How to disable client PC welcome/unlock computer screen af..

April 3, 2004 6:20:50 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

Hello,

If anyone have the same problem and is being solved. Can you please share
with me ? Basically, I would like the PC which has been remote access can
disable the welcome screen. So that the user in the other side can use the
PC right away without the need to login.

Thanks
Anonymous
April 3, 2004 6:20:51 PM

Bosco Fong wrote:
> Hello,
>
> If anyone have the same problem and is being solved. Can you please
> share with me ? Basically, I would like the PC which has been remote
> access can disable the welcome screen. So that the user in the other
> side can use the PC right away without the need to login.
>
> Thanks

Bosco

You cannot currently have 2 accounts logged into the same XP system at the
same time. However, using Remote Desktop, you can access the remote system
without logging the current user off if Fast User Switching is enabled. The
user will be disconnected, but will not lose anything and can resume the
session that was disconnected by the remote desktop session.

See the following MSKB article. Scroll down to the "If Fast User Switching
Is Enabled" section near the bottom.

How a Remote Desktop Connection Affects Windows XP Professional:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=280828

--
Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

http://www.dts-l.org
http://www.mvps.org
Anonymous
April 3, 2004 11:18:24 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

Try this, when you are ready to disconnect from the remote session:

On the host machine (via remote desktop!) do:

Start, Run, %windir%\System32\tscon.exe 0 /dest:console

See whether that has the desired effect.

"Bosco Fong" <lokman@fagi.net> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> If anyone have the same problem and is being solved. Can you please share
> with me ? Basically, I would like the PC which has been remote access can
> disable the welcome screen. So that the user in the other side can use the
> PC right away without the need to login.
>
> Thanks

Anonymous
April 4, 2004 9:20:07 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

Bill,

Thanks for your help.

Start, Run, %windir%\System32\tscon.exe 0 /dest:console

is more like what I am trying to achieve. But there is one more thing.
Instead of running the above command everytime, is it possible to achieve
the same result when:

1) the user in the host machine move or click a mouse button. The user in
the remote end will be disconnected immediately.
2) the user in the remote end finish the Remote Desktop session.

Thanks

"Bill Sanderson" <Bill_Sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org> wrote in message
> Try this, when you are ready to disconnect from the remote session:
>
> On the host machine (via remote desktop!) do:
>
> Start, Run, %windir%\System32\tscon.exe 0 /dest:console
>
> See whether that has the desired effect.
>
> "Bosco Fong" <lokman@fagi.net> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > If anyone have the same problem and is being solved. Can you please
share
> > with me ? Basically, I would like the PC which has been remote access
can
> > disable the welcome screen. So that the user in the other side can use
the
> > PC right away without the need to login.
> >
> > Thanks

Anonymous
April 4, 2004 11:21:32 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

Sorry - that's as near as I can come to what you are looking for, I'm
afraid.

"Bosco" <lokman@fagi.net> wrote in message
> Bill,
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Start, Run, %windir%\System32\tscon.exe 0 /dest:console
>
> is more like what I am trying to achieve. But there is one more thing.
> Instead of running the above command everytime, is it possible to achieve
> the same result when:
>
> 1) the user in the host machine move or click a mouse button. The user in
> the remote end will be disconnected immediately.
> 2) the user in the remote end finish the Remote Desktop session.
>

> Thanks
>
> "Bill Sanderson" <Bill_Sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org> wrote in message
>> Try this, when you are ready to disconnect from the remote session:
>>
>> On the host machine (via remote desktop!) do:
>>
>> Start, Run, %windir%\System32\tscon.exe 0 /dest:console
>>
>> See whether that has the desired effect.
>>
>> "Bosco Fong" <lokman@fagi.net> wrote in message
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > If anyone have the same problem and is being solved. Can you please
> share
>> > with me ? Basically, I would like the PC which has been remote access
> can
>> > disable the welcome screen. So that the user in the other side can use
> the
>> > PC right away without the need to login.
>> >
>> > Thanks

Anonymous
April 6, 2004 2:56:54 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

Thanks a lot, that's great help :)

!