can not set up incoming connection on windows XP cd

Hi Vamsi,

That was great advise, and tried what you have said but it still giving me
an error message, but this time it is a different error. The error message
that pops up is "Windows could not start the Routing and Remote Access on
Local Computer. For more information, review the System Event Log. If this
is a non-Microsoft service, contact vendor, and refer to service-specific
error code 127."

Ankit Shah

Please try starting the dependent servoces which the following service
dpeends on. May be some services are not started.

--
- Manjari
"Ankit Shah" <AnkitShah15@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi Vamsi,
>
> That was great advise, and tried what you have said but it still giving me
> an error message, but this time it is a different error. The error message
> that pops up is "Windows could not start the Routing and Remote Access on
> Local Computer. For more information, review the System Event Log. If this
> is a non-Microsoft service, contact vendor, and refer to service-specific
> error code 127."
>
> Ankit Shah

Try starting Remote Access Connection Manager.

If this fails with error code 5, you might need to reinstall Service Pack 1.

I'm not certain this is the root cause of your error, but try the above
test. If you get error code 5, I'd reinstall SP1.