Can Premiere edit MPG?

The video is jerky because MPG is ment to be viewed and not edited.
For the price of Adobe Premiere Pro, surely there is a way to import
and edit MPEGs.

On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 11:48:32 -0600, Selat < > wrote:

>The video is jerky because MPG is ment to be viewed and not edited.
>For the price of Adobe Premiere Pro, surely there is a way to import
>and edit MPEGs.

for the price of premiere , you can.
edius2 can do what you want. http://www.canopus.com
so can womble mpeg video wizard http://www.womble.com/products.htm

Main Concept sells a plugin that enables MPEG to be edited in Premiere
Pro and it only renders changes you make, so there is no loss of
quality. (I'm not sure if it works with Premiere Pro 1.5)

John

On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 11:48:32 -0600, Selat < > wrote:

>The video is jerky because MPG is ment to be viewed and not edited.
>For the price of Adobe Premiere Pro, surely there is a way to import
>and edit MPEGs.

Yes, thank you very much. I went and got the plug in and it most
definately works with Pro 1.5

There is no messing around with it at all. It did a seamless install
and works within Premiere with out any further input or messing
around. FANTASTIC. Thanks again for your help.

>Main Concept sells a plugin that enables MPEG to be edited in Premiere
>Pro and it only renders changes you make, so there is no loss of
>quality. (I'm not sure if it works with Premiere Pro 1.5)
>
>John

Selat,

Thanks for your feedback. When I got Premiere Pro 1.5 a few weeks ago
I copied the plug in across from the Premiere Pro PlugIns folder, and
all seemed OK, but when I tried to render an MPEG file Premiere Pro
1.5 would crash. I wasn't sure if it was my fault.

In view of your comments that it works wirh Pro 1.5, tonight I bit the
bullet and uninstalled the plug in, and then uninstalled Premiere Pro.
Then I reinstalled the plug in and it found its way into Pro 1.5 - and
it now all works with Pro 1.5 just like you said. Thank you too!

John