can not configure incoming connections.

I was trying to make a new connection by using the "Create a New
Connection". I click on "Setup and Advanced Connection" and then I click
next. Then I click on incoming connection and then I click next. Once I
click next my computer freeze my computer for five to ten minutes and then
gives me this error message. "Incoming Connection depends on the routing and
remote access service which was unable to start. For more information, check
the system events log". I don't know what to do. Before I reinstall windows
XP, I thought one of you genius might have a better idea than reinstall
windows again. I have received so much help from this newsgroup so I thought
I asked before I go reinstalling anything.

Ankit Shah

Hi Ankit,

When u configure the incoming connections, "Routing and remote access
service" should automatically start. (the dependent services may not be
started in u'r case.)

try this,

1. Run -> Services.msc ( u will see services wizard)
2. Go to Routing and Remote access service. -> right click ->All tasks ->
start the sevice.
3. If the service is disabled, Right click -> properties -> Startuptype ->
make it Manual -> Apply , then start that service.
4. If it says " Routing and Remote access service " can't be started
because the dependent services are stopped then follow steps 2 and 3 to
start all the dependent servies......u will see the dependent services tab
in the properties wizard.

After starting Routing and Remote access Services , configure Incoming
connections....

thanks,
vamsi.

"Ankit Shah" <AnkitShah15@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I was trying to make a new connection by using the "Create a New
> Connection". I click on "Setup and Advanced Connection" and then I click
> next. Then I click on incoming connection and then I click next. Once I
> click next my computer freeze my computer for five to ten minutes and then
> gives me this error message. "Incoming Connection depends on the routing
and
> remote access service which was unable to start. For more information,
check
> the system events log". I don't know what to do. Before I reinstall
windows
> XP, I thought one of you genius might have a better idea than reinstall
> windows again. I have received so much help from this newsgroup so I
thought
> I asked before I go reinstalling anything.
>
> Ankit Shah

Hi Vamsi,

That was great advise, and tried what you have said but it still giving me
an error message, but this time it is a different error. The error message
that pops up is "Windows could not start the Routing and Remote Access on
Local Computer. For more information, review the System Event Log. If this
is a non-Microsoft service, contact vendor, and refer to service-specific
error code 127."

Ankit Shah

"Kancharla vamshi krishna [MSFT]" <vamshika@online.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:OKn2SvhGEHA.3816@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...

> Hi Ankit,
>
> When u configure the incoming connections, "Routing and remote access
> service" should automatically start. (the dependent services may not be
> started in u'r case.)
>
> try this,
>
> 1. Run -> Services.msc ( u will see services wizard)
> 2. Go to Routing and Remote access service. -> right click ->All
tasks ->
> start the sevice.
> 3. If the service is disabled, Right click -> properties ->
Startuptype ->
> make it Manual -> Apply , then start that service.
> 4. If it says " Routing and Remote access service " can't be started
> because the dependent services are stopped then follow steps 2 and 3 to
> start all the dependent servies......u will see the dependent services tab
> in the properties wizard.
>
> After starting Routing and Remote access Services , configure Incoming
> connections....

> thanks,
> vamsi.

rights.

> "Ankit Shah" <AnkitShah15@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I was trying to make a new connection by using the "Create a New
> > Connection". I click on "Setup and Advanced Connection" and then I
click
> > next. Then I click on incoming connection and then I click next. Once I
> > click next my computer freeze my computer for five to ten minutes and
then
> > gives me this error message. "Incoming Connection depends on the routing
> and
> > remote access service which was unable to start. For more information,
> check
> > the system events log". I don't know what to do. Before I reinstall
> windows
> > XP, I thought one of you genius might have a better idea than reinstall
> > windows again. I have received so much help from this newsgroup so I
> thought
> > I asked before I go reinstalling anything.
> >
> > Ankit Shah

Hi ankit,

The error code 127 if for the error "The specified procedure could not be
found".
This error occurs if the system is trying to load a dll and and execute a
procedure which can not be found...
So there's some problem with u'r dlls.
check whether u have all the dlls.
run ->eventvwr to see whether all the services are started properly or
not.

