If it feels good do it", and "The ends justify the means",
    is likely to produce those who have no problem defrauding
    Best Buy. (Or any other display of the lack of any personal
    integrity.)

    Luck;
    Ken
  6. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    Try shoving it sideways

    "David Mills" <davidmillsjd@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I bought my dvd-r about 18 months ago from Best Buy and I purchased
    > the 3 year service plan on it. I need to figure out a way to make it
    > not work any longer so I can upgrade my dvd-r. Can you think of any
    > small way to make the burner no longer work correctly without it
    > obviously looking like someone tampered with it?
  7. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 13:11:41 -0700, David Mills wrote:

    > I bought my dvd-r about 18 months ago from Best Buy and I purchased
    > the 3 year service plan on it. I need to figure out a way to make it
    > not work any longer so I can upgrade my dvd-r. Can you think of any
    > small way to make the burner no longer work correctly without it
    > obviously looking like someone tampered with it?

    Did you bother checking to see if a firmware upgrade is available for the
    drive? That could solve your problem without having to resort to slime bag
    behaviour.

  8. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    David Mills wrote:
    > I bought my dvd-r about 18 months ago from Best Buy and I purchased
    > the 3 year service plan on it. I need to figure out a way to make it
    > not work any longer so I can upgrade my dvd-r. Can you think of any
    > small way to make the burner no longer work correctly without it
    > obviously looking like someone tampered with it?
    You can probably buy a new one for not much more than you paid for the 3
    year plan.
  9. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    "David Mills" <davidmillsjd@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > I bought my dvd-r about 18 months ago from Best Buy and I purchased
    > the 3 year service plan on it. I need to figure out a way to make it
    > not work any longer so I can upgrade my dvd-r. Can you think of any
    > small way to make the burner no longer work correctly without it
    > obviously looking like someone tampered with it?

    Put it in the microwave oven for 10 minutes on "medium" power - this will
    kill the drive but avoid actually setting it on fire.
  10. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    "Adrian Boliston" <adrian@boliston.co.uk> wrote in message
    > "David Mills" <davidmillsjd@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >
    > > I bought my dvd-r about 18 months ago from Best Buy and I purchased
    > > the 3 year service plan on it. I need to figure out a way to make it
    > > not work any longer so I can upgrade my dvd-r. Can you think of any
    > > small way to make the burner no longer work correctly without it
    > > obviously looking like someone tampered with it?
    >
    > Put it in the microwave oven for 10 minutes on "medium" power - this will
    > kill the drive but avoid actually setting it on fire.

    PLONK

    Steve King
  11. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    "Ken Maltby" <kmaltby@sbcglobal.net> wrote in

    > "MCheu" <mpcheu@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 15:47:45 -0500, "Ken Maltby"
    >> <kmaltby@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
    >>

    >> >"David Mills" <davidmillsjd@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > Let me guess, you are a liberal, right?
    >> >
    >> >LOL;
    >> > Ken
    >>
    >> Don't go there. Stupidity does not have a political, religious,
    >> racial or whatever affiliation. It's an equal opportunity
    >> affliction.

    >> MCheu
    >

    > True, but a philosophy that believes that "Big Business" is
    > inherently evil, and which has a moral/ethical compass that
    > says "If it feels good do it", and "The ends justify the means",
    > is likely to produce those who have no problem defrauding
    > Best Buy. (Or any other display of the lack of any personal
    > integrity.)
    >
    > Luck;
    > Ken

    Like, say, Enron's executives?

    --
    Gene E. Bloch (Gino) phone 650.966.8481
    Call me letters find me at domain blochg whose dot is com
  12. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    > > Let me guess, you are a liberal, right?
    > >
    > >LOL;
    > > Ken
    >
    > Don't go there. Stupidity does not have a political, religious,
    > racial or whatever affiliation. It's an equal opportunity affliction.

    .... As was evident by President Dumbass trying to eat raw corn yesterday in
    Iowa...
    http://uk.fc.yahoo.com/040804/46/ezlmw.html
  13. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    I like the way it says "President Bush, right, ..." Ha, how dumb do
    Yahoo think we are?

