Can't Sync Video and Audio. MPG2 File. What's wrong?

Hi everyone, okay, I have been trying to make DVD files out of an
MPG-2 file from my Video Camera. It's a Sony DCR-TRV525 Digital Video
Camera. I used the ATI All_In_Wonder Video Card to capture the Video
from the Camera. The file plays fine in Windows media player and any
other player. But for some reason no matter what program I use, I
can't get the Audio to sync with the Video. I have used DVDLAB,
Pinnacle Studio 9, TMPGEnc 3.0 XPress, TMPGEnc DVD Author. Nothing
works. I have tried to separate the Audio from the Video using
Virtual Dub but Virtual Dub won't open the MPG file. I have also
tried to separate the Audio and Video using DVDLAB, but it won't demux
the file.

Why won't any programs keep the file in Sync when converting to DVD
VOB Files even when All the players play the file fine on the
computer? This is driving me nuts. Does anyone have any idea how to
do this?

Thanks.

"NewJeep" <newjeep75@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi everyone, okay, I have been trying to make DVD files out of an
> MPG-2 file from my Video Camera. It's a Sony DCR-TRV525 Digital Video
> Camera. I used the ATI All_In_Wonder Video Card to capture the Video
> from the Camera. The file plays fine in Windows media player and any
> other player. But for some reason no matter what program I use, I
> can't get the Audio to sync with the Video. I have used DVDLAB,
> Pinnacle Studio 9, TMPGEnc 3.0 XPress, TMPGEnc DVD Author. Nothing
> works. I have tried to separate the Audio from the Video using
> Virtual Dub but Virtual Dub won't open the MPG file. I have also
> tried to separate the Audio and Video using DVDLAB, but it won't demux
> the file.
>
> Why won't any programs keep the file in Sync when converting to DVD
> VOB Files even when All the players play the file fine on the
> computer? This is driving me nuts. Does anyone have any idea how to
> do this?
>
> Thanks.

It sounds like there is no audio lock to field during the capture,
and/or MPEG encoding. Was the audio input along with the video
or added later?

You could download "Simple Synchronizer" from DVD Digest,
with it you can find out what offset you would need to return to
the proper lip sync.

Luck;
Ken

"NewJeep" <newjeep75@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>I used the ATI All_In_Wonder Video Card to capture the Video
> from the Camera.

As mpeg-2? Even more important, as standard mpeg-2? For the best
results, always capture as a Huffyuv AVI, then encode to mpeg-2 with
Tmpgenc, Canopus, CCE, Mainconcept... On the fly capture of mpeg,
wether by software or hardware, can be fine if you do not plan to edit
it. If you plan to edit, be ready for a headache. Not that closed GOP
standard mpeg cannot be edited. It can. But what you get from a
capture is not that sort of mpeg. You are not the first one to stumble
on this, you know.