offline folders script commands

I would like to setup a script that woudl automatically synchronize offline
folders with the server folder.
Where can I find the information on the script commands to use?

Thanks
Olivier
Olivier@e-base.com
4 answers Last reply
More about offline folders script commands

    Here's a 3rd party application that does just this:
    http://www.ibexsoftware.com/TSapplication.asp

    More add-on applications here:
    http://www.workthin.com/tsao.htm

    Patrick Rouse
    Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
    http://www.workthin.com

    Patrick,
    the client does not connect through Remote desktop connection.
    Typically she has my documents redirected to a folder on the server and made
    available offline. as she works always remote, she needs to have a system to
    automatically synchronize back and forth the server redirected directory
    with the offline folder on the client.

    Thanks!
    Olivier
    "Patrick Rouse [MVP]" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Here's a 3rd party application that does just this:
    > http://www.ibexsoftware.com/TSapplication.asp
    >
    > More add-on applications here:
    > http://www.workthin.com/tsao.htm
    >
    > Patrick Rouse
    > Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
    > http://www.workthin.com

    HOW TO: Use Offline Files in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;307853&

    Patrick Rouse
    Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
    http://www.workthin.com

    Patrick,
    Thank you for trying to help me!! but I think we are not on the same
    wavelength.
    I have been using pretty sucessfully the offline folders for several years,
    using group policy to implement them: the key is that in the past the users
    using it were at least once a week in the office and replicated the changes
    back and forth on a fast link.
    However, we now have several people now working exclusively from home or
    from an hotel room, never being back in the office and therefore never
    connecting on a fast link anymore. They also use typically one to three
    different workstations each on which they have offline folders pointing to
    their user files on the server.
    That is what makes it so difficult.

    While using the folder offline, the automatic synchronization through vpn
    synchronizes only the changes on the workstation to the server, but not the
    changes that happened on the server (coming from another workstation) back
    to the workstation.
    That is why I am trying to find a way to force an automatic synchronization
    of the offline folders from and to the server, while offline.

    I hope it makes sense to you and that you have a solution for me!

    > HOW TO: Use Offline Files in Windows XP
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;307853&
    >
    > Patrick Rouse
    > Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server