WPA setup

ray

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2001

Currently I setup a wireless network with WEP encryption. Can someone
advise how to configure both Cisco AP and notebooks to WAP encryption.

Thanks,

Ray

Hi Ray,

You can find information on configuring Cisco APs in the technical
support area on Cisco's web site. Here is the URL
for the wireless area within Cisco's technical support:
http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/Support/browse/index.pl?i=Products&f=755&viewall=true

If you want to use straight WPA you also need to have a RADIUS server
that the AP will communicate with to
perform 802.1X authentication.

If you do not have a RADIUS server, you can use WPA-PSK (Pre-Shared Key)
instead. With WPA-PSK you
will set up a key on both the AP and client similar to WEP.

Here is a good guide to WPA configuration on Windows XP:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/cableguy/cg0303.mspx

Thanks
Chris Gual [MSFT]