> Hi Vamsi,
>
> That was great advise, and tried what you have said but it still giving me
> an error message, but this time it is a different error. The error message
> that pops up is "Windows could not start the Routing and Remote Access on
> Local Computer. For more information, review the System Event Log. If this
> is a non-Microsoft service, contact vendor, and refer to service-specific
> error code 127."
>
> Ankit Shah
>
> "Kancharla vamshi krishna [MSFT]" <vamshika@online.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:OKn2SvhGEHA.3816@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> >
> > Hi Ankit,
> >
> > When u configure the incoming connections, "Routing and remote
access
> > service" should automatically start. (the dependent services may not be
> > started in u'r case.)
> >
> > try this,
> >
> > 1. Run -> Services.msc ( u will see services wizard)
> > 2. Go to Routing and Remote access service. -> right click ->All
> tasks ->
> > start the sevice.
> > 3. If the service is disabled, Right click -> properties ->
> Startuptype ->
> > make it Manual -> Apply , then start that service.
> > 4. If it says " Routing and Remote access service " can't be started
> > because the dependent services are stopped then follow steps 2 and 3 to
> > start all the dependent servies......u will see the dependent services
tab
> > in the properties wizard.
> >
> > After starting Routing and Remote access Services , configure Incoming
> > connections....

> > thanks,
> > vamsi.
> >

> > --
> > --
> rights.
> >
> > "Ankit Shah" <AnkitShah15@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > I was trying to make a new connection by using the "Create a New
> > > Connection". I click on "Setup and Advanced Connection" and then I
> click
> > > next. Then I click on incoming connection and then I click next. Once
> > > click next my computer freeze my computer for five to ten minutes and
> then
> > > gives me this error message. "Incoming Connection depends on the
routing
> > and
> > > remote access service which was unable to start. For more information,
> > check
> > > the system events log". I don't know what to do. Before I reinstall
> > windows
> > > XP, I thought one of you genius might have a better idea than
reinstall
> > > windows again. I have received so much help from this newsgroup so I
> > thought
> > > I asked before I go reinstalling anything.
> > >
> > > Ankit Shah

How do I check to see whether all my DLL files are there? Also how do I
check to see whether or not there are any of the DLL files are corrupted?

message news:eak7vdsGEHA.684@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> [...]
> > > service" should automatically start. (the dependent services may not
be
> > > started in u'r case.)
> > >
> > > try this,
> > >
> > > 1. Run -> Services.msc ( u will see services wizard)
> > > 2. Go to Routing and Remote access service. -> right click ->All
> > tasks ->
> > > start the sevice.
> > > 3. If the service is disabled, Right click -> properties ->
> > Startuptype ->
> > > make it Manual -> Apply , then start that service.
> > > 4. If it says " Routing and Remote access service " can't be started
> > > because the dependent services are stopped then follow steps 2 and 3
> > > start all the dependent servies......u will see the dependent services
> tab
> > > in the properties wizard.
> > >
> > > After starting Routing and Remote access Services , configure Incoming

One thing to do is start, run, sfc /scannow <enter>

(Have your XP CD in the drive, or handy.)

> How do I check to see whether all my DLL files are there? Also how do I
> check to see whether or not there are any of the DLL files are corrupted?
>
> Ankit Shah
> "Kancharla vamshi krishna [MSFT]" <vamshika@online.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:eak7vdsGEHA.684@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>> Hi ankit,
>>
>> The error code 127 if for the error "The specified procedure could not
> be
>> found".
>> This error occurs if the system is trying to load a dll and and execute
>> procedure which can not be found...
>> So there's some problem with u'r dlls.
>> check whether u have all the dlls.
>> run ->eventvwr to see whether all the services are started properly or
>> not.
>>
>> Thanks ,
>> vamsi.
>>

>> --
>> --
> rights.
>>
>> "Ankit Shah" <AnkitShah15@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi Vamsi,
>> >
>> > That was great advise, and tried what you have said but it still giving
> me
>> > an error message, but this time it is a different error. The error
> message
>> > that pops up is "Windows could not start the Routing and Remote Access
> on
>> > Local Computer. For more information, review the System Event Log. If
> this
>> > is a non-Microsoft service, contact vendor, and refer to
> service-specific
>> > error code 127."
>> >
>> > Ankit Shah
>> >
>> > "Kancharla vamshi krishna [MSFT]" <vamshika@online.microsoft.com> wrote
> in
>> > message news:OKn2SvhGEHA.3816@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...

>> access
> be

>> > tasks ->
>> > Startuptype ->
>> tab

>> > rights.

>> > click
> Once
> and
>> > then
>> routing
> information,
>> reinstall

Anish Jain,

Check that in WIN XP installation location in system32\inetsrv\ whether you have 87 files and 6 Folders (or more). If you have less than this m, this means some files have been delted due to virus or some other problem. Replace or copy these files from some other working XP system and get work done. The similar problem I was facing too but after copying files of INETSRV foolder from another computer I have got sorted out of this trouble.