    On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 23:11:52 +0000 (UTC), "Allan" <fghj@tyui.tyu>
    wrote:

    >> > Let me guess, you are a liberal, right?
    >> >
    >> >LOL;
    >> > Ken
    >>
    >> Don't go there. Stupidity does not have a political, religious,
    >> racial or whatever affiliation. It's an equal opportunity affliction.
    >
    >... As was evident by President Dumbass trying to eat raw corn yesterday in
    >Iowa...
    >http://uk.fc.yahoo.com/040804/46/ezlmw.html

  14. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    "David Mills" <davidmillsjd@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I bought my dvd-r about 18 months ago from Best Buy and I purchased
    > the 3 year service plan on it. I need to figure out a way to make it
    > not work any longer so I can upgrade my dvd-r. Can you think of any
    > small way to make the burner no longer work correctly without it
    > obviously looking like someone tampered with it?

    Hello DM, Try taking hold of it and then slam it on a flat surface, until
    the laser beams are out of alignment...!

    That should do the trick... Best Buy may or may not test it...! But if they
    do, it will not be able to read anything...!

    Starz_Kid...
  15. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    "Starz_Kid" <Starz_Kid@inter.net> wrote in message
    > "David Mills" <davidmillsjd@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > I bought my dvd-r about 18 months ago from Best Buy and I purchased
    > > the 3 year service plan on it. I need to figure out a way to make it
    > > not work any longer so I can upgrade my dvd-r. Can you think of any
    > > small way to make the burner no longer work correctly without it
    > > obviously looking like someone tampered with it?
    >
    > Hello DM, Try taking hold of it and then slam it on a flat surface, until
    > the laser beams are out of alignment...!
    >
    > That should do the trick... Best Buy may or may not test it...! But if
    they
    > do, it will not be able to read anything...!
    >
    > Starz_Kid...

    Where do these creeps come from? Some crook wants to scam somebody, and the
    slime just oozes out. I'm talking about you, Starz Kid. PLONK (I've got
    to check to see if there is a limit to how many jerks I can put in my kill
    file.)

    Steve King
  16. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    > I like the way it says "President Bush, right, ..." Ha, how dumb do
    > Yahoo think we are?

    It was actually a mistake. It should say "extreme religious right".
  17. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    In article <he75h0d9b38f7h3mu6coadls9of6ro2j1o@4ax.com>, MCheu <mpcheu@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 15:47:45 -0500, "Ken Maltby"
    ><kmaltby@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
    >

    >>"David Mills" <davidmillsjd@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>> I bought my dvd-r about 18 months ago from Best Buy and I purchased
    >>> the 3 year service plan on it. I need to figure out a way to make it
    >>> not work any longer so I can upgrade my dvd-r. Can you think of any
    >>> small way to make the burner no longer work correctly without it
    >>> obviously looking like someone tampered with it?
    >>
    >> Let me guess, you are a liberal, right?
    >>
    >>LOL;
    >> Ken
    >
    >Don't go there. Stupidity does not have a political, religious,
    >racial or whatever affiliation. It's an equal opportunity affliction.

    >MCheu
    No, but a liberal is more likely to find every which way to screw the
    establishment !!!
  18. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    In article <Xns953CA082C4F7AAstrolabe@204.127.204.17>, "Gene E. Bloch" <hamburger@NOT_SPAM.invalid> wrote:
    >"Ken Maltby" <kmaltby@sbcglobal.net> wrote in
    >

    >> "MCheu" <mpcheu@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    >>> Don't go there. Stupidity does not have a political, religious,
    >>> racial or whatever affiliation. It's an equal opportunity
    >>> affliction.

    >>> MCheu
    >>

    >> True, but a philosophy that believes that "Big Business" is
    >> inherently evil, and which has a moral/ethical compass that
    >> says "If it feels good do it", and "The ends justify the means",
    >> is likely to produce those who have no problem defrauding
    >> Best Buy. (Or any other display of the lack of any personal
    >> integrity.)
    >>
    >> Luck;
    >> Ken
    >>

    >Like, say, Enron's executives?

