Error: Client cannot connect to the remote computer

April 3, 2004 7:38:49 PM

We have been using remote desktop for over a year with no
problems. All of a sudden, we can no longer connect. We
have checked setup and permissions. We use a Linksys
roter for the network at work. The error we get says
that "remote connections might not be enabled or the
computer might be too busy to accept new connections. It
is also possible that network problems are preventing the
connection" Please help!
Anonymous
April 4, 2004 11:01:07 AM

Are you trying to connect to PC behind the Linksys router from a remote location or over a private LAN that is connected to the router?

Have the network administrators recently updated the firmware on the router?

Is TCP Port 3389 open through the router? Has the public IP of the router recently changed?

Has the private LAN IP of the PC your trying to connect to recently changed?
!