VPN connection

I am trying to connect to an XP pro machine in my office
from my XP pro laptop at home. Both have broadband
connections. I have set up the office machine to accept
incoming connections. I can configure VPN from the laptop
with the IP address of the office machine. I think the
connection finds the IP address but doesn't complete
because of the firewall (but I maybe wrong). I have read
about changing the port to get around the firewall, but I
don't know how to do it. Can someone help please?

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 03:20:52 -0700, "paula"

>I am trying to connect to an XP pro machine in my office
>from my XP pro laptop at home. Both have broadband
>connections. I have set up the office machine to accept
>incoming connections. I can configure VPN from the laptop
>with the IP address of the office machine. I think the
>connection finds the IP address but doesn't complete
>because of the firewall (but I maybe wrong). I have read
>about changing the port to get around the firewall, but I
>don't know how to do it. Can someone help please?

What kind of VPN dir you set up?

--

Map Of The Vast Right Wing Conspiracy:
http://www.freewebs.com/vrwc/

You know you are in Hell when you have to make a
distinction between what is moral and what is legal.

If it appears to be connecting, but hangs when verifying your username
and password, you need to ensure that GRE/PPTP Passthrough is
enabled).

If you aren't connecting at all, check with your router/firewall
manual to see how to forward TCP Port 1723 to the internal/private
address of your machine.

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com