    Um, crime done on CLINTONS watch!!!!
  19. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    In article <ceuero$43p$1@sparta.btinternet.com>, "Allan" <fghj@tyui.tyu> wrote:
    >> > Let me guess, you are a liberal, right?
    >> >
    >> >LOL;
    >> > Ken
    >>
    >> Don't go there. Stupidity does not have a political, religious,
    >> racial or whatever affiliation. It's an equal opportunity affliction.
    >
    >.... As was evident by President Dumbass trying to eat raw corn yesterday in
    >Iowa...
    >http://uk.fc.yahoo.com/040804/46/ezlmw.html

    You obviously have been a big city boy all your life. Corn can be eaten
    straight from the garden. Its not raw like meat. Then again if its not tofu,
    or bean sprouts or other weird ass naturally grown product, you would have no
    idea what i am talking about now would you?
  20. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 03:30:32 GMT, glenzabr@nospamallowed.xmission.com
    (GMAN) wrote:

    >>> Don't go there. Stupidity does not have a political, religious,
    >>> racial or whatever affiliation. It's an equal opportunity affliction.
    >>
    >>.... As was evident by President Dumbass trying to eat raw corn yesterday in
    >>Iowa...
    >>http://uk.fc.yahoo.com/040804/46/ezlmw.html
    >>

    >You obviously have been a big city boy all your life. Corn can be eaten
    >straight from the garden. Its not raw like meat. Then again if its not tofu,
    >or bean sprouts or other weird ass naturally grown product, you would have no
    >idea what i am talking about now would you?

    Sounds like we got ourselves a real cornservative here. Well, you know
    Junior may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, may have
    destroyed countless jobs, may be allied with the worst in American
    business (remember Kenny boy? Enron was one of the very largest
    contributors) sent our troops into a needless and counterproductive
    war, but, by golly, at least he didn't get a bj in the oval office.
  21. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    In article <OP6dnVKfYrk-T4_cRVn-rA@adelphia.com>, BF <bfor@adelphia.net> wrote:
    >David Mills wrote:
    >> I bought my dvd-r about 18 months ago from Best Buy and I purchased
    >> the 3 year service plan on it. I need to figure out a way to make it
    >> not work any longer so I can upgrade my dvd-r. Can you think of any
    >> small way to make the burner no longer work correctly without it
    >> obviously looking like someone tampered with it?
    >You can probably buy a new one for not much more than you paid for the 3
    >year plan.
    LMAO, so true!!!
  22. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    so that was supposed to be the joke. I couldn't figure out what was so
    amusing about that picture.

    "GMAN" <glenzabr@nospamallowed.xmission.com> wrote in message

    > >> Don't go there. Stupidity does not have a political, religious,
    > >> racial or whatever affiliation. It's an equal opportunity affliction.
    > >
    > >.... As was evident by President Dumbass trying to eat raw corn yesterday
    in
    > >Iowa...
    > >http://uk.fc.yahoo.com/040804/46/ezlmw.html
    > >

    > You obviously have been a big city boy all your life. Corn can be eaten
    > straight from the garden. Its not raw like meat. Then again if its not
    tofu,
    > or bean sprouts or other weird ass naturally grown product, you would have
    no
    > idea what i am talking about now would you?
  23. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    > I bought my dvd-r about 18 months ago from Best Buy and I purchased
    > the 3 year service plan on it. I need to figure out a way to make it
    > not work any longer so I can upgrade my dvd-r. Can you think of any
    > small way to make the burner no longer work correctly without it
    > obviously looking like someone tampered with it?

    You bought a 3 year service plan on a DVD burner? Do you eat your corn raw
    too?
  24. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    > >> Don't go there. Stupidity does not have a political, religious,
    > >> racial or whatever affiliation. It's an equal opportunity affliction.
    > >
    > >.... As was evident by President Dumbass trying to eat raw corn yesterday
    in
    > >Iowa...
    > >http://uk.fc.yahoo.com/040804/46/ezlmw.html
    > >

    > You obviously have been a big city boy all your life. Corn can be eaten
    > straight from the garden. Its not raw like meat. Then again if its not
    tofu,
    > or bean sprouts or other weird ass naturally grown product, you would have
    no
    > idea what i am talking about now would you?

    Too much cotton gin? When you sober up, you might get it.
  25. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    "David Mills" <davidmillsjd@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I bought my dvd-r about 18 months ago from Best Buy and I purchased
    > the 3 year service plan on it. I need to figure out a way to make it
    > not work any longer so I can upgrade my dvd-r. Can you think of any
    > small way to make the burner no longer work correctly without it
    > obviously looking like someone tampered with it?

    Connect it up to a 240VAC wall outlet...........
  26. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    Axel VK wrote:
    > "David Mills" <davidmillsjd@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> I bought my dvd-r about 18 months ago from Best Buy and I purchased
    >> the 3 year service plan on it. I need to figure out a way to make it
    >> not work any longer so I can upgrade my dvd-r. Can you think of any
    >> small way to make the burner no longer work correctly without it
    >> obviously looking like someone tampered with it?
    >
    > Connect it up to a 240VAC wall outlet...........

    Better yet, connect yourself up that wall outlet. Then you won't have to
    worry about it anymore, and probably do the world a favor.
  27. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    "Axel VK" <sparqs@pigpond.com> wrote in message

    > "David Mills" <davidmillsjd@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > > I bought my dvd-r about 18 months ago from Best Buy and I purchased
    > > the 3 year service plan on it. I need to figure out a way to make it
    > > not work any longer so I can upgrade my dvd-r. Can you think of any
    > > small way to make the burner no longer work correctly without it
    > > obviously looking like someone tampered with it?
    >
    > Connect it up to a 240VAC wall outlet...........

    Karate chop.
  28. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    "Steve King" <steve@REMOVETHISSPAMBLOCKsteveking.net> wrote in message

    > Where do these creeps come from? Some crook wants to scam somebody, and the
    > slime just oozes out. I'm talking about you, Starz Kid. PLONK (I've got
    > to check to see if there is a limit to how many jerks I can put in my kill
    > file.)

    So you basically killfile anyone who has a vague sense of humour?
  29. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    "Gene E. Bloch" <hamburger@NOT_SPAM.invalid> wrote in message
    > "Ken Maltby" <kmaltby@sbcglobal.net> wrote in
    >

    > > "MCheu" <mpcheu@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > >> Don't go there. Stupidity does not have a political, religious,
    > >> racial or whatever affiliation. It's an equal opportunity
    > >> affliction.
    > >>
    > >> ---------------------------------------------
    > >>
    > >> MCheu
    > >

    > > True, but a philosophy that believes that "Big Business" is
    > > inherently evil, and which has a moral/ethical compass that
    > > says "If it feels good do it", and "The ends justify the means",
    > > is likely to produce those who have no problem defrauding
    > > Best Buy. (Or any other display of the lack of any personal
    > > integrity.)
    > >
    > > Luck;
    > > Ken
    > >

    > Like, say, Enron's executives?
    >
    > --
    > Gene E. Bloch (Gino) phone 650.966.8481
    > Call me letters find me at domain blochg whose dot is com

    Great Reply!
    I don't think they were liberal, LOL
    And how many millions of people would have to defraud best buy to equal
    corporate greed,
    fraud done to corporations by their own executives?

    AnthonyR

  30. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    "GMAN" <glenzabr@nospamallowed.xmission.com> wrote in message

    > >> Don't go there. Stupidity does not have a political, religious,
    > >> racial or whatever affiliation. It's an equal opportunity affliction.
    > >
    > >.... As was evident by President Dumbass trying to eat raw corn yesterday
    in
    > >Iowa...
    > >http://uk.fc.yahoo.com/040804/46/ezlmw.html
    > >

    > You obviously have been a big city boy all your life. Corn can be eaten
    > straight from the garden. Its not raw like meat. Then again if its not
    tofu,
    > or bean sprouts or other weird ass naturally grown product, you would have
    no
    > idea what i am talking about now would you?

    I find your comment very contradictory, one the one hand you insult any city
    dweller by saying
    we don't know how to eat "corn", lol, which has been around since the
    beginning of time and is everywhere.
    Like as if only country boys know what corn is and how to eat it, then you
    say the city guys
    only know how to eat tofu, bean sprouts and other organically grown
    products.

    Well, last I checked, soy and bean sprouts are grown on farms, LOL
    But maybe not all farmers are willing to learn about these new fangled
    inventions?
  31. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    > No, but a liberal is more likely to find every which way to screw the
    > establishment !!!

    I don't agree. A liberal would more likely help save the planet than any
    other political affiliation,
    how is that screwing the establishment?

    I think you got your facts upside down.
  32. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    "BF" <bfor@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    > David Mills wrote:
    > > I bought my dvd-r about 18 months ago from Best Buy and I purchased
    > > the 3 year service plan on it. I need to figure out a way to make it
    > > not work any longer so I can upgrade my dvd-r. Can you think of any
    > > small way to make the burner no longer work correctly without it
    > > obviously looking like someone tampered with it?
    > You can probably buy a new one for not much more than you paid for the 3
    > year plan.

    LOL, I was just going to type that!!!!!

    It's so true, I never buy those damm plans, infact I wish more people broke
    there stuff just so the plan would become
    impractical enough so they would stop offering it and wasting all our time
    trying to sell them to us.
  33. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    Gene E. Bloch wrote:

    > "Ken Maltby" <kmaltby@sbcglobal.net> wrote in
    >

    >>"MCheu" <mpcheu@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    >>>Don't go there. Stupidity does not have a political, religious,
    >>>racial or whatever affiliation. It's an equal opportunity
    >>>affliction.
    >>>
    >>>---------------------------------------------
    >>>
    >>>MCheu
    >>
    >> True, but a philosophy that believes that "Big Business" is
    >>inherently evil, and which has a moral/ethical compass that
    >>says "If it feels good do it", and "The ends justify the means",
    >>is likely to produce those who have no problem defrauding
    >>Best Buy. (Or any other display of the lack of any personal
    >>integrity.)
    >>
    >>Luck;
    >> Ken
    >
    > Like, say, Enron's executives?

    And Dickie Cheney who "felt better" after telling Senator Leahy to go
    f*** himself on the floor of the Senate.

    The easiest way to figure out what the Repugs are doing behind the
    curtain is to watch what they accuse the Democrats of, see above. I rest
    my case.
  34. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    GMAN wrote:

    >>>Don't go there. Stupidity does not have a political, religious,
    >>>racial or whatever affiliation. It's an equal opportunity affliction.
    >>
    >>.... As was evident by President Dumbass trying to eat raw corn yesterday in
    >>Iowa...
    >>http://uk.fc.yahoo.com/040804/46/ezlmw.html
    >
    > You obviously have been a big city boy all your life. Corn can be eaten
    > straight from the garden. Its not raw like meat. Then again if its not tofu,
    > or bean sprouts or other weird ass naturally grown product,

    Corn is grown unnaturally? You rightards don't usually admit such things
    in public.
  35. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    GMAN wrote:

    > In article <he75h0d9b38f7h3mu6coadls9of6ro2j1o@4ax.com>, MCheu <mpcheu@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    >>On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 15:47:45 -0500, "Ken Maltby"
    >><kmaltby@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
    >>

    >>>"David Mills" <davidmillsjd@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    >>> Let me guess, you are a liberal, right?
    >>>
    >>>LOL;
    >>> Ken
    >>
    >>Don't go there. Stupidity does not have a political, religious,
    >>racial or whatever affiliation. It's an equal opportunity affliction.
    >>
    >>---------------------------------------------
    >>
    >>MCheu
    >
    > No, but a liberal is more likely to find every which way to screw the
    > establishment !!!

    Jesus, man, what could any liberal do, or the antiChrist even, to ruin
    the US that the Boy King hasn't already done?

    At least the economy is turning around as he promised, this morning's
    jobs report demonstrates that very clearly.
  36. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    Tony wrote:

    > "Axel VK" <sparqs@pigpond.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>"David Mills" <davidmillsjd@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>I bought my dvd-r about 18 months ago from Best Buy and I purchased
    >>>the 3 year service plan on it. I need to figure out a way to make it
    >>>not work any longer so I can upgrade my dvd-r. Can you think of any
    >>>small way to make the burner no longer work correctly without it
    >>>obviously looking like someone tampered with it?
    >>
    >>Connect it up to a 240VAC wall outlet...........
    >
    > Karate chop.

    LOL - very creative solution!
  37. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    David Mills wrote:

    > I bought my dvd-r about 18 months ago from Best Buy and I purchased
    > the 3 year service plan on it. I need to figure out a way to make it
    > not work any longer so I can upgrade my dvd-r. Can you think of any
    > small way to make the burner no longer work correctly without it
    > obviously looking like someone tampered with it?

    You're obviously some cheap assed Republicon who expects the rest of us
    to bail you from one bad decision after another. Have you considered
    running for president?
  38. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    Allan wrote:

    >>I bought my dvd-r about 18 months ago from Best Buy and I purchased
    >>the 3 year service plan on it. I need to figure out a way to make it
    >>not work any longer so I can upgrade my dvd-r. Can you think of any
    >>small way to make the burner no longer work correctly without it
    >>obviously looking like someone tampered with it?
    >

    > You bought a 3 year service plan on a DVD burner? Do you eat your corn raw
    > too?

    LOL!

    Anyone else remember the raw corn in "Wargames"?
  39. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    > >>I bought my dvd-r about 18 months ago from Best Buy and I purchased
    > >>the 3 year service plan on it. I need to figure out a way to make it
    > >>not work any longer so I can upgrade my dvd-r. Can you think of any
    > >>small way to make the burner no longer work correctly without it
    > >>obviously looking like someone tampered with it?
    > >

    > > You bought a 3 year service plan on a DVD burner? Do you eat your corn
    raw
    > > too?
    >
    > LOL!
    >
    > Anyone else remember the raw corn in "Wargames"?

    No, tell me more.
  40. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    glenzabr@nospamallowed.xmission.com (GMAN) wrote in

    > In article <Xns953CA082C4F7AAstrolabe@204.127.204.17>, "Gene E.
    > Bloch" <hamburger@NOT_SPAM.invalid> wrote:
    >>"Ken Maltby" <kmaltby@sbcglobal.net> wrote in
    >>

    >>> "MCheu" <mpcheu@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    >>> True, but a philosophy that believes that "Big Business" is
    >>> inherently evil, and which has a moral/ethical compass that
    >>> says "If it feels good do it", and "The ends justify the means",
    >>> is likely to produce those who have no problem defrauding
    >>> Best Buy. (Or any other display of the lack of any personal
    >>> integrity.)
    >>>
    >>> Luck;
    >>> Ken
    >>>

    >>Like, say, Enron's executives?
    >>
    > Um, crime done on CLINTONS watch!!!!

    And the relevance of that is???

    --
    Gene E. Bloch (Gino) phone 650.966.8481
    Call me letters find me at domain blochg whose dot is com
  41. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    mercutio <merc@evinrude.org> wrote in

    > On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 13:11:41 -0700, David Mills wrote:
    >
    >> I bought my dvd-r about 18 months ago from Best Buy and I
    >> purchased the 3 year service plan on it. I need to figure out a
    >> way to make it not work any longer so I can upgrade my dvd-r.
    >> Can you think of any small way to make the burner no longer work
    >> correctly without it obviously looking like someone tampered with
    >> it?
    >
    > Did you bother checking to see if a firmware upgrade is available
    > for the drive? That could solve your problem without having to
    > resort to slime bag behaviour.

    Actually, trying to install a firmware UG might just do the trick for
    the OP!

    Maybe we shouldn't encourage him...

    Gene E. Bloch (Gino) phone 650.966.8481
    Call me letters find me at domain blochg whose dot is com
  42. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    Allan wrote:

    >>>You bought a 3 year service plan on a DVD burner? Do you eat your corn
    >
    > raw
    >
    >>>too?
    >>
    >>LOL!
    >>
    >>Anyone else remember the raw corn in "Wargames"?
    >
    > No, tell me more.

    David's family ate raw corn one night in "Wargames". The father didn't
    like it.
  43. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    > >>Anyone else remember the raw corn in "Wargames"?
    > >
    > > No, tell me more.
    >
    > David's family ate raw corn one night in "Wargames". The father didn't
    > like it.

    Damn city-folk dunno wot's good eatin' :-)
  44. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    davidmillsjd@yahoo.com (David Mills) wrote in message news:<8bde24b0.0408051211.4795be63@posting.google.com>...
    > I bought my dvd-r about 18 months ago from Best Buy and I purchased
    > the 3 year service plan on it. I need to figure out a way to make it
    > not work any longer so I can upgrade my dvd-r. Can you think of any
    > small way to make the burner no longer work correctly without it
    > obviously looking like someone tampered with it?

    Go to the DVD-R manufacturer's site and download their firmware
    upgrade. While the upgrade is in prograss, pull the power plug to
    your computer. That should do it. Sometimes putting a sanding disk
    into the DVD burner can do sufficient damage. That would work unless
    they actually open it up and check it.
  45. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    Sparky wrote:

    > David Mills wrote:
    >
    >> I bought my dvd-r about 18 months ago from Best Buy and I purchased
    >> the 3 year service plan on it. I need to figure out a way to make it
    >> not work any longer so I can upgrade my dvd-r. Can you think of any
    >> small way to make the burner no longer work correctly without it
    >> obviously looking like someone tampered with it?
    >

    > You're obviously some cheap assed Republicon who expects the rest of us
    > to bail you from one bad decision after another. Have you considered
    > running for president?

    No, he is a dumb ass Democrat that is not capable of processing
    information to come to a conclusion that the three year plan will cost
    almost as much as a new burner. Just like Democrats he has to be told
    what is best for him because he is not capable of doing it on his own.
    Sorry to bring politics into.
  46. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    Ken Maltby <kmaltby@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
    : "David Mills" <davidmillsjd@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    : news:8bde24b0.0408051211.4795be63@posting.google.com...
    :: I bought my dvd-r about 18 months ago from Best Buy and I
    purchased
    :: the 3 year service plan on it. I need to figure out a way to
    make it
    :: not work any longer so I can upgrade my dvd-r. Can you think of
    any
    :: small way to make the burner no longer work correctly without it
    :: obviously looking like someone tampered with it?
    :
    : Let me guess, you are a liberal, right?

    Idiot. He obviously studied the Rumsfield-Cheney-Bush "how to screw
    thy neighbor" course as all good god-loving, little conservatives
    do.
  47. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    "Why not go to war just for oil? We need oil.
    What do Hollywood celebrities imagine fuels their private jets?
    How do they think their cocaine is delivered to them?"

    An opinion by Ann Coulter

    "jack" <jack@ibm.com> wrote in message news:2nk48gF1mu5kU1@uni-berlin.de...
    > Ken Maltby <kmaltby@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
    > : "David Mills" <davidmillsjd@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > : news:8bde24b0.0408051211.4795be63@posting.google.com...
    > :: I bought my dvd-r about 18 months ago from Best Buy and I
    > purchased
    > :: the 3 year service plan on it. I need to figure out a way to
    > make it
    > :: not work any longer so I can upgrade my dvd-r. Can you think of
    > any
    > :: small way to make the burner no longer work correctly without it
    > :: obviously looking like someone tampered with it?
    > :
    > : Let me guess, you are a liberal, right?
    >
    > Idiot. He obviously studied the Rumsfield-Cheney-Bush "how to screw
    > thy neighbor" course as all good god-loving, little conservatives
    > do.

  48. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    "Sparky" <nemo@moon.sun.edu> wrote in message
    > GMAN wrote:
    >

    > > You obviously have been a big city boy all your life. Corn can be eaten
    > > straight from the garden. Its not raw like meat. Then again if its not
    tofu,
    > > or bean sprouts or other weird ass naturally grown product,
    >
    > Corn is grown unnaturally? You rightards don't usually admit such things
    > in public.

    It's unnatural. Genetically mutated by humans. Over a period of thousands
    of years, Native Americans purposefully transformed maize through special
    cultivation techniques. It was developed from a wild grass Teosinte
    originally growing in Central America and southern Mexico 7,000 years ago.
    By systematically collecting and cultivating those plants best suited for
    human consumption, Native Americans encouraged the formation of ears or cobs
    on early maize (which we call corn).
  49. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.dvdr,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

    "David Mills" <davidmillsjd@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I bought my dvd-r about 18 months ago from Best Buy and I purchased
    > the 3 year service plan on it. I need to figure out a way to make it
    > not work any longer so I can upgrade my dvd-r. Can you think of any
    > small way to make the burner no longer work correctly without it
    > obviously looking like someone tampered with it?

    Play DVD's in it while you're in the bathtub till it quits working. Then
    hang it out till it thoroughly dries out.

    Rich

Tuner Cards DVD Burner Video DVD Writers Graphics